PDA

View Full Version : Hairtyping help. :)

SouthernSweetie
April 1st, 2017, 11:09 AM
I've grown from shoulder to almost waist, and I've never asked for help with my hairtyping. I thought I should re-evaluate since my hair is so much longer, and I now have a lot more virgin/unprocessed hair than before. If y'all don't mind, could you give your opinions? Thanks!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26765&d=1491066295

Fia
April 1st, 2017, 11:26 AM
I'd say a 2a, you have the long stretched out waves throughout the hair that is the definition of the category. You're definitely not a 1c as your current classifier says, that one is mostly straight with just one or two of the waves visible.

SouthernSweetie
April 1st, 2017, 11:32 AM
I'd say a 2a, you have the long stretched out waves throughout the hair that is the definition of the category. You're definitely not a 1c as your current classifier says, that one is mostly straight with just one or two of the waves visible.

Thanks! I was starting to doubt what I thought my hairtype was before. I think the fact that I used to heat style constantly made a difference. I haven't heat styled in almost 3 years now so my hair does what it wants!

SeRe
April 1st, 2017, 03:58 PM
I think you are 2a now but should probably be 1c if your hair grows longer.

I was 2b when I started. Now I think I am 2a with waist length hair, but people around me believe I am 1c. Some days, I can pass off as 1b. The other day, my friend asked if I had flat ironed my hair. Hair is different every day.

lapushka
April 1st, 2017, 04:09 PM
I would say 1c. Possibly 1c/2a, but certainly not full 2a, IMO.

SouthernSweetie
April 1st, 2017, 07:15 PM
Thanks SeRe and Lapushka! I guess I'll settle for a compromise and say 1c/2a. What ultimately matters is that I know how to care for it and get the most out of my hairtype. I still love it the same and want it to be longer no matter what we call it. Thank you so much for your input! :flowers: