PDA

View Full Version : Health Before Length

Aunty Miki
March 28th, 2017, 11:58 PM
😭😭😭😭😭😭 Had to trim about 1-1/2" off the hem, putting me back to almost hip and behind schedule for growing to knee by ~4 months😢😭 A very few of the ends looked like tree roots, though😨 It feels better and thicker as with each trim I say bye bye to layers (created when I had old color completely cut out in January of last year). Fresh virgin hair feels so dang good! Length is about 31-1/2, now.

I tell myself that it's longer than waist and longer than 30", so I'm okay. I will not panic or get sad. I will revel in that which is healthy. It will grow and I will be okay.

megthehennahead
March 29th, 2017, 12:29 AM
I completely understand where you're coming from. I got 3" off a few months ago because my ends were so thin and damaged. It sucked at the time, but now my ends are so much healthier and thicker, so it really pays off. But I definitely had a few moments of panic the first few washes when my hair stopped much sooner than I expected.

Aunty Miki
March 29th, 2017, 12:34 AM
I knew I would wreck my mind if I took off any more in order to cut out the layers all together. I think I've formed a bond, a relationship with my longish hair. I really should give it a name. How about "Harry?"

Rebeccalaurenxx
March 29th, 2017, 12:56 AM
Meh, whats 4 months! In the scheme of things, I am sure whatever time you think you've pushed yourself back into will go unnoticed.
I would kill for your length, by the way lol

Garnetgem
March 29th, 2017, 04:10 AM
I have been known to part with length to have healthy ends..better in the long run as length catches up and when it does you have best of both worlds..health and length!

Aunty Miki
March 29th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I expect to be near knee in about 3 years, or so.

Aunty Miki
March 29th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Better make that 4 years...at least.