PDA

View Full Version : Scrunching question

Kae612
March 6th, 2017, 06:39 AM
So my hair is kinda wavy. But the waves don't usually stay, they fall out as I wear my hair down, if i brush it, or touch it at all. It just becomes poofy-straight. But I like my wavy hair, so I was looking at ways to keep it. One thing I saw was spritzing the hair with water, and "scrunching" it. I tried this, but my hair just ended up damp even after using the dryer for a few minutes (maybe I used too much water? I didn't saturate my hair or anything, just a few sprays) and tangled. I actually think I lost wave from touching it, and trying to finger comb out some tangles.

Do you scrunch your hair? How? Is there a method? Does it tangle? Does it dry?

lapushka
March 6th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Do you scrunch your hair? How? Is there a method? Does it tangle? Does it dry?

You just need to spritz one to two times, then scrunch. I'd use something more "potent" than water alone, so I'd put in a squirt of conditioner. If your hair doesn't respond that much, it's just waves that aren't happening (sorry). :flower: :o It's really something that can't be forced. You could try adding a bit of curl cream (a pea size, spread through palms and applied by scrunching).

I mainly scrunch after my hair comes out of the towel after washing it. Then my styling products get applied, and those are scrunched in (curl cream, gel, serum - LOC/LCO method). That's it, for the entire week. As I mainly wear my hair in a bun, it doesn't matter to me if the waves sag after a couple days. But you could "refresh" with a mist, like you are using.

antler_tines
March 6th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Have you tried the curly girl method? Like Lapushka said, part of the trick wouldbe to use some creams and possibly a gel to set the curl. You could try plopping your hair to dry, you hang your head over something like a t-shirt and allow the hair to coil naturally. Then tie the t-shirt up around your head and allow the hair to dry like that. Here is a link to the basic curly girl method. http://m.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

Kae612
March 6th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Have you tried the curly girl method? Like Lapushka said, part of the trick wouldbe to use some creams and possibly a gel to set the curl. You could try plopping your hair to dry, you hang your head over something like a t-shirt and allow the hair to coil naturally. Then tie the t-shirt up around your head and allow the hair to dry like that. Here is a link to the basic curly girl method. http://m.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair

Yeah! I let my hair dry like that, as best I could. It took oh 8h to dry on Saturday because my house was quite cold. But the waves were nice yesterday, but after sleeping on it twice not so much. Using leave in conditioner or a styling product isn't something I've tried though!

My hair isn't totally straight today, just not as nice as it was yesterday. Maybe that's just life lol. I'm not used to wearing my hair down, but if it's wavy I like it better.

littlestarface
March 6th, 2017, 10:02 AM
When I scrunch I lay the hair in my palm with water or if its after my shower with curl smoothie and as i'm going up it forms a spiral and then I squeeze the top of it and let it go. If it doesn't form a good spiral like shape then wet it and try again. After I'm done with all my hair I then put it up all scrunched in a tshirt for 30mins and then let it air dry the rest of the way.

I'm like you a 2a but after doing these^ I get wurls like crazy.

Good luck!