PDA

View Full Version : Slower Hair Growth At The Forehead Area?

Winterwitch
March 26th, 2017, 03:01 AM
I always though the hair that surrounded my face only seemed to grow slower because it was more prone to getting in my way and thus the ends were snapping.
But today I decided to measure my hair growth (my natural color against dyed hair.)
Pulling a chunk from the middle of my head, I measured 9". Pulling down the hair from my forehead (the bang/fringe area) it was just shy of 8". (And it's only been 14 months! Very happy!)
What I found especially interesting was, back when I made an effort to grow my hair by massaging it with castor+peppermint oil, I would get it most concentrated around my forehead and would have a harder time saturating the other areas, where the hair ended up growing in faster!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Reyesuela
March 26th, 2017, 03:07 AM
Everyone's hair does this. :)

lapushka
March 26th, 2017, 03:32 AM
Yes check out this wispy hair thread, then revisit what you wrote and see if it's those hairs you're talking about?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555

_fred_
March 26th, 2017, 04:32 AM
I always though the hair that surrounded my face only seemed to grow slower because it was more prone to getting in my way and thus the ends were snapping.
But today I decided to measure my hair growth (my natural color against dyed hair.)
Pulling a chunk from the middle of my head, I measured 9". Pulling down the hair from my forehead (the bang/fringe area) it was just shy of 8". (And it's only been 14 months! Very happy!)
What I found especially interesting was, back when I made an effort to grow my hair by massaging it with castor+peppermint oil, I would get it most concentrated around my forehead and would have a harder time saturating the other areas, where the hair ended up growing in faster!

Has anyone else noticed this?

I was going to ask a similar question. I was getting a bit down about my growth rate, measuring the hair on top of my head, but then I noticed the other day that the hair underneath is growing way faster. The hair right at the front, which kinda makes up my fringe, is a few cm shorter than the rest, even though I've been growing out from jaw since October and haven't cut the front any shorter.

It's so weird how I got to my 30s without realising hair on different parts of my head grow at different speeds. Cool to know though.

Mrstran
March 26th, 2017, 11:37 AM
I think that is normal. I have it extreme I think. From pretty much the top of my ears up, all of the hair above that line grows less than 1 cm a month. My estimate is around 1/2 cm :(
This was discovered very recently. Below that area I'm actually growing normal at 1 cm. So thankful for that.

pandabarrier
May 26th, 2017, 07:54 PM
I don't know why but my bangs grew much slower this month (~1 cm), compared to previous months (+6 months). I haven't trimmed bangs in four weeks, when usually I have to trim every two weeks. But my longest hair strands seem to be growing at normal rate, going by body markers (my hip bone).

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 26th, 2017, 08:28 PM
The hair around my hairline is thinner and grows slower in general and its VERY fine, so i think that has something to do with it. The hairline is that way for many though.