PDA

View Full Version : Most hydrating conditioner recs

Gilly
February 23rd, 2017, 09:39 PM
Hi,
My hair has become a real pain lately, it is snapping and is really fluffy with no definition.
I am not sure but I think the snapping means too much protein, not sure about the fluffy aspect of it though.

lapushka
February 24th, 2017, 04:32 AM
If you want *very* moisturizing conditioners and don't want to break the bank, look for conditioners for dry, damaged hair. The Herbal Essences Hello Hydration is targeted towards that, for instance. It happens to be my HG conditioner.

Do you typically use a lot of conditioners with heavy protein?

When's the last time you clarify-washed?

Gilly
February 24th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Hi, I have been using a lot of protein conditioners and that is the problem, I have done a clarifying wash and used a deep treatment (Everescents Deep treatment) which is a hydrating treatment and it has already improved so I think I am on the right track!
Thanks for your help

ephemeri
February 24th, 2017, 04:42 PM
You could always try an SMT! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128)

I'm also partial to Shea Moisture's treatment masques, the mafura oil and manuka honey one in particular. I've also been using a Hask Naturals packet (the purple one?) recently for deep conditioning and I really love it.

Obsidian
February 24th, 2017, 07:03 PM
I second hello hydration, it one of my two favorites. Another I really like is aussie mega moist.

vega
February 24th, 2017, 07:08 PM
If your near lush try there haircare range I'm using there seanik shampoo bar followed by big conditioner bar very hydrating and nourishing fixed my hair

Mrstran
February 26th, 2017, 11:07 AM
My hair was similar to yours. Snapping, fluffy, dry, I couldn't do anything with it and I hated how it felt. I condition twice with Nexxus moisturizing conditioner and let it sit for 5-7 minutes. I leave a little of the Nexxus in and apply a hair mask. I'm using Garnier whole blends repairing mask ( and oh am I in love with this mask) I leave that in for a few minutes and rinse. After my hair air dries I use a bit of Pantiene smooth frizz fixing serum.
Though, this might be a little heavy for you; as my hair is badly damaged, when using the right amounts and timing, this routine works great for getting hair that looks and feels healthy. At least in my case.

let me clairify and correct. Healthy.

For virgin feeling hair, I'll have to grow it.