PDA

View Full Version : I had a shed without realizing , and now I don't know what to do?

Andthetalltrees
March 25th, 2017, 01:36 PM
I've been wearing my hair up in claw clip buns a lot lately and I've noticed a large amount these short but growing pieces all along the canopy of my hair. At first I thought it was damage but now I'm starting to think I had a shed and didn't realize it at the time. Because I wasn't taking very good care of myself I was very depressed, Didn't eat much, Lost a lot of weight about a year to two years ago(which I think lines up with how long they are) and my pony tail circumference is almost an inch smaller then it use to be :(. I'm doing better now and taking better care of my hair now too, But I've never had to deal with a shed like this before. I haven't trimmed my hair in right around a year now, Do I start trimming to help the regrowth catch up? Or do I just let it be for now and worry about it at a longer length or when my ends get too thin? the regrowth around my face is the most annoying, It looks like I have very uneven bangs growing out(It goes anywhere from eyebrow length to nose length and spans nearly my whole hair line :rolleyes:). I usually slick that back with gel for the moment.

I don't know, I guess I just wanted a place to commiserate. In some ways having thinner hair was helpful(My normal circ is around 5" and now it's closer to 4") but I know that it regrowing is a sign I'm taking better care of myself again. It's just really annoying to deal with now

Tawny1992
March 25th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Hi, sorry to hear that things haven't been great but glad that all seems on the mend. Personally, I've avoided cutting after a shed in the past and instead used serums and lightweight oils to keep the unruly new growth under control.

pandabarrier
March 25th, 2017, 03:47 PM
I second avoiding the cut and using serum or lightweight oil to keep new hair under control. Your new growth will eventually catch up with the rest of your hair!
I was wondering myself why my braid thickness drops immensely BSL and MBL. I'm growing out layers, but come to think of it, three years ago I was experiencing a lot of stress at work and eventually switched jobs. I did have major shed around that time, without realizing. So I wouldn't know if I didn't read your post!

lapushka
March 25th, 2017, 04:00 PM
If your ponytail circumference went down by an inch, that is a lot.

Get your diet back on track, that is the best thing you can do; take care of yourself. No neglecting yourself, if at all possible (you do what you can). :flower:

In this case wispy ends are a bit different from regrowth, and with a diminished ponytail circumference, this is definitely regrowth, and not just the "normal" wispy hairs that everyone gets.