PDA

View Full Version : Measuring... A little help pls?

- Lizzy -
March 17th, 2017, 01:24 PM
I want to be able to gage when my hair will reach a certain length but im not sure how much I grow a month. The problem is measuring. Before I came to LCH I did measure spottily and I did it from the earlobe down to get an exact measurement. Ever since I came here I have not understood how people on LHC measure their hair and I have just stopped and decided to use body markers. But I want to be able to so I know how much is growing each month. Should I go back to how I used to or is there some way you MUST do it on LHC

draysmir
March 17th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I think most people on LHC measure from the beginning of their hairline (above your forehead) to down their back. The measuring tape goes all the way over your head, if that makes sense. You don't necessarily have to measure this way, keep in mind though you'll probably get way shorter measurements compared to other people on this forum. I personally find I can never get accurate measurements when I try to measure though, but I have found measuring my bangs instead of my hair has given me more accurate results (only helpful if you have bangs I guess). If you still have trouble measuring, I usually just measure the distance between body markers, and see how long it takes to get to the next milestone. For instance, I measured about three inches from BSL to WL last summer, and it took me about 6 months to get there stretched, so I know my growth rate is probably around average. It would probably also help if you got someone else to help measure your hair :)

Rhodugune
March 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
You can also join the monthly length photo thread, it a great way to get a visual on how much your hair grows on average per month as it can vary.

If you have the patience putting your photos side by side can really make you see that it has grown and how much.

For an example my hair 3 months ago:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25904&d=1484488677

and my most resent length photo:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26122&d=1486566224

My hair grows about 1cm/0.4inch a month.

- Lizzy -
March 17th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Thank you for that helpful answer! My hope is that I can reach Waist by march of next year. I roughly measured and if im "average" I have 6 inches to go!

Rhodugune
March 17th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Thank you for that helpful answer! My hope is that I can reach Waist by march of next year. I roughly measured and if im "average" I have 6 inches to go!

You are very welcome and that is amazing news, happy growing! :blossom:
Is waist your end goal or do you hope to grow it longer then that?
Beware that people tent to change their mind, just wanting to grow their hair longer and longer. :cheese:

- Lizzy -
March 17th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I hope to grow longer but I set little goals because I think if I set a goal of like hip or farther I would get really discouraged. I don't really have a final destination. My hair has never been longer than bsl/sbl so I don't know my potential or what I really want. I think hip would be cool and if I get there then I would probably continue.