PDA

View Full Version : Think my hair is long enough to safely say I'm not a 1a-b?

Eas693
March 19th, 2017, 09:24 PM
Used to think I was a 1b (maybeeee 1a) as my hair grows in surprised by my waviness? What do you think? Will it go away as my hair grows?https://i.imgur.com/3PtuThr.jpg

draysmir
March 19th, 2017, 11:09 PM
It looks similar to my hair when it was your length. When my hair was around BSL, it looked around 1c-2a (couldn't properly see enough of the waves to determine how wavy it actually was with shorter lengths). Your hair might not end up getting more wave, but there is definitely a chance more wave will show up the longer it gets. In my opinion, your hair is not close to 1a, I'm guessing it will look around 1c when its longer, but it may not too!

Borgessa
March 20th, 2017, 02:39 AM
I'm clueless, but just wanted to chime in, and say how cute he hair is, a lovely wave :o

lapushka
March 20th, 2017, 04:54 AM
That is still too early to tell. It might still be 1b/1c, or more (but for that you need at least APL because 2 type waves need lots of length). 1a for sure it is *not*.

Borgessa
March 20th, 2017, 05:44 AM
That is still too early to tell. It might still be 1b/1c, or more (but for that you need at least APL because 2 type waves need lots of length). 1a for sure it is *not*.
Your always so wise :crush:

lizardspots
March 20th, 2017, 05:47 AM
I think you need more length to be able to tell. I have solidly 1B hair, but the wispies around my face tend to have a bit more bounce/wiggle to them, I'm guessing because they're quite light and like to float around. :)

lapushka
March 20th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Your always so wise :crush:

OMG you're making me blush. :o I've been here a while, maybe it's that. ;) 2a waves especially tend to form when hair is much longer, so around APL or so you'll see a couple of them (2 or 3) have formed, and that's how you can tell the textures apart.

I mean it's cute, but it can still be 1b/c at this point. Too hard to tell.

My hair is darn near straight at a chin length bob. Hair is full of surprises!

samanthaa
March 20th, 2017, 07:46 AM
My hair definitely had more wave when it was shorter; the length seems to weight down any sort of wave and pull it straight. So, yeah, I'd agree it's too short to tell, but right now, exactly as it is, it looks 1c/2a to me.

maborosi
March 20th, 2017, 08:04 AM
My hair flipped up a little bit when it was short, but not as much as yours does!
Give it a bit longer and I think you'll know for sure, but it looks closer to high 1's or low 2's to me.

spidermom
March 20th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Lovely wave! Happy growing, but your hair really looks good on you at that length in that style

truepeacenik
March 20th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Length does strange things.
I started as a 1a, but over the years that one loooong S wave appeared.

Eas693
March 20th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Aw thanks everyone! I'm actually enjoying this length so waiting for it to grow isn't miserable.

I'll have to post a picture when it finally gets to APL good to know that it can change before I get too excited about me waves

ephemeri
March 20th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Honestly it looks 2a to me!