PDA

View Full Version : The involuntary participants in the patience game

Fia
March 14th, 2017, 10:26 AM
The philosophical ponderer found words and thoughts in her innermost sanctum that needed to find their way out in the open.

Today your hair is a fraction longer than it was yesterday. Tomorrow it will be a fraction longer than it is today. The growth is there, ever-present, just barely noticeable to our eyes that are not used to observing such minuscule amounts. Rest assured, given enough time even our half-blind eyes will see the growth and appreciate what has been happening all along, just out of the observable range of what our eyes can see and assess.

Our half-blind eyes will see, will appreciate, only as long as we don't over-react and in a fit of 'it will never grow, I'm lopping this whole thing off', remove that fraction of an inch that has been added to another fraction of an inch. Hair growth is ever-present; noticing it is just a game of patience and allowing enough time to accumulate to show us the result of that constant process.

Up, up and away. Away from the half-blind eyes' prying gaze trying to discern whether enough fractions have accumulated to show anything. Up, up and away. Away from hands unable to let things alone; pushing, pulling, prodding the hair so unwilling to give up its secrets and show inch added to inch. Up, up and away. Out of sight, out of mind. Today it is a fraction longer than it was yesterday. Tomorrow it will be a fraction longer than it is today. But that fraction of an inch, added to yet another fraction of an inch will not show itself to the impatient grower refusing to take part in the patience game.

Good things will come to those that observe the rules of the patience game; and only to those that are patient enough to let the patience game run its due course. Because being patient is all there is to it, time will show us all the results we are waiting for. For only in due time are the patient rewarded for their patience with the patience game itself.

lunasea
March 14th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Uhmmmm

https://youtu.be/x-ciMuVhDXA

Aredhel
March 15th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Love this thread!! Such inspiring words, and that video was just fantastic. :p

WillOTree
March 15th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I love this.

I went from BSL to buzzed in a week, knowing I was in for the long haul if I wanted my length back. Knowing it is longer than it was yesterday, would definitely help with the appearance of no growth when I look in my mirror. Taking it day by day!

Aunty Miki
March 15th, 2017, 08:39 PM
I love this! Thank you!