PDA

View Full Version : "Always respect the braid" -- super long haired woman

Neoma
March 24th, 2017, 05:41 PM
https://www.littlethings.com/long-hair-rapunzel/?utm_source=fbsp2&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=19-D-23377

Ophidian
March 24th, 2017, 06:06 PM
"The braid is like a family member. Sometimes I ask it to move... if it wants to" :rolling:

emptyque
March 25th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Wow, I love her braided bun.

Estrid
March 25th, 2017, 07:46 AM
How odd! I watched a video on youtube about her just yesterday :redgrin: She has amazing hair

yamsha23
March 25th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Her husband is so funny :razz:
And what a beautiful girl, besides the hair :heartbeat

Savvyhorsez
March 25th, 2017, 08:58 AM
I got a negative vibe from the video, like they are putting long haired folks down because it takes so much time to care for it. I'll bet a lot more short haired women take longer to get ready to go out, (Makeup, etc.) than it does her. My hair is quite long, but it doesn't take but 30 minutes to wash, and dry it, other family members of mine however have short hair, and it takes them all day for it to dry! Just depends on the type I guess, sorry to get sort of off topic, just had to make a point that long hair isn't as much as a burden as that video clip makes it seem to be.

truepeacenik
March 25th, 2017, 01:12 PM
I got a negative vibe from the video, like they are putting long haired folks down because it takes so much time to care for it. I'll bet a lot more short haired women take longer to get ready to go out, (Makeup, etc.) than it does her. My hair is quite long, but it doesn't take but 30 minutes to wash, and dry it, other family members of mine however have short hair, and it takes them all day for it to dry! Just depends on the type I guess, sorry to get sort of off topic, just had to make a point that long hair isn't as much as a burden as that video clip makes it seem to be.

I think that "to dry" means different things. I'll go out with a damp bun, as it's simply sleek in a product-free way, visually.
Sure, I take some time to loosen it and air it when I can. Such as driving to work with it down to let some dry a bit before bunning.

My take on the video is an objectification of the woman, or creating another entity out of the woman's hair. I'm hoping it's clunky translation.

Beatnik Guy
March 25th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Here's the original report, which has since been syndicated by media in various parts of the world.
http://www.barcroft.tv/real-life-rapunzel-long-hair-princess-latvia