PDA

View Full Version : Does this style have a name?

SolSara
October 23rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
This was so easy to do, that I didn't found out about until a couple days ago. I only try out all new styles I find here. :) But now I'm curious, does this sort of bun have an official name? I'm sure I'm not the only one doing this.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/2966217499_74a50513c1_m.jpg

I made a ponytail. Put a stick through. Then I wrapped the hair around it. Under and up at the left side. Crossed in the middle so I went down under the right side and up. Then I just wrapped and tucked the ends around it, no pins.

Anyone understood that? :) I just don't know what to call it, but it has to have a name. I need a name, so I can remember it.. :)

SolSara
October 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM
Oh. Sorry about the misspelling in the topic. I'm not very good at English, but I'm not THAT bad. Really. :)

lora410
October 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM
That is really pretty and I will have to try that for an updo :) I don't know if it was invented yet but a great updo for us challenged ones :lol:

snowbear
October 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
It does have a name, but I'm forgetting what it is. It's somewhere between a Chinese bun and a figure-eight bun.

SHELIAANN1969
October 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
It does have a name, but I'm forgetting what it is. It's somewhere between a Chinese bun and a figure-eight bun.

Wouldn't it be neat to call it the Michelle Kwan? :)

For the lovely figure 8's (and many many other spectacular moves) that she makes on the ice?

eresh
October 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
The bun is beautiful!

And I like the name idea :D

AmselJoey
October 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Ohhh I like this bun and it doesn't look too hard to do! :D

Would you mind trying to give more detailed directions? I'm hairstyle challenged so I'm still a bit confused. I didn't get the part about putting the stick through. :o

ClareDee
October 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Very nice! And blue looks so good with your blonde hair by the way...

The bun looks quite like kupferzopf's Chinese bun - on video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpcdUv9xXA) :) But maybe you did it differently?

Katahdin
October 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Oooh, that's gorgeous. I'm not sure if it has an official name, but it looks like a really nifty Chinese bun-ish thing.

It sounds like you put the hair stick in behind the elastic of the pony tail and then wrapped the hair around and over the hair stick a couple times?

Xandergrammy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
I don't know the name of the bun, but I think your English is excellent! :flowers:

SolSara
October 24th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Ohhh I like this bun and it doesn't look too hard to do! :D

Would you mind trying to give more detailed directions? I'm hairstyle challenged so I'm still a bit confused. I didn't get the part about putting the stick through. :o

Well, like Katahdin said, you put the stick behind the elastic, just like for a chinese bun. It was very easy. :)

SolSara
October 24th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Very nice! And blue looks so good with your blonde hair by the way...

The bun looks quite like kupferzopf's Chinese bun - on video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpcdUv9xXA) :) But maybe you did it differently?

It's just like that, but I used the whole hair in one strand. Everytime I've seen a chinese bun you divide the hair in two and go both ways. If you have longer hair, I guess you could make a nice figure eight of it. But I could only cross the stick once before I had to tuck the ends away to make it secure.

Lisa-Maria
October 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Good questions, I've used that bun myself quite a few times, it's like a one strand chignon... or a wrap infinity bun.

Lady Lilya
October 24th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I think SolSara did it asymmetrically. And I think it looks AWESOME.

Alizarin Fionn
October 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
If it doesnt have a name yet it really should have. It looks very nice for work and I am going to have to try that one on Monday. I can add it to my personal updo challenge. Hope it turns out looking like the one you did though.

Lady Godiva
October 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
It looks a lot like an Infinity Bun, except I don't start with a ponytail and elastic. I just twist my hair to make the infinity symbol (one loop to the left, then one to the right, then I stop twisting and just wrap behind). I also insert my hair stick after making the first two loops, whereas you put the stick in first, but both of us then wrap the remainder following inserting the hair stick, so it's similar that way.

Trolleypup's lazy bun starts with a hairstick, right? (Try searching for lazy bun, though...:uhh: )

Amara
October 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I was told that was trolleypup's lazybun when I posted a pic of it in my album asking for people to identify it. From your description, that sounds exactly like what I did. I can't see your pic though, cause I'm at work.

olearyck
October 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Very pretty. I can't wait for my hair to be long enough to try some of these! (I can't even manage a ponytail yet).

Seraphina
October 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Very nice.

CourtneyS
October 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Very pretty. I can't wait for my hair to be long enough to try some of these! (I can't even manage a ponytail yet).
Same here. That bun looks great!

SolSara
October 25th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Yes, it's Trolleypup's lazy bun. :) thank you guys for the help! :) Now I have a name. :)

Peggy E.
October 25th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I don't know the name of the bun, but I think your English is excellent! :flowers:

This is what I was going to say. Infinitely better than my Swedish (can you say "non-existant?!")

I took Latin, so it's going to be a while before I'm around native Latin-speakers - I hope!

This bun and your instructions on its construction, is how I do a Chinese Bun. But then, I must be doing the Chinese Bun wrong, because it doesn't look like other's - it looks like this one here! Only yours is much prettier....