PDA

View Full Version : 2a hair styles

saddamna
March 7th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Hi every one..
I am trying to quit heat.My hair is 2a and some times I want to get it more stright.
Any product recommendation or tips?

Frankenstein
March 7th, 2017, 10:15 PM
You can try something calling hair wrapping. There's tutorials on YouTube.

Personally when I want my hair straighter, I put it up in a lazy wrap bun while it's still a little damp and let it dry overnight.

Arctic
March 8th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Someone had a great method using pool noodles. Try to search her thread, she started a new one for it few years ago.

lapushka
March 8th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Hi every one..
I am trying to quit heat.My hair is 2a and some times I want to get it more stright.
Any product recommendation or tips?

How long is your hair. If it is a bob or shoulder, you might not be able to give up heat straight away. If you do use heat, try using a blow dryer in place of a hot tool. A blow dryer is OK to use (as long as you keep it on cool/warm - if you hold your hand in the airstream for a long time and it doesn't burn it is OK to use on the hair).

Product recs? What's your routine like now?

Deborah
March 8th, 2017, 09:30 AM
If your hair is long enough, wear it up in a bun or some other updo. No straightening needed.

saddamna
March 8th, 2017, 10:01 AM
You can try something calling hair wrapping. There's tutorials on YouTube.

Personally when I want my hair straighter, I put it up in a lazy wrap bun while it's still a little damp and let it dry overnight.

I do it for years it works great but with lots of pins not sure if it is gentle on hair

saddamna
March 8th, 2017, 10:05 AM
How long is your hair. If it is a bob or shoulder, you might not be able to give up heat straight away. If you do use heat, try using a blow dryer in place of a hot tool. A blow dryer is OK to use (as long as you keep it on cool/warm - if you hold your hand in the airstream for a long time and it doesn't burn it is OK to use on the hair).

Product recs? What's your routine like now?

My hair is wl and my routine is simple.cwc twice and one oil soaking per week.

hobbitlocks
March 8th, 2017, 05:16 PM
I find if I (gently) comb my hair a several times while it's drying it ends up pretty straight, or at least straighter than I it would otherwise. But it's not perfectly straight if that's what you're looking for. The shorter pieces around my hairline are more stubborn and I'll use a big velcro roller on them while they're drying if I'm feeling determined for them to be straight.

lapushka
March 9th, 2017, 05:11 AM
My hair is wl and my routine is simple.cwc twice and one oil soaking per week.

When it's WL it's normally perfect to ditch the heat! I don't know what your natural texture is like, though? Maybe you don't like it? Giving up heat often means getting used to your texture, and you have to be prepared for that.

meteor
March 10th, 2017, 10:38 AM
If the wave is not too strong, simply blow-drying it on cool with nozzle pointed down to smooth the cuticle should do the trick.

I find if I just comb out my hair as it is drying is enough to relax the wave completely.

Silicone conditioners and serums help me a bit too on days when I want my hair straight.

Plus, hair straightens out the longer you go between washes, but water will revive the natural wave again, so using oil/silicone-based leave-ins and staying away from humid environments should help prolong a straight style.

Sleeping on silky smooth materials (e.g. silk or smooth materials with satin weave, some polyesters...) with hair in a "straightening" style (e.g. hair wrap, caterpillar braid, cord/scarf wrapped tightly around the length of the ponytail, etc...) can help a bit, as well.