PDA

View Full Version : black strand

Isilme
October 23rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hi
I have been thinking about adding a black strand somewhere in my temple area on my hennaed hair. I don't want it to be permanent so I figured I'll use a washout type of dye. But since black can be kinda tricky I thought I would ask all of you first, if I add a temporary black colour to a strand of my already hennaed hair, do you think it would wash out? I think I might have some damage from previous red box dyes I used two-three years ago though, and the semi permanent deposit only colour I use in red always sticks nicely to that area. So I'm a little bit worried it will be more stubborn there.
What do you think?

burns_erin
October 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
I have never tried black over henna, but i will tell you that when I did dye my hair black, it was supposed to be one of those dozen wash out kinds, it NEVER came out. I eventually dyed burgundy/purple over it to even it out, then a less dark red. Eventually I had like four different color gradients. Even hair dyes which were supposed to strip color out then redeposit could not budge this black.

snowbear
October 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
I believe a member here did that, but I'm totally blanking on her name right now. Her avatar for a while was she and her husband walking hand in hand.

ETA: It's SarieQ that I'm thinking of.

Hypnotica
October 24th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I don't think even Manic Panic would wash out *totally*......I would recommend some fake hair, just to try it out before you do something more permanent.

Isilme
October 24th, 2008, 02:39 PM
ah, so even a wella colour mousse kind could turn out to be permanent?:( Not quite what I wanted to hear, but it's better to be prepared rather than having to chop one lock because it didn't wash out.
Thanks! I'll think long and hard about this one.

prosperina
October 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I bought some clip in hair extensions from hot topic (probably don't have that store in Sweden, but you may have heard of it) for Halloween. And they are pretty good quality, plus the comb clip part hides well in my hair.

Isilme
October 25th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I have some of those clip in extensions:) I think they are a bit uncomfortable and I wanted something that lasted a little while. Oh well, maybe I'll bite the bullet and see if it wshes out or not.

arylkin
October 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have some of those clip in extensions:) I think they are a bit uncomfortable and I wanted something that lasted a little while. Oh well, maybe I'll bite the bullet and see if it wshes out or not.

Let us know if you do it and it does wash out (or doesn't)! :)

Isilme
November 8th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Hi!
I just tried to dye the under half of my hair black, what a joke! I was concerned it would turn out permanent, well, it didn't take as much as I wanted. My hair is now just a darker shade of red with some weird grey tinge over it, glad I can cover it with the rest of my hair. And the dye stuck to everything, except my hair. I spend the night cleaning the bathroom;)