PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hairdresser in Ohio - Toledo to Sandusky

kdaniels8811
February 28th, 2017, 07:23 AM
I have not cut my hair since it grew out from chemo six years ago. It is to my waist but thin and damaged from the chemo. I need a trim but am having a hard time finding a hairdresser that is experienced cutting thin, long hair. I get told to cut it back to BSL or shorter - shoulder length! and I turn and walk away. So ... anyone have any suggestions for someone in Ohio between Toledo and Sandusky? I know it is a long shot but figured I would ask. Thanks in advance!

Mrstran
February 28th, 2017, 08:42 AM
I wish I could help. Though I'm a little further SE than you anyway. The only thing I can say is that I've had a few trims from salons and I have only gotten lucky at a great clips believe it or not. The one I went to was in my city but I think I'm roughly 2 hours away from you.

I had to take the girls card because I came in the salon after attempting to cut my own hair. She fixed it and saved my length. I was surprised that she really listened when I said I was growing my hair out. She even managed to trim my random breakage into layers which are growing out nicely. I have no clue why she was working at great clips, but that's her choice I guess.

anyway, your best bet is to find a family member or learn to cut your own hair if worse comes to worse. Don't settle

----------Sorry I forgot to add the reason I went there. I've been to 2 fancy expensive salons since I moved to Ohio and both places wrecked my hair. I no longer trust them

kdaniels8811
February 28th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Thank you!

Carolyn
February 28th, 2017, 09:46 AM
If you would be willing to drive a little farther there is Enchantress salon in Fairview Park, Ohio. I've been there several times and Lance and Jody are awesome.

kdaniels8811
February 28th, 2017, 09:58 AM
I may do that, I have a friend in Fairview Park. I am so paranoid about getting my hair trimmed but it needs it so badly and it is beyond my capabilities. Thank you so much!

Mrstran
February 28th, 2017, 10:01 AM
If you would be willing to drive a little farther there is Enchantress salon in Fairview Park, Ohio. I've been there several times and Lance and Jody are awesome.

Wow I had no clue there was a long hair salon around here! I was looking for one before I found the lady at clips. Im not really far ( hence my location " near the falls" ) that is too awesome.

kdaniels8811
February 28th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Would that be Cuyahoga Falls? I grew up in Avon Lake and Cleveland was where I hung out. Moved out toward Toledo 14 years ago due to a job.

kdaniels8811
March 2nd, 2017, 06:55 PM
Update - I bit the bullet and went to a salon in Toledo. Turns out (unknown to me) three of my friends go there for their hair. The salon owner trimmed 2 inches from my length and layered the front and side - exactly what I asked for. She understands my goals and wants to help me meet them - maintain my length while growing longer. Yay! I am so happy!

Reyesuela
March 2nd, 2017, 09:57 PM
So glad!

My secret is to go to a barber shop. Never had a problem as long as I tell them to cut half an inch when I want an inch.

lapushka
March 4th, 2017, 04:54 AM
I'm glad it turned out fine! :)

Carolyn
March 4th, 2017, 10:04 AM
I'm glad your trim turned out well. I know it's so nerve wracking going to a new salon/stylist. I think Enchantress used to be in Cuyohoga Falls but they moved to a new place. I'm not familiar enough with the area to know exactly where they are now. I rely on my Garmin to get me where ever I am going. I'd love to go again but I don't know if I'd be able to work it out. I used to babysit my brother's dog in Michigan and I would take a day trip to Enchantress to meet Koala Kim and Snowymoon. Good times!

Mrstran
March 9th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Would that be Cuyahoga Falls? I grew up in Avon Lake and Cleveland was where I hung out. Moved out toward Toledo 14 years ago due to a job.

Yep lol I'm actually near a hiking trail. So I have cuyahoga falls the next town over, an actual waterfall on the trail right down the street from me, and a dam water fall there as well. See, near the falls! Lol
That's cool you hung out in Cleveland, I only have been there for appointments. I'm from NY and have been here for 4 years now.
When I first moved here I had a roommate that went where you are a lot to gamble. He actually did pretty good