PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to call my hair length

- Lizzy -
February 23rd, 2017, 08:45 AM
I am unsure of what to call my hair length. I thought it was just a little longer than apl and my goal was bsl. But I just realized I'm not sure what bsl is. Like is strap or bottom band (I thought it was bottom band but maybe that's sbl) Yeah im just trying to get the name right so I know what to call it.

Ik it doesn't really matter but it keeps me "Motivated" in a way and also since I don't really measure my hair, that's my way of measurement. Its currently at my bra straps I guess so maybe it is bsl... :hmm:

vampyyri
February 23rd, 2017, 08:46 AM
It's usually the bottom of the shoulder blades if I remember correctly, since bras don't all fall at the same place :p

spidermom
February 23rd, 2017, 08:49 AM
I agree with bottom of shoulder blades.

samanthaa
February 23rd, 2017, 08:50 AM
^ Interesting! The bottom of my shoulder blade finishes before the top of my bra band. I've never known what BSL is either personally, but I haven't had hair shorter than MBL probably for a decade now.

Obsidian
February 23rd, 2017, 09:28 AM
I have never liked the term BSL, there is just too many variables. Is your bra strap skinny or wide? Do you measure from the top or bottom of strap? or if you are like me, your BS rides up high on your back. I prefer to use body markers instead, they are consistent.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2017, 09:31 AM
I go with bottom of bra strap, myself. It fits me lower than shoulder blades, though. There's shoulder blades, and then comes the band!

Alissalocks
February 23rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
Bottom of the shoulder blades is also more inclusive to our male LHCers :) :thumbsup:

- Lizzy -
February 23rd, 2017, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info! I think I actually may have it at the bottom of my shoulder blades. This sounds weird that I didn't realize it till now. :joy:

samanthaa
February 24th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Bottom of the shoulder blades is also more inclusive to our male LHCers :) :thumbsup:

Very true! Maybe this does need to be looked at again.

vampyyri
February 24th, 2017, 09:26 AM
I think going from calling it BSL to SBL isn't too far of a stretch, just a little switcheroo in the letters :p

samanthaa
February 24th, 2017, 09:28 AM
I think going from calling it BSL to SBL isn't too far of a stretch, just a little switcheroo in the letters :p

And it also plays nicely with the fact that all other markers (except classic, but classic is classic!) are body markers.

Rowdy
February 24th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Classic corresponds with the gluteal fold right? So that's a body marker too :) Personally I think of BSL as 'boob length' on me.

Deborah
February 24th, 2017, 11:50 AM
BSL is short for 'bra strap length', and means the bottom of the bra strap. It's not a perfect designation, but it has been used on this list from the beginning. It's just a body marker. Inches are a more accurate measurement, but since we are different sizes, those inches end up at different parts of our body. There is no perfect way to compare with another person's hair.

Shoulder blades are usually closer to APL (armpit length) than to BSL.

The easiest ones to recognize I guess are SHOULDER (It's pretty easy to tell when your hair brushes your shoulders) and WAIST, since that's right where you bend, front, back and side.

-Actually, CLASSIC is pretty easy to, as it's right where your bum ends.

phoenixred
February 24th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I'm glad I've come across this thread. I'm just starting my growing journey at just below shoulder level. Next stop is SBL/VAL then!