PDA

View Full Version : Breakage?

janjan831
March 23rd, 2017, 07:58 PM
Hello, I'm sorta new. I posted something a long time ago but forgot about this website for a while. Anyways, my hair is dirty blonde and fine/medium-ish, but I have very little hair. I've always had these curly wisps of hair that stick up, which are especially visible right after I wash my hair. Most of it is at the midshaft. I'm not exactly sure why I have that, since my hair is pretty easy to comb through and I generally never use heat (although I used to blow dry my hair on the hot setting everytime I washed my hair when I was little) I never pick up my hair either, it's down like 90% of the time. Is there any way to fix this?

pamrlyn
March 23rd, 2017, 08:09 PM
Hi Jan

There are all kinds of reasons that hairs might want to stick out. My head of hair might have all of them. maybe curls that haven't clumped together nicely - -See the curly Girl method to dry your hair.

Dry flyaways from static? or just fine new growth that flies away... try a drop of oil or serum, or even a tiny bit of lotion rub into your palms then lightly brush the flyaways down towards your head.

Coarse wiry hairs that proudly announce themselves when springing up from your scalp? same as above - but try some gel instead or in addition. probably won't really help, but you'll feel like you've done something. :D

Good luck!

lapushka
March 24th, 2017, 10:54 AM
You might want to check out this thread. Is it like this? Then *everybody* has these, and it's normal in every normal hair growing cycle.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555