PDA

View Full Version : The results of four years at LHC

Speedbump
October 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Technically, my fourth anniversary starts in a little under an hour, but I just don't think that I can stay up that late because I'm very tired.

Before the pix (and hey we ALL know you are going to just scroll down first and read this second anyway, riiiight? :twisted: ) I just wanted to thank The Long Hair Community for helping me to not just save my hair, but to truly enjoy my hair for the first time since childhood. I also want to thank the community for helping me form very important and wonderful friendships, past and present. LHC has in a very real way helped shape my life since I joined, and I deeply appreciate it and am grateful to the community for all of the experiences I have had because of this place. :flowers:

NOW PIX! :cheese:

The retrospective collage. Click on the little guy to get the big one:

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/anniversarythumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/anniversary.jpg)
And yes, my hair does appear very different colors due to lighting differences. :lol: The one with the best light is the 2006 one. The 2004 one has awful light and the others have mediocre light. I really wish, in fact, that the first one had better light to show how horrible it really was. It was AWFUL. The entire thing was broken hairs, pretty much. At the time I was glad for the bad lighting but now I wish it showed every flaw from back then. :lol:

Now these guys are bigger versions of the one above in the 2008 slot. My mom helpfully took these on Monday in her front yard. Click on the little ones to see the big ones:

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/oct2008-1thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/oct2008-1.jpg)

http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/oct2008-2thumb.jpg (http://www.declipsed.com/lhc/oct2008-2.jpg)

In the second one, my hand is where my butt ends and my thighs begin. My "final" goal is classic, so I probably have another year of growing before I reach it for certain. After that, I plan to trim frequently to thicken up the ends and to get the thick part of my braid down further. Right now, the last third is practically nothing compared to the first two thirds.

After that, I am honestly not sure if I am going to grow it further. By the time I hit classic I will have right around 50 inches of hair, give or take an inch or two. That's a heck of a lot of hair at my thickness. :uhh:

So once again, thanks to the wonderful community of LHC. Whatever I end up doing with my hair, the 2004-2008 period of my life was one of the most special and memorable, for so many reasons. :sun:

Speedy

SHELIAANN1969
October 23rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Woot woot, them WV girls can sure grow some hair!! Right on, it looks fabulous :)

Silver & Gold
October 23rd, 2008, 09:21 PM
Awesome! That is one amazing head of hair.

Koala Kim
October 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Speedy's hair looks even more gorgeous in person. :inlove:

Chromis
October 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Wondrous! :thudpile:

Carolyn
October 23rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Looking fabulous Miss Speedy! I remember those first pictures and reading about your hair trials. You've come a long ways.

darkwaves
October 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Very beautiful!

missy60
October 23rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Your hair is totally awesome!

Leabhar
October 23rd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Lovely curls and growth!

Teazel
October 23rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Aw, congratulations, Speedbump! Your hair has grown in beauty as it has grown in length. :flower:

I had my 4-year LHC anniversary last month - did a little blog entry to celebrate. :)

intothemist1999
October 23rd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Wow, amazing hair! Congrats on your anniversary! :)

harley mama
October 23rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Speedy, you have great hair. You have made wonderful progress over the last 4 years!
Your hair is getting bigger and you are getting smaller! I want big hair!

Congratulations on 4 years of success!

Nic's
October 23rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Wow! Your hair looks amazing, and is very beautiful. It's very inspirational looking at growth like that. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

RavennaNight
October 23rd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, and your waves are perfectly formed! Happy growing!

dancingbarefoot
October 23rd, 2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, Speedy, looking good! :D

Seraphina
October 24th, 2008, 12:23 AM
That is stunning.Congratulations : )

Kuchen
October 24th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Congratulations and well done - that really is an awesome mane!

Arctic_Mama
October 24th, 2008, 12:58 AM
For having such curly hair that is AMAZING length progress, your hair is drop dead gorgeous. I love the texture. the color... it looks so healthy. Add me to the pile! :flowers:

aisling
October 24th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Wow, what great progress you've made! Congrats!

kate46
October 24th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Beautiful hair and fantastic progress Speedy! Thanks for the pics, it really helps to see what patience and good hair care can achieve! :beerchug:

hairyfairy
October 24th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Congratulations. Fabulous hair. To achieve such length with such curly hair is no mean feat.

I am just one year behind you in time, but lengthwise? Oh no!

MermaidGirl
October 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Your progress is amazing and inspiring, Speedy. You have a gorgeous head of hair - I love the color, and curl texture.

And I salute you as the lady that brought us Pyrexmania! :rockerdud

Nanni
October 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Wow!! It must be superlong when it is wet and straight. Great progress!!

LutraLutra
October 24th, 2008, 02:47 AM
That's some beautiful hair you've got there, wow!

Isa-belle
October 24th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Wow! What a change in four years. You have amazing hair.

DavidN
October 24th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Congratulations on 4 years at the LHC, Speedy, and here's to many more years in our community!:toast: Thank you for sharing these inspirational photos of your beautiful curls, and what wonderful growth!:flowers:

TammySue
October 24th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Congrats, Speedy! You have gorgeous hair! :cheese:

alinakathryn
October 24th, 2008, 04:05 AM
:thud: worthy for sure

Addy
October 24th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Beautiful!

Your hair has grown so much and I love your curls!

ImmortaLamia
October 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
congratulations, Speedbump! nice curls :heart:

30isthenewblack
October 24th, 2008, 04:44 AM
:thud: You have beautiful hair Speedbump. It's really inspirational seeing someone with long curly hair like yours. I will get there one day!

Dolly
October 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Very VERY nice!! That surely is a LOT of hair......but it is GORGEOUS!

Tressie
October 24th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Good golly Miss Molly! Speedy, you have absolutely amazing hair! It's two and three times as thick as many people are blessed with and it is so healthy and loooong! You've done a great job in four years of growing and caring for your lovely lovely tresses. Keep it up!

P.S. "Thicken up the ends you say?" LOL! INDEED!! (o: Thanks for sharing your pics!

oogie
October 24th, 2008, 06:14 AM
not only jealous of the hair but that skirt is adorable! where did you find it?

Love the pics-- way to grow :)

best wishes.

zaftig2k
October 24th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Speedy,

Congrats on 4 years! And wow what an amazing growth you have had (both inside and out) :).

The current hair pic is just beautiful. Gorgeous hair. Well done!!

Eloa
October 24th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Oh, wow, your hair is so beautiful... the color, too! Now I really wish I had curls... Congratulations!

Patrycja
October 24th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Such lovely long curly hair.Great growth!

joyfulmom4
October 24th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Looking good! Woohoo! What a gorgeous head of hair!

cindy58
October 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Wow, looks great! You've got the length that I'm aiming for too.

Speedbump
October 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks so much, SHELIAANN1969, Silver & Gold, Koala Kim, Chromis, Carolyn, darkwaves, missy60, Leabhar, Teazel, intothemist1999, Nic's, RavennaNight, dancingbarefoot, Seraphina, Kuchen, Arctic_Mama, aisling, kate46, MermaidGirl, LutraLutra, Isa-belle, DavidN, TammySue, alinakathryn, Addy, ImmortaLamia, Dolly, zaftig2k, Eloa, Patrycja, and joyfulmom4 and cindy58! :flowers:

Your hair is getting bigger and you are getting smaller! I want big hair!
HM, I always thought our hair was very similar. Your hair looks like big hair to me. :) Thank you very much. :flower:

I am just one year behind you in time, but lengthwise? Oh no!
You'll get there! You can do it! :cheese:

Wow!! It must be superlong when it is wet and straight. Great progress!!
It's classic length when I lean my head back. I tend to lose...oh, about four inches or so in length when it's dry. Less than you'd think, but definitely still some length. Thanks! :D

:thud: You have beautiful hair Speedbump. It's really inspirational seeing someone with long curly hair like yours. I will get there one day!
Yep, you sure will! Thanks. :)

P.S. "Thicken up the ends you say?" LOL! INDEED!! (o: Thanks for sharing your pics!
Hee hee! Well it's all relative, isn't it? My ends ARE thin compared to the top bits. So for me, yeah, they are thin. On someone else? Maybe not so much. :o Thanks!

not only jealous of the hair but that skirt is adorable! where did you find it?
Enable mode: ON
Dress Barn on Corridor G near Southridge. On sale. 10 bucks. Awesome store! :twisted:

Thanks everyone!! :o

Speedy

Krifantasy
October 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Speedbump, your hair is absolutely gorgeous. The growth you have gotten is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.

Garnet66
October 24th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Congrats on your 4 year anniversary! Your hair is simply stunning.

Silver Strands
October 24th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Oh how beautiful!
Happy, Happy 4th Anniversary!
May you have many more!

Morticia
October 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sooo gorgeous!!! :thudpile:

I had no idea that we joined at the same time. I guess I assumed that you were here way before I was.

burns_erin
October 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Amazing, so very lovely. Congratulations on some truly remarkable growth and quality changes.

PseudoScot
October 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Speedy you have awesome hair :thudpile: and are an awesome lady to boot! :grouphug:

Honigwein
October 24th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Your curls look so charming!! :) Beautiful pictures!

KarenLynn
October 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Congrats on four years! Your hair has always been amazing, and it just keeps getting more and more beautiful. :inlove:

Islandgrrl
October 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Oh my goodness, Speedy, look at that wonderful, amazing hair!!! Your progress & photos should serve as an inspiration to all - they certainly do for me! Happy 4-year Anniversary :cake:

skay
October 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Wow, congrats Speedbump. You have such a nice cascade of defined waves and ripples! :)

Alizarin Fionn
October 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Oh WOW Speedy - your hair is just beautiful. Really lovely.

Jim
October 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. It is wonderful to see the results of some care and attention. It is lovely.

xrosiex
October 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Happy fourth year anniversary!!! Your hair is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

jel
October 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Congrats on your LHC anniversary! :flowers:

Your hair is absolutely stunning :thudpile: And what fantastic progress in just four years...

Beatnik Guy
October 24th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Speedy's hair is :shocked: in real life too. Congrats on 4 years here. :flowers:

Paniscus
October 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Congrats! Beautiful as always Speedbump :)

Lamb
October 24th, 2008, 03:19 PM
You have my 3a hair of dreams, Speedbump! Simply beautiful, congratulations on your anniversary!

Elenna
October 24th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Gorgeous hair.

Not only is your hair long, but it's very thick too.

:pumpkin:

zift
October 24th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Your hair is amazing Speedbump, such beautiful thick curls!:cloud9:

Vitalai
October 24th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! You've made such amazing progress and your hair is beautiful! :thud:

RoseRedDead
October 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Your hair is amazing... It seems like its own life-force. :)

maliha
October 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Your Hair looks gorgeous,,,congratulations!!! :)

QueenMadge
October 24th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Speedy, you have long been an inspiration to me, your hair is gorgeous and the length and health after four years gives me hope for my own hair journey! I love the ends of your hair as well.

SilverLocks
October 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Drool.... you have some beautiful hair. Great progess shots.

Flaxen
October 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Happy Anniversary, Speedy! :cake: :toast: Your hair looks absolutely beautiful, and it has been so exciting to see each new progress picture. :grin:

ole gray mare
October 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Speedy! Wow, I never realized you were once a triangle-head. ;) What a transformation. Be proud of that mane, you've earned it! Congrats and I'm happy to know you. :flowers:

Speedbump
October 24th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Holy cow you guys! :o

Thanks very much, Krifantasy, Garnet66, Silver Strands, Morticia, burns_erin, PseudoScot, Honigwein, KarenLynn, Islandgrrl, skay, Alizarin Fionn, Jim, xrosiex, jel, Beatnik Guy, Paniscus, Lamb, Elenna, zift, Vitalai, RoseRedDead, maliha, QueenMadge, SilverLocks, and Flaxen! :flowers:

Speedy! Wow, I never realized you were once a triangle-head. ;) What a transformation.
You have nooooooo idea. :lol: They used to call me "Bush" in junior high school and it wasn't because of who the president was. :p
Thanks! :cheese:

nastasska
October 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Happy Anniversary :cheese: Your hair is amazing :flowers:

jessie58
October 25th, 2008, 03:31 AM
:thudpile: Once again, I adore your hair. You and your hair are looking mighty hawt woman.

FrannyG
October 25th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I've always admired your beautiful curls, and I must say that your hair looks more beautiful than ever. Thank you so much for the progress pics. Happy Anniversary, Speedy. :blossom:

paper
October 25th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Happy Anniversary Speedbump :flowers:

Great progress pics! Your hair is gorgeous!

rhubarbarin
October 25th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Your hair is amazing!

I hope I can show off such great results after four years here..

EdG
October 25th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Congratulations, Speedbump! That's a great hair progression. :)
Ed

brok3nwings
October 25th, 2008, 09:04 AM
woww i am totally amazed...i know that curly hair is harder to grow and to mantain but yours its jus beautiful! And four years is a lot, congratulations :)

Shield31
October 25th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Way to Go speedbump!

Success stories are wonderful and I need 'em these days.

Can't wait to see those pics in 4 more years

tina1025
October 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Absolutely gorgeous:)

Lady Godiva
October 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Yours has been and still is a very interesting hair growth journey to me because our hair types are so opposite. I try to imagine having fluffy volume like that or caring for my hair as you do yours. It's been a treat watching your hair become a masterpiece. :sun:

NurseMama
October 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM
I love your hair Speedbump! The growth really is so impressive! Beautiful!

chloeishere
October 25th, 2008, 12:02 PM
My sweet baby bippy! Your hair is amazing! Congratulations on 4 years at LHC!

Ice~Cold~Wind
October 25th, 2008, 12:17 PM
This is amazing! You have glorious hair! :D

Medvssa
October 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Speedy, you are an inspiration for me of course :)

catfish
October 25th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Congratulation on your anniversary:D Your hair is gorgeous, I love those curls.

And I agree with you, as :cheese: as it sounds, my life is better due to finding TLHC.
Here's to the next 4 years:flower:

Speedbump
October 26th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much nastasska, jessie58, FrannyG, paper, rhubarbarin, EdG, brok3nwings, Shield31, tina1025, NurseMama,chloeishere, Ice~Cold~Wind, Medvssa, and catfish!

Yours has been and still is a very interesting hair growth journey to me because our hair types are so opposite. I try to imagine having fluffy volume like that or caring for my hair as you do yours. It's been a treat watching your hair become a masterpiece. :sun:
:o:o:o Thanks, LG. :blossom::blossom::blossom:

Teacherbear
October 26th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Speedy, your hair looks AMAZING!!! You've grown a loooong way, baby! :sun:

mellie
October 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Wow!!! Beautiful!!! Happy Anniversary!!

girlcat36
October 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
What a gorgeous, thick head of hair! I hope to have just half that thickness someday!

AquaViolet1973
October 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM
You have such beautiful hair. I am jealous! I wish my hair was naturally curly/wavy like yours is. I have to get perms to get that same result. :)