PDA

View Full Version : Mixing monistat with oil or water?

Mlarmour
March 25th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Having read on here all about monistat and how miconazole helps with growing hair. I've bought daktarian - that's the brand I could get here in the uk but I believe its the same as monistat. I'm not sure if I should apply it straight or mix it with oil/water. Or what sort of oil is best to use?

Islandgrrl
March 25th, 2017, 06:31 PM
In the past when I've used it I always mixed it with a bit of warm water to think it to the consistency of a rich conditioner and pulled it up in a syringe (no needle!!!!) so I could apply it directly to my scalp without getting it all over the place.

Obsidian
March 25th, 2017, 06:54 PM
I mixed it with water in a squeeze bottle, was easy to apply like that.

Messyhair
March 25th, 2017, 07:25 PM
I used to apply it with oil, though I can't remember what kind. It was most likely mineral oil that I was trying to use up. I would like to try using water, though!

Mlarmour
March 25th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Thanks, I'll try it with water tonight and oil for the next application - feeling too lazy to heat up my coconut oil. How long did you leave it on for? I'm thinking of doing it before bed and leaving on until the morning.

Obsidian
March 25th, 2017, 07:32 PM
I left in on overnight but I seem to remember reading that it needs to stay on at least 4 hours. I don't think I'd like it in oil, its bit oily anyways and creeps down the hair shaft bad enough as is.