PDA

View Full Version : Friend Wants To Sell Her Hair - How to do this?

Laurenji
March 29th, 2017, 10:27 AM
So, a friend of mine who has long-ish hair (about BSL) is planning on getting her hair cut short and was wondering about the possibility of selling her hair. She hasn't dyed or processed her hair in any way, is fairly gentle with washing, doesn't smoke & isn't around smoking, etc.

Does anyone have any information about legitimate places to sell hair, online or otherwise? I feel like there was a thread about this a while ago, but I can't find it and I don't remember who it was that might have experience with this.

lapushka
March 29th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Didn't Pantene do a campaign on this?

truepeacenik
March 29th, 2017, 12:55 PM
I searched once, trying to get a price. Mainly so I could say, if I sold it, I'd raise X and instead, I donated to a charity. there were a couple sites that allowed more safety. Cannot recall them now.

she can cut, but save it wrapped in fabric, in a not quite closed bag.

Rebel Rebel
March 29th, 2017, 02:08 PM
I came across a place called Hair Sellon a little while ago on accident. I don't know anything about the company at all but it did look legit. I was more amazed that people wanted to sell their beautiful hair. On the other hand if someone were wanting to buy hair or make extensions it was nice to see who it was coming from.

sumidha
March 29th, 2017, 03:17 PM
There's this site I've seen mentioned here before: http://hairtrader.com/

But that is not an endorsement, I have no personal experience with it.

Reyesuela
March 29th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Hair trader is for ******ists. If you include action shots, you get more. I didn't. Lol. But I sold my hair there.

Laurenji
March 30th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Well, thanks for the tips everybody. I guess there's just not a lot of good information to go on. I'm assuming most "legitimate" buyers of hair probably get all the hair they need from eastern Europe / India and don't need to set up "sell your hair" websites.

Reyesuela
March 30th, 2017, 06:00 PM
The illegitimate ones pay a ton more. Just don't use your home address.