PDA

View Full Version : Back to 'cones and loving it, but how do I make my ends soft?

ArtificiallyRed
March 20th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Hi all!

This is the first wash I've done in about 3 years with 'cone conditioner and sls shampoo. It's safe to say, my hair feels so much less tangled and more managable, as well as less greasy on my scalp.

The only problem is that my ends still don't feel soft. They feel smoother than they were before switching back to 'cones, but not the silky soft that I dream of. They are not damaged, bent or split either.

At the moment I'm using Superdrug Pro Vitamin Shine with Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner (like a knock off of Pantene) on my mid-lengths to ends and still using my Nizoral knock off on my scalp.

Can anyone help me out?

Ophidian
March 20th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Have you tried oiling them?

Dark40
March 20th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Have you tried deep moisturizing conditioning treatments?

likelikepenny
March 20th, 2017, 08:16 PM
WCC and ROO works for me. My first C is cone free and my second C is coney while the oil rinsing helps to seal all that moisture in further.

Rebeccalaurenxx
March 20th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Have you thought about using a cone serum as well? Maybe not just using conditioners with cones and SLS more frequently but using something to seal moisture in. I use a SLS free shampoo along with a cone conditioner and a cone serum, but every once in awhile I switch to a cone free conditioner. The only thing that stays regularly is the serum. My hair does not seem to like oil much so I use conventional leave in products. Also, when was the last time you chelated?

lapushka
March 21st, 2017, 05:16 AM
Try the LOC method for styling just on the very ends (leave-in, serum mainly, no need to use the gel/heavy cream bit). That should help. The LOC method is more explained in the link in my signature should you want some background on the whole thing.

ArtificiallyRed
March 21st, 2017, 01:02 PM
Thank you everyone for the responses!

Whenever I put oil on my hair, it always seems to either be too much or it doesn't 'stick'. So I think LOC with a coney serum will be great for that.
I'm also going to try WCC with 1 cone free conditioner and 1 coney conditioner to see if I can boost the moisture that way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the cone free conditioner? Preferably Shea and protein free!

Obsidian
March 21st, 2017, 01:15 PM
I like tresemme perfectly undone for cone free https://www.tresemme.com/us/en/products/conditioner/perfectly-(un)done-conditioner.html

Hay_jules
March 21st, 2017, 02:27 PM
I like tresemme perfectly undone for cone free https://www.tresemme.com/us/en/products/conditioner/perfectly-(un)done-conditioner.html

Ditto. This was a game changer for me. I use it as the first conditioner and also watered down as a leave in and i have some mixed with water in a spritz bottle for refreshes on non-wash days.

ArtificiallyRed
March 21st, 2017, 02:37 PM

I've have some L'Oreal EverCreme condish left that I'll use up, I remember enjoying that Tresemme one so I'll try it again. Thank you :)