PDA

View Full Version : Depression and impossible hair.

Bubblebeam
March 26th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Hello. I don't really know what I'm looking for in posting this; maybe I just need to get it off my chest and know I'm not alone?

So I've struggled since childhood with depression and BDD and it's only been in recent months I've discovered the specifics as to why. Basically, I've always been VERY unhappy with my appearance and hair. I wasn't sure if it was just bad hand coordination that made me unable to do anything with my hair, or bad genes. I'd always assumed the former, but I'm realising now I just seem to fall into the worst hair type category. Going by descriptions I've read online, I'm fairly sure I have 1b/1c hair. It's flat, and it's gets oily at the drop of a hat especially if I handle or brush it at all. The flatness doesn't do any favours for my head shape, so I've always fought against it trying to achieve volume. This last week, I even purchased some hot rollers, hoping for the same wonderful results other women have. I should know by now, NOTHING works in my hair. It did curl, albeit not very much, but like with anything I try, it only lasts mere hours or even minutes if I have to step outdoors.

I could 'embrace' my hair type more if it actually suited my face/head shape, but I simply look awful with flat hair. I frequently fall into huge bouts of depression over these things. I'm 25, and still have yet to find ONE hair style I can actually do and that suits me and brings me some comfort when going out.

I don't know. I guess the moral of the story is, if you have good hair, cherish it? I am SO envious of the Youtube women who can bring you 101 flawless hairstyles of all shapes and sizes, and even make it look effortless. I can't do squat with my hair, and it brings me down more than anyone will know.

florafox
March 26th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Hey there.. Im so sorry to hear of your depression and BDD. I'm not the best at giving advice but I was told by many people in my life "everyone wants what they don't have". Not enough of us embrace what we have and I believe its due to comparing ourselves to others. I know you won't believe me but I LOVE your type of hair. My hair is dry, huge, temperamental, and doesn't have even curl pattens all over my head. I can't stand wearing it curly, I want it straight all the time by don't want a relaxer again..See what I mean? No one is perfect my dear, and we all have issue but remember we are our harshest critics... Im 25 too and I wish my hair was long enough to cover my neck. My neck has scars from childhood eczema and Its quite long haha.. I say try some volumizing products and air dry with sectioning clips at the roots! No serums unless its a lightweight finishing spray. I think lines that say bamboo usually promote volume. Id go to a store like ulta and ask some stylists for suggestions (I think a salon would be more pushy).. i hope that helps!!

ecologystudent
March 26th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Hmm, I feel you on the flatness around the head- at least once my hair reaches about shoulder length. It doesn't hold a curl, and it does get oily easily (I'm also 1b/1a). I which I could show you pictures from when I grew it out almost a decade ago, but they were lost in the meantime. I do remember liking to do dutch braids that framed my face, have you tried those?

I also have unofficial-but-I'm-pretty-sure-it's-seasonal-affective-disorder, and every winter I go through a period of time where I just can't bring myself to take care of myself, including my hair. It just sucks when you don't like anything about the way you look and don't have the energy to care.

Aredhel
March 26th, 2017, 04:26 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your depression. :( My sister and I have both struggled with body dysphoria growing up, and well into our adulthood still. There's just always something wrong with our appearance. I get it. Even if you can fix one somehow, there's always something else wrong with us.

My hair is quite similar to yours in that my scalp gets insanely oily very quickly, in the 1b-ish range, and flat. My hair can't hold a curl to save my life either, and I'm not great with updos. It wasn't until joining this forum that I've learned to do quite a bit with my hair, particularly different kinds of buns. :) I've since given up on the idea of ever curling my hair and have accepted and learned to love my hair for what it is, and I've also come to realise that a LOT of people would give anything to have hair like ours. So try to embrace it! There are a LOT of benefits to having hair like ours! One of them is that our hair type is really easy to grow out with very little maintenance. :)

Bubblebeam
March 26th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Thank you for all the understanding. I do try to remember the pros on a daily basis, not that it feels like I have any. The only thing my hair has going for it is its colour. Everything else? Terrible. While it's mostly straight, the ends curl at all angles (in other words, it's not even a nice curl) and it sort of dips in at the neck. Another annoyance is that most of the hair always falls to the front of my shoulders, even if it's long. Most of the back hair ends up at the front with the sides, which causes further issues with achieving volume. I kind of remind myself of a stereotypical cartoon witch with scraggly flat hair that looks glued to her head, which is why I try so hard to gain volume. If I suited simple, straightened long hair like some women do beautifully, heck that would be an easy routine for me, but I can't kid myself. It doesn't suit me like it would say, Jennifer Aniston, as much as I wish it did.

Again, thank you for the advice and sympathy. We can't afford much in recent years, but I have started trying olive oil in my hair 1-2 times a week. I think it may be looking a bit shinier now at least.

Reyesuela
March 26th, 2017, 05:15 PM
I have 1b hair and love it. Sure, curls are nice sometimes--when I was a kid, I was desperate for ringlets. But with proper handling, it's SO easy to manage. If you want volume, apply product to the roots and dry with it pulled back or to the opposite side you want to style it on. The new Pantene volumizing shampoo and conditioner turn me into a poof ball. :). No other shampoos or conditioners have ever made a volume difference before.

Mostly, it's skill, not "good hair."

Reyesuela
March 26th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Oh, and rag curls on damp hair work on my hair type. Heat curls DO NOT. :). Not without epic amounts of spray.

I'll let you know if I ever figure out how to French braid my slippery hair! Right now I'm playing with buns. :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
March 26th, 2017, 05:33 PM
With everything in life there are always two sides to everything. The grass is not always greener as they say.
My hair is opposite to yours. Yes, its fine but VERY poofy and lots of "volume" because of waves.
It would grow into a triangle shape and frizz out and dry up with brushing and touching.

"Good hair" is the result of learning about the specifics of what your hair likes and takes YEARS to achieve, which was something I did not realize myself at first.
My hair looks great now, no frizz or poof. Its also the longest it has ever been in my life.
No "volume" anymore with greasy bangs, but I prefer an oily look to a dry poof one.

I use to get very depressed about my hair and about my appearance.
There was one point where I cried and cried and felt like dying, because my hair would not behave and grow and I felt so UGLY.
I never got past shoulder length/collar bone, and all the girls around me had such nice hair. And coming here did not help because after a year or so, I saw very little improvement. I felt so ugly, like I would never be able to look like other girls and I would never be beautiful; or the idea of beauty that I had imagined.
But it was because I was doing things to my hair to make myself conventionally attractive with a shorter length, that I stayed at a short length.
It wasn't until I stopped "trying" so hard to fit a standard, and was nice to my hair 100%, no heat or bleaching and minimal trims.
I was trying to make myself "beautiful" at a short length, while also trying to grow at the same time and it just did not WORK.
Now? I feel much more comfortable with my hair. But it took a little over 2 years to get to this point. It takes time and comparing yourself to others, only prolongs the bad feelings we have about ourselves. It only makes things worse, we pay less attention to the accomplishments we make on our appearance, it ends up never being GOOD enough. I always have / had that fear of never being good enough. But it was because I continued to compare myself to others even as I changed and grew.
Comparisons need to stop! I force myself to not get jealous over other ladies here, I try to focus on myself and not the lengths of others.
Sometimes being on LHC would be mentally defeating, so I spent a year or two away from here. It helps a lot to just not think about others.

Currently I am dealing with weight issues because of my ED. I gained a bunch of weight because I went into recovery, I got happy and gained a lot.
I went from 108lbs to 136lbs. I feel disgusting and hate my body, and its made me DEPRESSED.
But everyone around me says:
You look so healthy now.
You look a normal weight now.
You look great.
EtcETCetc

I actually fit into clothes now. I forget how different I look from the outside in comparison to how I see myself.
And thats the thing, we have to stop comparing ourselves to others. Because as much as our own appearance can make us sad or depressed or unhappy, there are others that look at us and feel the same way about our hair or body etc etc. We all compare ourselves to others, but it needs to stop!

Hope my words were a bit of help, kind of went on a tangent because I am thinking and typing at the same time. ;o

lizardspots
March 26th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Hey, it sounds like we have very similar hair. I also have 1b fine thin hair with no volume and oily roots. I struggled with hair confidence for a long time aswell, especially with my mother constantly harping on about how thin my hair was and giving unwelcome advice about how to style my hair.

Have you considered bangs? For a long time I really disliked my hair because I tied it back in a pony tail and I have a high forehead, so from the front I looked practically bald. Having bangs has made a huge difference to what my face looks like, it was a total game changer. And it's a myth that thin haired people can't have bangs, not true!

You mentioned your hair tends to fall forward, leaving little volume at the back. This may be a problem with the length of your hair, I had this same problem too, but as my hair gained length, I am finding this less of a problem. Are you planning to grow your hair long?

FennFire911
March 26th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure what you're abbreviation BDD stands for but in this context is it body dysmorphic disorder? First, let's address that depression can and will alter your perception of yourself. You're going to have to have someone who promises to remain objective to tell you the truth about what you look like. I'm hesitant to try to give you hair advise knowing that you don't see yourself the way the rest of us would see you.
You have been given wonderful hair advise already. I only want to point out you may be over-emphasizing negatives. I hope your psychological well-being is being carefully managed by a qualified professional.
I'm not one of the hair pros on this forum. I'm only here to suggest getting healthy from the inside out in ALL aspects. And then, you can follow the wonderful hair advice you've already received and will continue to receive.
Find peace. <3

Agnieszka
March 27th, 2017, 05:18 AM
My hair situation is very similar to yours. I was keeping it natural for some time and unfortunately I did not accept the way my hair looked. Friends and family would also comment asking if I'm sick etc. That's my natural hair, flat, thin, slippery, getting greasy every other day.

So my solution for this is styling. I'm not going to grow to extreme lengths as I don't think it would suit me personally. Love it on others but it would be too much for me. My goal is to reach BSL.

I use cleansing sulphate shampoo, Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner, Wella volumising mouse and blow dry it on warm air with styling hair dryer (with big round brushed attached at the end). After that I spray little of dry shampoo. This makes my hair look "normal" and will last me at least 3 days, sometimes more.

I know that my routine is not perfect but I'm happy with my hair when I style it.

Bubblebeam
March 27th, 2017, 08:13 AM
It's comforting to hear that 1b/1c hair is apparently quite common. I'm actually satisfied with my hair care system as far as shampoo/conditioner. My system this last month has been to put olive oil in the hair (barring the roots) about once a week (out of two weekly hair washes). The times I do this, I do an extra shampoo in the shower with Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo, then my usual Tresemme volume and lift shampoo (looks like this may have to change though as I can no longer find it at the store). Conditioner of choice has recently changed to Fructis Growstrong (again avoiding roots due to the oily nature of my scalp). I'm happy with this system but could definitely use some tips on things to apply once dry. I find almost anything accelerates the rate of oily hair however, even though I always avoid the scalp.

Bearing in mind I live in Australia and often times American products aren't available here.

reilly0167
March 27th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Hello. I don't really know what I'm looking for in posting this; maybe I just need to get it off my chest and know I'm not alone?

So I've struggled since childhood with depression and BDD and it's only been in recent months I've discovered the specifics as to why. Basically, I've always been VERY unhappy with my appearance and hair. I wasn't sure if it was just bad hand coordination that made me unable to do anything with my hair, or bad genes. I'd always assumed the former, but I'm realising now I just seem to fall into the worst hair type category. Going by descriptions I've read online, I'm fairly sure I have 1b/1c hair. It's flat, and it's gets oily at the drop of a hat especially if I handle or brush it at all. The flatness doesn't do any favours for my head shape, so I've always fought against it trying to achieve volume. This last week, I even purchased some hot rollers, hoping for the same wonderful results other women have. I should know by now, NOTHING works in my hair. It did curl, albeit not very much, but like with anything I try, it only lasts mere hours or even minutes if I have to step outdoors.

I could 'embrace' my hair type more if it actually suited my face/head shape, but I simply look awful with flat hair. I frequently fall into huge bouts of depression over these things. I'm 25, and still have yet to find ONE hair style I can actually do and that suits me and brings me some comfort when going out.

I don't know. I guess the moral of the story is, if you have good hair, cherish it? I am SO envious of the Youtube women who can bring you 101 flawless hairstyles of all shapes and sizes, and even make it look effortless. I can't do squat with my hair, and it brings me down more than anyone will know.
I'm sorry for the struggles you going through. I see you are a new member here ( welcome:)) so I guess you are starting your hair journey with us. One day at a time I say, and being here you will get so much information and support and you will find others with similar issues as yours, we all in this together:) and as far as YouTube, most girls use extensions to get that full effect, so keep that in mind. It takes practice to get it right and I'm sure the girls practice before filming the tutorial so of course they will get it right for what it seems to be a first try. I myself practice and practice.... And if I get frustrated I just step away for a bit and try again. So, please don't be so hard on yourself, you be fine, bright blessings to you.

lizardspots
March 27th, 2017, 05:20 PM
It's comforting to hear that 1b/1c hair is apparently quite common. I'm actually satisfied with my hair care system as far as shampoo/conditioner. My system this last month has been to put olive oil in the hair (barring the roots) about once a week (out of two weekly hair washes). The times I do this, I do an extra shampoo in the shower with Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo, then my usual Tresemme volume and lift shampoo (looks like this may have to change though as I can no longer find it at the store). Conditioner of choice has recently changed to Fructis Growstrong (again avoiding roots due to the oily nature of my scalp). I'm happy with this system but could definitely use some tips on things to apply once dry. I find almost anything accelerates the rate of oily hair however, even though I always avoid the scalp.

Bearing in mind I live in Australia and often times American products aren't available here.

Fellow Aussie here! Well actually, British expat, but I married an Aussie and have no intention of going back so as good as. xD I posted earlier, suggesting you have a think about bangs (if you think you'd like them). For oily scalp issues, I highly recommend dry shampoo to soak up the oil. I used to keep a little travel size can of it in my bag, for touch-ups during the day. I like Batiste, it smells flowery. :)

Bubblebeam
March 27th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Fellow Aussie here! Well actually, British expat, but I married an Aussie and have no intention of going back so as good as. xD I posted earlier, suggesting you have a think about bangs (if you think you'd like them). For oily scalp issues, I highly recommend dry shampoo to soak up the oil. I used to keep a little travel size can of it in my bag, for touch-ups during the day. I like Batiste, it smells flowery. :)

I'm British too and moved here and married, 4 years ago now. What a coincidence! :) The sub tropical climate we live in certainly doesn't do any favours for hair. 100% humidity isn't uncommon here and I CAN'T STAND IT. Thankfully we're coming into autumn though, so I can stop feeling like a tomboy and actually do things with my hair and face again.

I do love having a fringe, and would certainly go back to having one if I didn't have to wear glasses. They just spoil the look IMO, and you can ask my husband how much I despise needing them. You are totally right about how they compliment a face though, especially if curled and lifted a bit.

I'm sorry for the struggles you going through. I see you are a new member here ( welcome) so I guess you are starting your hair journey with us. One day at a time I say, and being here you will get so much information and support and you will find others with similar issues as yours, we all in this together and as far as YouTube, most girls use extensions to get that full effect, so keep that in mind. It takes practice to get it right and I'm sure the girls practice before filming the tutorial so of course they will get it right for what it seems to be a first try. I myself practice and practice.... And if I get frustrated I just step away for a bit and try again. So, please don't be so hard on yourself, you be fine, bright blessings to you.

Thank you! I was actually afraid people here might be a little narcissistic or look down on people without perfect hair, but everyone has been lovely. :)

Ophidian
March 27th, 2017, 07:18 PM
...I was actually afraid people here might be a little narcissistic or look down on people without perfect hair, but everyone has been lovely. :)

I've found that by and large the mentality here is learn how you can work the best with what you have. I started hanging around LHC when I was trying to grow out a shaggy DIY undercut-turned-sort-of-pixie. Almost a year later it's somewhere between collarbone and APL, still kind of shaggy, but it's healthy and I've learned to appreciate its quirks more.

:grouphug:

Chromis
March 27th, 2017, 07:19 PM
I think "flat" is just a thing for those of us with hair that is mostly straight. I don't really get why this is considered a bad thing personally. I like my flat hair! Makes it much easier if I want a sleek looking style and it is very easy to put up. I don't really know what it would be doing if it were not flat. Singing and dancing? (Probably, pretty sure that is what my frizz is doing when I don't sleek it down, "Hello my baby, hello my darling...")

There are pluses and minuses to every hair type. Sounds like you don't have a lot of danger of breaking hair toys for another!

If you cruise around on the forums, you will see lots of suggestions for adding volume on top, like little accent braids, changing your parting, and lots more if you are not convinced that flat is awesome :flower:

Reyesuela
March 27th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Try air-dry most of the way and then drying it the rest of the way in 4 high, tightly twisted buns.

I'm a curly bushy-haired girl when I do that.

Bubblebeam
March 27th, 2017, 07:32 PM
I think "flat" is just a thing for those of us with hair that is mostly straight. I don't really get why this is considered a bad thing personally. I like my flat hair! Makes it much easier if I want a sleek looking style and it is very easy to put up. I don't really know what it would be doing if it were not flat. Singing and dancing? (Probably, pretty sure that is what my frizz is doing when I don't sleek it down, "Hello my baby, hello my darling...")

There are pluses and minuses to every hair type. Sounds like you don't have a lot of danger of breaking hair toys for another!

If you cruise around on the forums, you will see lots of suggestions for adding volume on top, like little accent braids, changing your parting, and lots more if you are not convinced that flat is awesome :flower:

As I said in one of my posts, I'd be satisfied with my hair so much more if it actually suited my face/head shape. Some women can have absolutely no volume and pencil straight hair and it looks great on them, but unfortunately I'm not blessed that way. Volume suits me more, which I've been told time and again by people.

Reyesuela
March 27th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Thank you! I was actually afraid people here might be a little narcissistic or look down on people without perfect hair, but everyone has been lovely. :)

Not perfect according to whom? Lol. Plenty of people get hair envy. But sleek hair can be perfect too.

Bubblebeam
March 27th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Try air-dry most of the way and then drying it the rest of the way in 4 high, tightly twisted buns.

I'm a curly bushy-haired girl when I do that.

That's an idea; might try it. On a good note, I tried using my hot rollers again today but using styling spray on each section before rolling. Makes quite a difference, and hopefully I'll only get better as I learn to roll properly (still struggling with tucking in the ends as I roll, but I heard using the handle of a rat tail comb helps with that).

Chromis
March 27th, 2017, 07:54 PM
As I said in one of my posts, I'd be satisfied with my hair so much more if it actually suited my face/head shape. Some women can have absolutely no volume and pencil straight hair and it looks great on them, but unfortunately I'm not blessed that way. Volume suits me more, which I've been told time and again by people.

If you have people randomly telling you your hair needs more volume, those people are out of line! (And if they are hairdressers, they are just trying to sell you more expensive styling)

lizardspots
March 28th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I'm British too and moved here and married, 4 years ago now. What a coincidence! :) The sub tropical climate we live in certainly doesn't do any favours for hair. 100% humidity isn't uncommon here and I CAN'T STAND IT. Thankfully we're coming into autumn though, so I can stop feeling like a tomboy and actually do things with my hair and face again.

I do love having a fringe, and would certainly go back to having one if I didn't have to wear glasses. They just spoil the look IMO, and you can ask my husband how much I despise needing them. You are totally right about how they compliment a face though, especially if curled and lifted a bit.

As a former glasses wearer, I personally always had a fringe (so happy to say fringe, I always default to bangs to not confuse the non-Brits, maybe I should stop that!) and I liked the look, kind of hipster geek xD I no longer wear glasses (*whispers* laser eye surgery) but I think anyone can rock a fringe with glasses. :flower: If you are curious about laser eye surgery though, you're welcome to ask me privately. I didn't particularly mind wearing glasses, but it was a graduation present from my parents (otherwise I would have never forked out the money to do it...) but it's been wonderful going glasses-free.

I don't envy your sub tropical climate, urgh. I live in blessedly dry Canberra. My skin & hair have never been so happy.

Saproxylic
March 29th, 2017, 05:14 AM
If you are not happy with your head shape, strategically placed little poufed twists do wonders! Youtuber Lilly Jarlsson has a similar hair type to you and me, and she does amazing updos with lots of twists and poufs! And washing often isn't that bad actually, if you don't like greasy roots (Ok, I think no one actively likes them , but I don't find them particularly bothersome, I just slick back and bun)

Bubblebeam
March 29th, 2017, 02:17 PM
As a former glasses wearer, I personally always had a fringe (so happy to say fringe, I always default to bangs to not confuse the non-Brits, maybe I should stop that!) and I liked the look, kind of hipster geek xD I no longer wear glasses (*whispers* laser eye surgery) but I think anyone can rock a fringe with glasses. :flower: If you are curious about laser eye surgery though, you're welcome to ask me privately. I didn't particularly mind wearing glasses, but it was a graduation present from my parents (otherwise I would have never forked out the money to do it...) but it's been wonderful going glasses-free.

I don't envy your sub tropical climate, urgh. I live in blessedly dry Canberra. My skin & hair have never been so happy.

Oh, you had laser surgery?! I'm so jealous. I've wanted that for years and still hope to have it one day; that is, if I'm even eligable. I know not all eye conditions or stages of them can be reversed, so fingers crossed I guess. I'd love to hear anything you think I should know.

Oh, I wasn't talking of glasses and fringes not suiting anyone. Just me. I'm aware everyones incredibly unique and face/head shape defines a lot, so some people can rock glasses and a fringe together. :)

If you are not happy with your head shape, strategically placed little poufed twists do wonders! Youtuber Lilly Jarlsson has a similar hair type to you and me, and she does amazing updos with lots of twists and poufs! And washing often isn't that bad actually, if you don't like greasy roots (Ok, I think no one actively likes them , but I don't find them particularly bothersome, I just slick back and bun)

I love Lilly Jarlsson! How funny you know of her, considering she's not very well known (yet anyway) on Youtube. It was her that actually persuaded me to start trying olive oil, as her hair seems quite similar to mine in some ways (more curl-able, but thin and fine) Also, it was vintage girls like her and MissBeeTown that got me trying hot rollers. From them I've really been realising how different hair can be. MissBeeTown, once her rollers were out, could brush out her hair and retain the curls so much better than mine ever can. Short of chemically changing my hair permanently with perming, my hair doesn't hold a curl too well. So now I'm trying finger combing. It's been SUPER humid here as we're getting hit by the tail of cyclone Debbie, so I'm holding off using the hot rollers again until it dries up a bit. This forum and my husband has been really motivating. I would have quit ages ago normally. :)

Reyesuela
March 29th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I have a small forehead and fringe looks fine but drives me batty.

lizardspots
March 30th, 2017, 12:24 AM
Oh, you had laser surgery?! I'm so jealous. I've wanted that for years and still hope to have it one day; that is, if I'm even eligable. I know not all eye conditions or stages of them can be reversed, so fingers crossed I guess. I'd love to hear anything you think I should know.
Oh, I wasn't talking of glasses and fringes not suiting anyone. Just me. I'm aware everyones incredibly unique and face/head shape defines a lot, so some people can rock glasses and a fringe together.

I had mine done with a UK company called Optical Express and they were great. I had short sightedness of different degrees in both eyes, and astigmatism and profoundly dry eyes. Other than the price, the most annoying part was dealing with dry eyes pre-op. I had to use these slick oily eye drops literally every hour for nearly 3 weeks til they were satisfied with the state of my cornea. The op itself was quite brief, slightly uncomfortable, and then a bit more discomfort a few hours later, then I woke up and had perfect vision :D It was magical. I think it's worthwhile going for a consultation, getting an idea of price if you're serious about it?

Keep safe with Cyclone Debbie! :shudder:

Reyesuela
March 30th, 2017, 12:27 AM
I'm terrified of complications. Losing my sight is one of my greatest fears. It runs in the family. I don't want to risk anything that might have complications. That said, my father did it and is very happy.

lizardspots
March 30th, 2017, 01:05 AM
I was also extremely nervous, and it took a lot of encouragement from my parents to go ahead and do it. But I'm super happy with the result. 6 years on, and no complications or deterioration in sight.

But don't feel pressured to do it, whatever you feel comfortable with. :flower:

I'm terrified of complications. Losing my sight is one of my greatest fears. It runs in the family. I don't want to risk anything that might have complications. That said, my father did it and is very happy.

Reyesuela
March 30th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Not pressured. Making conversation. ;). I am so sick I'm haunting forums instead of being productive.

My eyesight is bad enough that I need my glasses for driving and TV, but I often don't wear them at home. So it's not that big of a deal for me to wear them. Once I need reading glasses too my priorities might shift!!!

*Wednesday*
March 30th, 2017, 12:33 PM
You should see some of the Victoria Secret models when their hair is not done up. It is not perfect.

Believe half of what you see.

Bubblebeam
March 30th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Eyedrops do terrify me. I've always jumped 10 foot in the air the few times I have had to have them. Lol, I can't even control it, it's just a reflex when the drop hits the eye. I see my husband use them for his eyes all quick and nonchalant and I'm like 'WTH how do you do that?'. However I do want my eyes corrected THAT badly that I'd go through with it. I'm 26 and have the vision of an elderly grandma, or not far off. It worries me constantly where I'll end up if I'm this bad at just 26. I can't even read the laptop anymore without glasses, and heck a laptop only sits 40cm away or whatever.

Cyclone Debbie downgraded to a regular storm about 24 hours ago, we're just experiencing the remnants of it really. It's been raining nonstop for one and a half days now. Humidity is disgusting. All tiled flooring becomes sticky when it's that high. Can't wait to move away from here. We're hoping for Tasmania. The climate sounds way more forgiving for a British person like me. ;)