PDA

View Full Version : I'm back to growing

Estrid
March 24th, 2017, 04:11 AM
Some might have seen me already in a few threads, others might sigh when they see this, but I'm back :bluebiggr

I've had short hair for about half a year now and have decided to grow it out again. I have no idea how long I want it but I had forgotten how annoying short hair was. It was fun and nice, but now I'm over it.

I know I came to the conclusion that I didn't like my waist long hair before I cut it, but I think that might have had more reasons than me just not fitting in the length. I know I don't look my best in long hair, but I liked being able to do buns. I will take it much slower this time, trim away the layers and bangs before it gets long and then do regular trims. I also think I will experiment a bit more this time with products, to try make my hair appear less frizzy and more smooth (?). We'll see how that goes.

Here is my hair now, touching the shoulders (not natural texture + I think the camera couldn't handle my sun-hair very well).

http://i.imgur.com/v5u4lXI.jpg?2

I will probably let my hair get a bit longer before I start trimming to make it easier for me.

Good to be back!

lucid
March 24th, 2017, 06:31 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, both color and texture! It looks really healthy as well.

I think your layers look good, so it could be an option just growing your hair with layers and let it naturally fairytale? This is of course entirely your choice, what's importaint is that you are happy and feel good about your hair :)

You have a lot to choose from if you ever feel unhappy about it again - blunt cut, layers, fairytaling ++ they all really suite your hairtype.

lapushka
March 24th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Some might have seen me already in a few threads, others might sigh when they see this, but I'm back :bluebiggr

I've had short hair for about half a year now and have decided to grow it out again. I have no idea how long I want it but I had forgotten how annoying short hair was. It was fun and nice, but now I'm over it.

I know I came to the conclusion that I didn't like my waist long hair before I cut it, but I think that might have had more reasons than me just not fitting in the length. I know I don't look my best in long hair, but I liked being able to do buns. I will take it much slower this time, trim away the layers and bangs before it gets long and then do regular trims. I also think I will experiment a bit more this time with products, to try make my hair appear less frizzy and more smooth (?). We'll see how that goes.

Here is my hair now, touching the shoulders (not natural texture + I think the camera couldn't handle my sun-hair very well).

http://i.imgur.com/v5u4lXI.jpg?2

I will probably let my hair get a bit longer before I start trimming to make it easier for me.

Good to be back!

I was about to say that looks like more than 2a to me, but then I read that, and that explains it.

Looks really pretty! Suits you too.

Anyway, happy growing!!! :D

spidermom
March 24th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Wow - you have really great hair. Short, long, and in-between; you can't go wrong.

Aredhel
March 24th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I'll echo what everyone else has said - your short hair looks so lovely! It's going to look gorgeous when longer too. :)

pili
March 24th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Very pretty hair! I think it will look great regardless of how you grow it out. Happy growing, and welcome back!

tigress86
March 24th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Happy growing!

How did you get this texture though? It's really pretty.

PJ-Sander
March 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I understand exactly how you feel. I had cut my BSL hair last fall to about collar length, and got it trimmed last month. Like you, I just decided this week to start growing again. So here's to happy growing to us both!

Groovy Granny
March 24th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Welcome back :cheer:

You are so blessed cute...and your hair is so pretty; you can wear any length/style and look good :thumbsup:

Whatever makes YOU happy...go for it :flowers:

lithostoic
March 24th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

Agnieszka
March 24th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Stunning colour and I love your hairstyle. Beautiful.

Estrid
March 24th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, both color and texture! It looks really healthy as well.

I think your layers look good, so it could be an option just growing your hair with layers and let it naturally fairytale? This is of course entirely your choice, what's importaint is that you are happy and feel good about your hair :)

You have a lot to choose from if you ever feel unhappy about it again - blunt cut, layers, fairytaling ++ they all really suite your hairtype.

Thank you! :o
I do like layers, but last time I grew them all out and didn't trim them away the splits ended up going all over the bottom 20 cm of my hair, I got really unhappy looking at it. I won't mind letting it all grow in different phases when it's slightly longer and I can protect it, but till then I'd like to keep it easy :)

I was about to say that looks like more than 2a to me, but then I read that, and that explains it.

Looks really pretty! Suits you too.

Anyway, happy growing!!! :D

Thank you! Glad to be back.
My hair is 2a, not a very fancy version of 2a and it does not look this great at this length without some help sadly x) I'm more of a... big wave 2a, not that visible till it's longer (only awkward).

Happy growing!

How did you get this texture though? It's really pretty.

I did two very slappy french pig...braids( I don't remember what they're called, haha) when my hair was almost dry after washing it.

I understand exactly how you feel. I had cut my BSL hair last fall to about collar length, and got it trimmed last month. Like you, I just decided this week to start growing again. So here's to happy growing to us both!

Happy growing indeed! :toast:

And thank you to all you others, Agnieszka, lithostoic, Groovy Granny, pili, Aredhel and spidermom! I have missed the feeling of this community even though I never completely left. I'm looking forward to being a part of it again :o
I can't really do anything with my hair at this length, only claw clips and hair bands, but soon enough I should be able to do a french twist again.

Estrid
March 25th, 2017, 07:29 AM
I'm happy I decided to save the hair toys I used the most, will see if I start collecting them again or if i will be a bit more reasonable this time around :redgrin:

Arctic
March 25th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is stunning in the sun!

-Fern
March 25th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Welcome back, Margo! Your hair looks lovely at every length. :D

Estrid
March 25th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Thank you :cool:

Platzhalter
March 26th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Good to see you again :)