PDA

View Full Version : Thinning hair treatments/ Hair growth (Alopecia)

Synester
March 9th, 2017, 02:59 AM
In 2014 I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia and lost the majority of my hair starting at the crown of my head, Since my medication for it and womens rogaine treatments my hair has bounced back a lot. But the crown of my head is still very very very thin and the hairs there are very short and the rest of my hair is long (a few inches from waist length) If i rub the crown of my head I can feel all the shorter hairs and the different texture against my long ones that lay flat. These are rough compared. I have naturally thin hair I always have. But losing it has made it even thinner. On my day 3 no wash days and my hair is weighted with sebum oils on my scalp, the skin of my scalp becomes VERY visible and it makes me super self conscious. I know hair fiber products exist but I want to try and grow/thicken that area for real, not just cover it up.

So if anyone who has had Androgenic Alopecia or currently has alopecia reach out to me and tell me what you have done to make your hair slowly bounce back from losing it.

And for the people who dont have alopecia but know how to thicken sparse areas of hair, leave a comment for what products/oils/treatments help.

Aphra
March 9th, 2017, 05:42 AM
You may want this thread - one of our members has shared all her research from her own thinning hair problems.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141868

Synester
March 9th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Thankyou! I shall give it a read.