PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying shampoo - is it ok

Sarahlabyrinth
March 20th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Is it ok to use a clarifying shampoo as a normal shampoo (Diluted on roots only with suds running down the length)? Just wondering as I have a rather large bottle...

Anje
March 20th, 2017, 02:13 PM
I'd think so, especially if you're diluting it.

ExpectoPatronum
March 20th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Agreeing with Anje. Of course, if you feel like it's too drying you can always stop for a period of time. CWCing would help combat any potential dryness too.

lapushka
March 20th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Sure, why not, especially if you dilute it, and especially if you seldomly wash your hair (like once a week or so).

If you are in doubt, either dilute it or switch it up with another shampoo that is perhaps a little "milder".

Sarahlabyrinth
March 20th, 2017, 02:20 PM
OK, thanks :D :flowers:

Dark40
March 20th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I would think so too. Now, if you feel that it's getting dry then stop for awhile, and only clarify once a month.

Hay_jules
March 21st, 2017, 09:20 AM
I'll use a clarifying shampoo as a daily shampoo when I'm trying to fade my dye. I don't even dilute it much (nickel size dollop in my palm, enough hot shower spray to make it workable, 3x, one per side and one for nape/crown). As long as i double condition it doesn't adversely affect my hair. I don't notice increased dryness unless i try to do multiple washes or leave it in past 20 minutes (both things I occasionally do to speed the fade) and i do work it through my ends quite well, again for fading purposes.

sarahthegemini
March 21st, 2017, 10:02 AM
Why wouldn't it be...Just use a richer conditioner if it's too drying.

vampyyri
March 21st, 2017, 10:13 AM
All I use is clarifying shampoo (queen of grease here), I just use rich cone free conditioners to set off the dryness.