PDA

View Full Version : Co washing?

Synester
March 31st, 2017, 01:18 AM
Can you co wash with ANY conditioner? or does it need to be a cleansing conditioner.
Can any co washers here list their favorite conditioners/cleansing conditioner brands for co washing
and or how often do you co wash?

TatsuOni
March 31st, 2017, 01:36 AM
Check out this thread :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

Synester
April 1st, 2017, 03:33 AM
thankyou ill check it out. im like 15 pages in and im not seeing many brand recommendations or cult fav conditioner for co washing. i guess ill keep looking?

Ophidian
April 1st, 2017, 06:13 AM
I think brand preference varies quite a bit, but popular ones seem to be the Suave Naturals line (Coconut, aloe and waterlily, etc... I think it's now Suave Essentials though), VO5, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle if you like the minty fresh feeling and have a TJ near you... Basically standard advice is find a conditioner that is cheap and silicone free. There are conditioners made specifically for COwashing but they tend to be more pricey and not necessarily superior. Of course, standard advice doesn't always apply so you might have to experiment to find your personal favorites.

TatsuOni
April 1st, 2017, 07:49 AM
thankyou ill check it out. im like 15 pages in and im not seeing many brand recommendations or cult fav conditioner for co washing. i guess ill keep looking?

Just pop in a question about there :) I think that you will get more answers there than in a separate thread :) But it's a lot about trying out what works for you :)

Katia_k
April 1st, 2017, 08:56 AM
Seconding the advice about cone-free. So far, any conditioner that I've tried, just normal not specific cleansing ones, has worked fine. I did it a year or two ago with a cone one though and that was a build-up disaster.