PDA

View Full Version : Curly hair problem VS shampoo

dogyleo
March 10th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I like how my hair is curly and popping out, however, whenever i wash it with a shampoo it kind of loses its curly texture and stops popping, looks for 2-3 days.

The problem is if i stop washing my hair with shampoo it will not be clean, so what should i do?

(Here is some pictures of my hair)
https://i.imgsafe.org/687633dedb.jpg
https://i.imgsafe.org/687621a915.jpg

lapushka
March 10th, 2017, 08:40 AM
I condition twice after washing (WCC method) to combat the dryness of the shampoo and to keep my waves poppin'. Maybe try that method. The link to the appropriate thread is in my signature. More info there!

Tosca
March 10th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Have you tried CO (conditioner only) washing? I assure you, it gets my hair clean. If you're in America, VO5 and Suave conditioners are popular for washing with.

lapushka
March 10th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Have you tried CO (conditioner only) washing? I assure you, it gets my hair clean. If you're in America, VO5 and Suave conditioners are popular for washing with.

She said she *needs* to use the shampoo in order for her hair to be clean; some of us can't CO-wash. :shrug:

dogyleo
March 10th, 2017, 01:47 PM
She said she *needs* to use the shampoo in order for her hair to be clean; some of us can't CO-wash. :shrug:

lol i feel insulated, *btw its he said not she*

Anje
March 10th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Are you using a heavy conditioner after you shampoo? For curls like that, I suspect you need something extra moisturizing to help them clump back up if you have to use shampoo. I would also suggest using as mild a shampoo as your hair and scalp will tolerate, which might be a no-sulfate or low-sulfate formula, perhaps diluted. Try to concentrate on shampooing mainly the scalp and the hair immediately adjacent to it, since the length doesn't normally get dirty with head oils and usually needs less cleansing.

You might also want to try a leave-in, such as a curl cream. A bit of that worked through would help your curls to form up and be more defined. :) I'm told Shea Moisture makes a good one (though my hair is a different texture and doesn't like leave-ins much, so no personal experience for that recommendation).

rmani
March 10th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I condition twice after washing (WCC method) to combat the dryness of the shampoo and to keep my waves poppin'. Maybe try that method. The link to the appropriate thread is in my signature. More info there!

Second Lapushka's response and now that I look properly Anje's re: conditioner. Also would look into LOC method (Lapushka also has this in her signature).

ExpectoPatronum
March 10th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Chiming in to agree with others - more conditioner! Do you apply a leave-in conditioner at all? What are you using to style?

dogyleo
March 10th, 2017, 04:21 PM
no i dont use leave-in conditioner, and i dont use any products to style, i just tie my hair back or leave it to pop out

lapushka
March 10th, 2017, 04:59 PM
lol i feel insulated, *btw its he said not she*

Oops, I'm very sorry. :o I apologize!

ExpectoPatronum
March 10th, 2017, 05:07 PM
no i dont use leave-in conditioner, and i dont use any products to style, i just tie my hair back or leave it to pop out

You might benefit from adding some moisturizing stylers to your routine then. It'd definitely help your curls to pop :)