PDA

View Full Version : One inch of hair growth?

abribun
March 1st, 2017, 04:59 PM
Hey friends, does anyone experience an inch of hair growth in one month? It seems that my bangs have grown just short of an inch in this last month and I don't know if it's correct measurements or not? I measured from my hair line like I always do?

MoonRabbit
March 1st, 2017, 05:34 PM
My hair usually grows half an inch a month but sometimes I get a growth spurt of one inch. It depends on the season, my health and diet. Everyone has a different hair growth rate so an inch a month is not uncommon.

abribun
March 1st, 2017, 05:54 PM
Oh my gosh... If my hair grows an inch a month then the hair gods have answered my prayers! Thanks for the reply <3

MoonRabbit
March 1st, 2017, 06:12 PM
If you think it was a false measurement then just keep measuring your hair each month or every few months. You have the same hair type as me so waves do make it hard to get an accurate measurement. Sometimes my hair will be less wavy and seem to have grown more. But that's just a shrinkage thing. Also hair can grow at different rates. The back of my head grows faster than the rest. So your bangs might be a bit faster.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 1st, 2017, 06:30 PM
It can happen, yes. It's rare - for me, but fun when it does surprise me by growing an inch.

Islandgrrl
March 1st, 2017, 06:36 PM
I think I average out at about 3/4" a month. Some months I get a full inch. I don't really measure so much anymore though.

Deborah
March 1st, 2017, 10:07 PM
Sure, some folks have hair that grows an inch or more monthly. The 1/2 inch you always hear about is the average growth. Some grow faster, some slower.

Aphra
March 2nd, 2017, 04:54 AM
I've been getting an inch for the last few months (which is nice because it meant I regrew my last trim in 6 weeks). However, I'm pretty certain I don't get it all year round.

Reyesuela
March 2nd, 2017, 12:32 PM
It can happen. The shorter your hair, the more noticeable this usually is.

*Wednesday*
March 2nd, 2017, 06:30 PM
I'm about 1/4 a month. I do hear the more active you are you can increase your hair growth a little bit more. Some people report more hair growth during the summer time.

You can always get one of those shirts that have the hair length measurement on the back, if your hair is that long to measure.

Kellwise Gamgee
March 2nd, 2017, 07:32 PM
I just had a 1" spurt this month!! It can happen!

genuinewicked
March 3rd, 2017, 08:54 AM
I just had a 1" spurt this month!! It can happen!

Were you doing anything different in your routine? More water, exercise, etc?

lapushka
March 3rd, 2017, 10:40 AM
I'm always really wary when I hear these kinds of statements, which doesn't mean I don't believe the OP, but for me 1/2 inch a month is about right. :)

draysmir
March 3rd, 2017, 11:30 AM
When I first cut my hair short, my hair was growing an inch a month that summer (about three months) which was really nice :) I'm not sure how much I grow a month usually, but I think it's around average, 1/2 inch. So it's possible for me to grow an inch a month, but I don't think it has really happened since. I hear people often get growth spurts in the summer, so I'm guessing that was why my hair was growing so fast!

HairPlease
March 3rd, 2017, 11:31 AM
I'm always really wary when I hear these kinds of statements, which doesn't mean I don't believe the OP, but for me 1/2 inch a month is about right. :)

Me too, because it's rare to have a month with an inch. Not impossible, though. Well, I'm more wary when I hear people say they get an inch every month (and a little jealous if/when it turns out to be true).

I guess what I'm saying is that although uncommon, people do get a month out of the blue in which hair will grow an inch, but don't get your hopes up. Everyone's growth rate is different... I'm sure there is someone who gets 1.5" a month with proof, but that's what I call a very rare occurrence. Very, very rare.

sarahthegemini
March 3rd, 2017, 11:34 AM
I've never measured my mo they growth tbh :-/ I'm intrigued tho...