PDA

View Full Version : S&D first time ever tomorrow but worried about messing up the length

Leighash
February 23rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
Hello, so I've ordered hair scissors and tomorrow I'm going to be doing my first ever search and destroy mission.
ive got heat damaged, bleached hair and considering I had my last trim two weeks ago my hair is a night mare! I have white dots on almost every strand and a lot of splits both through the lengths and on the ends. I'm very upset by this because I have APL hair so cutting any more off would be too much for me. Any ways, it's my first time S&D'ing and I'm concerned that by chopping off all my damage I'll make my hair un even - like not level if you get what I mean? Any advice on preventing this whilst removing so much damage??

likelikepenny
February 23rd, 2017, 02:23 PM
Hello, so I've ordered hair scissors and tomorrow I'm going to be doing my first ever search and destroy mission.
ive got heat damaged, bleached hair and considering I had my last trim two weeks ago my hair is a night mare! I have white dots on almost every strand and a lot of splits both through the lengths and on the ends. I'm very upset by this because I have APL hair so cutting any more off would be too much for me. Any ways, it's my first time S&D'ing and I'm concerned that by chopping off all my damage I'll make my hair un even - like not level if you get what I mean? Any advice on preventing this whilst removing so much damage??

You could try microtrimming and maintaining until all the damage is out. Here's the thread on it http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75468

spidermom
February 23rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Forget the S&D. Instead, do a small trim about once per month, less than 1/2 inch preferably, and spend your time doing a deep treatment instead. Your hair probably needs protein as well as moisture.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
If you have more than half of your hair covered in white dots, forget the S&D because it will thin out your hair considerably. Instead, as likelikepenny already suggested, join the microtrimming crowd and cut in increments.