PDA

View Full Version : Bangs: which type of bangs will suit me?

Anshul585
March 18th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Hello Friends!

I've been thinkig about changing my look from a past few days. Since I'm growing my hair long I need help with bangs. I dont know which type of bangs will suit on my face and hair type.

Back then when my hair was straight(1a-1b) long side bangs used to look good on face. But as I'm wavy now I'm confused about getting bangs.
I've an oval face shape which is chubby with almond shaped eyes, a somewhat normal-broad forehead and full cheeks.

I need your suggestions about getting bangs and type of bangs which would suit me. Below are the links of my forehead and rest of the face pics, I hope it would be easier to suggest after seeing the pics.

Thank you! :)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/FR4bjcAHzJchmQeAUQ61x2gpsz7_DmrkossWugcOs9T1jpBP70 zOLVkekYBFYS3LdkDaMg=s138

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/RJoQX1ZSCuD8iSOgZGjxiCsFInrjWlA613sZAQAlb3s7YqdVfm avzxoSzi8gHRFwFmzFDw=s138

likelikepenny
March 18th, 2017, 05:56 AM
I think side bangs would look really good on you.

lucid
March 18th, 2017, 06:07 AM
I think long side swept bangs would look good on you.

Anshul585
March 18th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Thanks likelikepenny and lucid.

I found this on instructables

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Cut-Your-Own-Sidebangs/?ALLSTEPS

Kellylee
March 18th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Be very careful cutting your own bangs. I tried to and ended up having growing out a missing chunk of my hair. I would recommend going to a hairdressers. Anyways I think side bangs would look really nice on you! 😁

Mrstran
March 18th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Side swipe based on your face shape. Not only that but they are more (in my opinion) to date.

spidermom
March 18th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Anything but short baby bangs and thick, heavy fringe that falls straight forward.

lizardspots
March 18th, 2017, 07:33 PM
It depends on the look you're going for. I think side swept bangs look more classy/elegant, but I found them annoying on myself (always poking me in the eye and having to push them back from my face). I have had semi-wisp/semi-blunt bangs for many years now, and I like the way they make me look youthful and emphasise my eyes. The important thing is to only use a small amount of hair - try a thin long side swept look first, wear it for a few days, then if you want to thicken the bangs or shorten them, you can do so.

Good luck! I've been cutting my own bangs for years, just be cautious and if you make a mistake, never fear - the hair will grow out!

Anshul585
March 18th, 2017, 11:10 PM
It depends on the look you're going for. I think side swept bangs look more classy/elegant, but I found them annoying on myself (always poking me in the eye and having to push them back from my face). I have had semi-wisp/semi-blunt bangs for many years now, and I like the way they make me look youthful and emphasise my eyes. The important thing is to only use a small amount of hair - try a thin long side swept look first, wear it for a few days, then if you want to thicken the bangs or shorten them, you can do so.

Good luck! I've been cutting my own bangs for years, just be cautious and if you make a mistake, never fear - the hair will grow out!

Thats a nice piece of advice. I'll try that first. Since I'm afraid of cutting my hair by own I would take help of some friend or a hairdresser. One thing is side swept is far less annoying than any type of bangs and it is easy to hide the bangs if it isn't cut the way I want.