PDA

View Full Version : Getting past shoulder/APL

Britok
March 6th, 2017, 03:21 PM
I have been in limbo with my length between my shoulders and APL, and I've been stuck here for ages, it just doesn't seem to grow past the top of my shoulder blades. Has anyone experienced this and then gone on to have actual, noticeable growth?

Arctic
March 6th, 2017, 03:50 PM
What condition your hair is in? What is your routine? Do you trim too much? (That's my own "problem" :p)

florafox
March 6th, 2017, 06:03 PM
I'm in the same boat. What has been helping me is keeping my hair off of my clothing or any non silky/satin like fabric. I wear satin scrunchies I purchased from an etsy seller. I am starting hair vitamins and want to try the "inversion method" to see if it gets me "over the hump.

lapushka
March 7th, 2017, 09:03 AM
What is your routine like? Do you trim often? At all? S&D?

Britok
March 7th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I've stopped trimming, thrown out my straightener, and started S&D. I wear my hair in a braid for most of the time now. I have been taking vitamins for a few months. I eat healthy. It sheds and doesn't seem to want to grow.

Britok
March 7th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Florafox what seller on Etsy did you get your scrunchies from?

restless
March 7th, 2017, 09:44 PM
I've stopped trimming, thrown out my straightener, and started S&D. I wear my hair in a braid for most of the time now. I have been taking vitamins for a few months. I eat healthy. It sheds and doesn't seem to want to grow.

Regarding the bolded part; it could be old damage causing breakage still and thatīll take some time to grow (trim) out. Also, getting past the upper back area is a common problem and mostly it seems to be because this is where the hair starts to get somewhat long and gets caught in and between things in the everyday life (bag straps, zippers, rubbing against the back of seats, etc).

However since you mention shedding too maybe you should go and get some blood work done to check up on the iron, thyroid, etc just in case.

Britok
March 8th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Regarding the bolded part; it could be old damage causing breakage still and thatīll take some time to grow (trim) out. Also, getting past the upper back area is a common problem and mostly it seems to be because this is where the hair starts to get somewhat long and gets caught in and between things in the everyday life (bag straps, zippers, rubbing against the back of seats, etc).

However since you mention shedding too maybe you should go and get some blood work done to check up on the iron, thyroid, etc just in case.

Thank you, my previous thyroid tests have been fine, but for some time I have suspected iron deficiency and will request bloodwork at my next physical. I told my previous doctor I thought I was anemic and she only ran a cell count ��