PDA

View Full Version : Growing out dark hendigo gracefully>

LillithTheFirst
March 24th, 2017, 05:55 PM
I have BCL hair currently. I have many layers of henna and indigo. Have done. Double processing to get black hair ND now it's kind of a very dark brown. I decided to switch to conventional dyes again cause it was easier. I've decided I want to transition back to my neutral colour which is around a level 5 brown.
i experienced with bleaching balls of saved hair to bring it down a level and it kind of worked but I honestly don't trust it for whole hair to get an even development, then the resulting damage.
ive decided to progressive;y dye my roots lighter over time so it fades a bit more gracefully from the extreme contrast between a level 1/2 - level 5. My question is has anyone used this method to transition away from hendigo or black hair? most methods I've seen are bleaching it all or just growing out cold turkey.
photos would be appreciated. :)

youngtundra
March 24th, 2017, 06:11 PM
I have BCL hair currently. I have many layers of henna and indigo. Have done. Double processing to get black hair ND now it's kind of a very dark brown. I decided to switch to conventional dyes again cause it was easier. I've decided I want to transition back to my neutral colour which is around a level 5 brown.
i experienced with bleaching balls of saved hair to bring it down a level and it kind of worked but I honestly don't trust it for whole hair to get an even development, then the resulting damage.
ive decided to progressive;y dye my roots lighter over time so it fades a bit more gracefully from the extreme contrast between a level 1/2 - level 5. My question is has anyone used this method to transition away from hendigo or black hair? most methods I've seen are bleaching it all or just growing out cold turkey.
photos would be appreciated. :)

I haven't tried lightening my henna, but I know some have had success using Sun-In.

hayheadsbird
March 25th, 2017, 12:14 AM
There's s massive thread about colour removal using colour oops as well. Might have some useful info for you :)