PDA

View Full Version : Acne prone hair supplement

saddamna
February 26th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Hello LHCers...
I am new here and I want to try some supplements to help with shedding and encourage growing but my skin is acne prone?
Any suggestions?

MoonRabbit
February 26th, 2017, 10:18 PM
First I would suggest talking to your doctor to see if the shedding is caused by any health issues (diet, hormonal, deficiency, stress) and to see if supplements are right for you. Some take a multivitamin, zinc, vitamin C, and B complex are said to help with hair health. I read that some individuals had breakouts from taking biotin but if you drink plenty of water while taking it, it can cut down on the acne problem. I've only had experience with B complex and fish oil. I can't say if it helped with my hair growth at all but the fish oil made my hair and skin look healthier. Again, these are only options I can give so you can ask your doctor about them. I don't feel comfortable telling someone what supplements they could take. Good luck with your hair journey and welcome to LHC :)

saddamna
February 27th, 2017, 05:55 AM
First I would suggest talking to your doctor to see if the shedding is caused by any health issues (diet, hormonal, deficiency, stress) and to see if supplements are right for you. Some take a multivitamin, zinc, vitamin C, and B complex are said to help with hair health. I read that some individuals had breakouts from taking biotin but if you drink plenty of water while taking it, it can cut down on the acne problem. I've only had experience with B complex and fish oil. I can't say if it helped with my hair growth at all but the fish oil made my hair and skin look healthier. Again, these are only options I can give so you can ask your doctor about them. I don't feel comfortable telling someone what supplements they could take. Good luck with your hair journey and welcome to LHC :)

Thank you so much.I think I will see my doctor first...sorry for my bad English...l hope I will improve it with LHC beside taking care of my hair✌

lapushka
February 27th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Hello LHCers...
I am new here and I want to try some supplements to help with shedding and encourage growing but my skin is acne prone?
Any suggestions?

Some shedding is absolutely *normal*, we all shed! Not shedding is never going to happen. It's part of the whole cycle of having hair in the first place. About 100 hairs a day = normal.

If you shed so much your hair is thinning, then I would suggest going to your doctor and getting checked out (bloodwork). It could be anything, from a simple vitamin deficiency (iron!) to thyroid issues if you shed beyond normal.

Secondly of all, don't just start taking supplements for the hell of it. It's not going to make your hair magically "grow" more. If that's why you want to take supplements, don't do it. It's not worth risking your health over. Many of those hair, skin & nail vitamins have excessive amounts of biotin and that is not good for you (or your kidneys) and it can even "encourage" acne.

Welcome to LHC! :D