PDA

View Full Version : All The Colours

Crystawni
February 23rd, 2017, 09:30 PM
I have multi-coloured hair of the virgin kind; the reason hair dyes are a no-go. Try and match this to minimise visible regrowth... :brains: My head sprouts white, silver, strawberry blonde, coppery red, dark brown and a few blacks.

https://i.imgur.com/UH4ZCif.jpg

Closeups, showing the lighter to darker side of things.

https://i.imgur.com/tDre0Re.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/W78UdQs.jpg

I've come to love all my colours, but did have bumps along the way transitioning from all-coppery (bub--okay, don't really remember too much...) to darker strawberry blonde (kidlett--redheads of any flavour were not preferred during my school years), to coppery again (teens to early 20s--frosting was my friend), then darker (preggo years) with incoming whites (KIDS!! :p). Does anyone else have a mop of many colours, and do you accept it or roll over and dye? Also, do you find it has different thicknesses and textures, or porosity? My silvers can be thicker, and my whites can get their curl on a little more than the rest, and both are non-porous and also dry very, very fast, as in they're dry once I remove my towel or turbie while the rest of my hair is dripping wet...

school of fish
February 23rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
I never get tired of seeing your natural rainbow hair Crystawni! That seriously couldn't be reproduced outside of nature and it's so uniquely gorgeous!!! I just love your hair!

Myself, I roll over onto the henna paste :p I have naturally blonette hair that bleaches gold very easily in the sun (even more easily with Sun-In) but I haven't seen any of it outside of roots for well over a decade now. I have a fair amount of white concentrated on my canopy (I'd estimate about 20%) which gives the impression of deliberate firey highlights against a cherry cola base, which I enjoy muchly. The effect is, for the time being, worth the effort to maintain ;)

ETA: My dark underlayer is growing in quite wavy since my second child but my canopy, the mostly white bits, remain doggedly straight. They are, however, somehow, at the same time, thicker and almost kinky - like really stretched-out 4-texture hair... that reads straight to average eye... how does that even happen??!! :p

Kae612
February 23rd, 2017, 09:52 PM
WOW so beautiful, I'm amazed that's completely natural, it looks so amazing. I love all the colours! :o

Crystawni
February 23rd, 2017, 11:35 PM
I never get tired of seeing your natural rainbow hair Crystawni! That seriously couldn't be reproduced outside of nature and it's so uniquely gorgeous!!! I just love your hair!

Myself, I roll over onto the henna paste :p I have naturally blonette hair that bleaches gold very easily in the sun (even more easily with Sun-In) but I haven't seen any of it outside of roots for well over a decade now. I have a fair amount of white concentrated on my canopy (I'd estimate about 20%) which gives the impression of deliberate firey highlights against a cherry cola base, which I enjoy muchly. The effect is, for the time being, worth the effort to maintain ;)

ETA: My dark underlayer is growing in quite wavy since my second child but my canopy, the mostly white bits, remain doggedly straight. They are, however, somehow, at the same time, thicker and almost kinky - like really stretched-out 4-texture hair... that reads straight to average eye... how does that even happen??!! :p

Oh gosh, thank you, school of fish! :flowers: I love the sound of your fiery highlights teamed with cherry cola! Mmm mmm. I actually find it hard to imagine what's lurking beneath that! And yeaaaaaaaah, my underlayer is my wavier zone now (double the waves and curls of the canopy), but that's where the majority of my whites are. :lol: Weirdo hair we have. :p As for your kinkies--blame the kids. I would. :D Do they start behaving like the rest as they grow out? (<<talking about hairs here, although it applies to kids too... hehe) I find some of my silvers can be like that for the first few inches (they're also more likely to act like antennas, too... gah!)

WOW so beautiful, I'm amazed that's completely natural, it looks so amazing. I love all the colours! :o

Ta muchly, Kae612! :blossom: It's probably something we don't see all that often due to the prevalence of colouring, coverings, cropped dos and other social, geographical and/or religious norms.

Having a good spread of colours is probably why I don't see greying as an issue, either. Whites and silvers are just another couple of shades to add to the mix. :stirpot:

lunasea
February 23rd, 2017, 11:44 PM
Why would you even show that gorgeous multicolor mess to someone with basic boring hair like me? WHY. :justy: :lala: :p

truepeacenik
February 23rd, 2017, 11:52 PM
Mm, my silvers/sandies are trying to form a stripe.
I get black hair on my legs occasionally. Perhaps it's the closest I get to your fabulousness.

likelikepenny
February 24th, 2017, 04:58 AM
Your hair colour is amazing :thudpile:

school of fish
February 24th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Oh gosh, thank you, school of fish! :flowers: I love the sound of your fiery highlights teamed with cherry cola! Mmm mmm. I actually find it hard to imagine what's lurking beneath that! And yeaaaaaaaah, my underlayer is my wavier zone now (double the waves and curls of the canopy), but that's where the majority of my whites are. :lol: Weirdo hair we have. :p As for your kinkies--blame the kids. I would. :D Do they start behaving like the rest as they grow out? (<<talking about hairs here, although it applies to kids too... hehe) I find some of my silvers can be like that for the first few inches (they're also more likely to act like antennas, too...

I'm still trying to figure out how those whites behave, haha!! I started going white early, in my late teens, but they've been molasses-slow in taking hold (I'm mid-forties now). The white hairs started 10 years before I had my first, but I'm still going to blame them both because that's just solid parenting policy :p :p :p

What I do notice about the white hairs is that they're coarser and very cobwebby. That top layer really likes to grab together overtop of the more slippy underlayer, often wnds from the right side velcroing to ends on the left side, meeting in the centre back. I think I shall think of it as a protective tangle-net instead of the fragile tangle-nest that it actually is - less depressing that way ;)

rmani
February 24th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Now that I've greyed significantly I have a multitude of colours. The nape of my neck is similar to my childhood colour (black-brown). I have 2 distinct white stripes on each side similar to yours. The rest is peppered with white, silver, black, brown and red.

After 8 months of growing out roots, I saw a hairdresser who spent a lot of time (and a lot of my money LOL) bleaching out sections of the coloured ends to match my natural hues. It was worth it because it allowed me more time and length before chopping those ends off. I got another 8 months out of those ends and my natural hair to SL at my big chop.

Very similar to you - They are all different textures (straight to coils) but all low-zero porosity and coarse (thick to very thick). I also have a lot of hair - my pony tail circumference is 4.5 inches :0

Personally I will not colour ever again. Colour never really took well as it is really hard to penetrate that cuticle! Also, I love my natural colour and now I know how to care of it (somewhat!). People would question why I would want my grey roots but now all I get are compliments on the colours.

maborosi
February 24th, 2017, 07:39 AM
That is REALLY cool!
Your hair is so neat!

vampyyri
February 24th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! :thud: so many beautiful colors!

This is why I'm really excited for my first silvers to show up, they're just so beautiful! I likely won't get a single one until I'm at least 60 thanks to my genetics (my mom passed at 58 without a single silver, my dad didn't get any until he was 67), and I'm kind of disappointed by that :lol:

triumphator!
February 24th, 2017, 07:53 AM
Here I was thinking you were bleaching a stripe! Your hair is fabulous. You're like Rogue from X-men!

My hair is a mixture of brown, black, and red, but all in shades very close together, if you get what I mean. It's not too noticeable. I do have EXACTLY two silvers :D

Mrstran
February 24th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Every time I see your hair on these threads I can't help but stop and admire. It is gorgeous.
You are so lucky.

spidermom
February 24th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Your colors are really gorgeous, Crystawni. I've seen all the colors in my hair, pretty much all the textures, too, but most of them used to be a bland golden beige-blonde, now more a silvery beige-blonde. I used to see individual hairs that were fiery red, raven black, chestnut, etc, etc. Now all I see is silver, white, and beige. Don't go by my sig pic; it's at least 10 years old.

Crystawni
February 25th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Thank you all so very much! I'm wow'd, and truly blushing!

Why would you even show that gorgeous multicolor mess to someone with basic boring hair like me? WHY. :justy: :lala: :p

And why the heck would you think yours is basic boring? :wigtongue My hubs says I'm reverting to the blonde he met (my hair was frosted back then), and is excited by all the morphing. I'd love to have the soft hues of yours once the darker hairs have gone bye bye.

Mm, my silvers/sandies are trying to form a stripe.
I get black hair on my legs occasionally. Pathways the closest I get to your fabulousness.

Hehe, from chaos comes conformity. With your colouring, it must puzzle people who'd think it was an expensive dye job. And yeeeeeeeeus! I get stray blacks on my upper legs. Only blacks, and they're striving to be longhairs. I wonder if they count as length markers..? :whistle:

Your hair colour is amazing :thudpile:

Good gravy, stop falling over yourself, oh one of awesome curls!

I'm still trying to figure out how those whites behave, haha!! I started going white early, in my late teens, but they've been molasses-slow in taking hold (I'm mid-forties now). The white hairs started 10 years before I had my first, but I'm still going to blame them both because that's just solid parenting policy :p :p

What I do notice about the white hairs is that they're coarser and very cobwebby. That top layer really likes to grab together overtop of the more slippy underlayer, often wnds from the right side velcroing to ends on the left side, meeting in the centre back. I think I shall think of it as a protective tangle-net instead of the fragile tangle-nest that it actually is - less depressing that way ;)

I get the cobwebs underneath--they make hanging braids and ponytails a PITA. Yours sounds much more useful. :knit: (<<scarf in the making) And heck yes, your whites must be shy. Mine have been coming in for, um, almost 24 years now--I'll be 50 in September. Shhhhh. No telling. It's just between you, and me, and the internetz...

Crystawni
February 25th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Now that I've greyed significantly I have a multitude of colours. The nape of my neck is similar to my childhood colour (black-brown). I have 2 distinct white stripes on each side similar to yours. The rest is peppered with white, silver, black, brown and red.

After 8 months of growing out roots, I saw a hairdresser who spent a lot of time (and a lot of my money LOL) bleaching out sections of the coloured ends to match my natural hues. It was worth it because it allowed me more time and length before chopping those ends off. I got another 8 months out of those ends and my natural hair to SL at my big chop.

Very similar to you - They are all different textures (straight to coils) but all low-zero porosity and coarse (thick to very thick). I also have a lot of hair - my pony tail circumference is 4.5 inches :0

Personally I will not colour ever again. Colour never really took well as it is really hard to penetrate that cuticle! Also, I love my natural colour and now I know how to care of it (somewhat!). People would question why I would want my grey roots but now all I get are compliments on the colours.

Yours sounds sooooo cool! And kudos for getting the matchup! That's a lot of artistic patience (and money!!)! And like you, I have a fair bit of it (pony straddles 4"), although mine is fine. Any chance of any pics of how it is now?

That is REALLY cool!
Your hair is so neat!

Says she that sports a river of burning desire! (Yeah, I love your hair!)

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! :thud: so many beautiful colors!

This is why I'm really excited for my first silvers to show up, they're just so beautiful! I likely won't get a single one until I'm at least 60 thanks to my genetics (my mom passed at 58 without a single silver, my dad didn't get any until he was 67), and I'm kind of disappointed by that :lol:

vampyyri, your blonde would have a few different hues already, wouldn't it?

Here I was thinking you were bleaching a stripe! Your hair is fabulous. You're like Rogue from X-men!

My hair is a mixture of brown, black, and red, but all in shades very close together, if you get what I mean. It's not too noticeable. I do have EXACTLY two silvers :D

Your hair sounds very rich, especially with its elegantly understated smattering of two silvers. :D Pics?!

Every time I see your hair on these threads I can't help but stop and admire. It is gorgeous.
You are so lucky.

And yet for years I wasn't a fan of the colour and mischievous texture. LHC has been like a wonderful, warm hug that embraces all kinds of uniqueness, with hints and tricks at the ready for when our uniqueness befuddles us. I must admit, a bit more length has helped bring out the betterness (is soooo a word) of my own mop, and I can't wait to see where your own journey takes you!

Your colors are really gorgeous, Crystawni. I've seen all the colors in my hair, pretty much all the textures, too, but most of them used to be a bland golden beige-blonde, now more a silvery beige-blonde. I used to see individual hairs that were fiery red, raven black, chestnut, etc, etc. Now all I see is silver, white, and beige. Don't go by my sig pic; it's at least 10 years old.

Golden beige-blonde is only bland to the beholder, I reckon! To me, it's soft, and full of light. And now that yours has more of a silvery hue (I've spied it elsewhere on the forum), it must be deliciously sparkly up close that plays with that gentle softness! It's weird to think we can have so many colours on one head--it certainly wasn't something I'd known about (I'm adopted, so it's all news to me).

As for the up-close stuff, I knew I was shedding a fair few of my dark brown hairs lately, and was sad actually (thinking there weren't that many in the first place) until I saw the rest of them hanging around against my lighter clothing. Thus the pics, plus, as my sight is pretty useless, magnification in photos is my friend. :wethree:

lapushka
February 25th, 2017, 04:19 AM
It's an array of colors that makes it uniquely you. :D :thumbsup:

Zebra Fish
February 25th, 2017, 12:56 PM

I agree here!

I just love seeing your hair pictures in all variations - updoes or down coz it is so wonderful. I don't think you can get that with colouring even if you want :p I find your hair to be so unique!

-Fern
February 25th, 2017, 06:27 PM
I adore your hair, Crystawni! I also have multi-colored hair, though I usually just tell people I match my tortoiseshell cat. I have blonde, brown, coppery red, deep red and silver's. They tend to grow in clumps, so when my hair is down it's not as noticeable, but when I wear my hair up, the streaks are pretty prominent. I get complimented every few months by strangers who want to know who my colorist is. Haven't come up with a snappy response yet. ^_^" I am with vampyrii, I can't wait to have more silvers!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18889&d=1441764006

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18184&d=1437837933

I used to think it was primarily sun bleaching, but that doesn't explain the blonde patch (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17726&d=1434383084) at the nape of my neck...

Kirby-oh
February 25th, 2017, 11:41 PM
I had red hair as a baby, but most of that migrated to the beard. Some blond red and brown hiding all over the place.

Crystawni
February 26th, 2017, 12:19 AM
It's an array of colors that makes it uniquely you. :D :thumbsup:

True! :grin: LHC is full of so many different types, and I tend to drool over ALL of them. Texture, colour, long or short, thick or thin. So many variations that fall in so many ways. Love it!

Funny thing is, I'm a twin. :p Sadly, my twin didn't survive birth, but given we were identical, I guess our colouring would've been pretty similar.

I agree here!

I just love seeing your hair pictures in all variations - updoes or down coz it is so wonderful. I don't think you can get that with colouring even if you want :p I find your hair to be so unique!

Thank you! :o

I adore your hair, Crystawni! I also have multi-colored hair, though I usually just tell people I match my tortoiseshell cat. I have blonde, brown, coppery red, deep red and silver's. They tend to grow in clumps, so when my hair is down it's not as noticeable, but when I wear my hair up, the streaks are pretty prominent. I get complimented every few months by strangers who want to know who my colorist is. Haven't come up with a snappy response yet. ^_^" I am with vampyrii, I can't wait to have more silvers!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18889&d=1441764006

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23796&d=1467668711

No wonder people people ask about it, Fern--that depth of colour is gorgeous! Stunning, even! I guess saying to the layman it's all virgin wouldn't go down too well... :p Do you have problems buying hairtoys (clash/match/pop), or do you find it's easier to choose, given your variations? For me, I get more choice when it comes to wearing warm and cool colours (thanks to the whites), but the hair grain can be a bit much when I wear some more detailed or busy hairtoys.

I had red hair as a baby, but most of that migrated to the beard. Some blond red and brown hiding all over the place.

That's so cool, and intriguing how colours change. I've also noticed that many beards can be red, regardless of the head hair colouring (or maybe I'm red-orientated?). My brother had blonde hair that darkened with age, but his beard was always red (speckled with blondish white later on).

rmani
February 26th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Link for hair photos...

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BVLM/library/?sort=3&page=1

lighting doesn't do the colours justice but you get the jist!

-Fern
February 26th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Thank you, Crystawni!! :o

Link for hair photos...

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/BVLM/library/?sort=3&page=1

I particularly love how it shows up in your Dutch braid! Beautiful!

rmani
February 26th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I particularly love how it shows up in your Dutch braid! Beautiful!

Thanks! It's my go-to style - so easy and like you said really brings out the colours.

Crystawni
February 27th, 2017, 08:31 PM
I love the grain and soft, healthy sheen of your hair, rmani!

rmani
February 28th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I love the grain and soft, healthy sheen of your hair, rmani!

Thanks! It took a while to get used to the coarseness of the greys but now I think I have the hang of it!