PDA

View Full Version : Finding Ficcare Maximas style clips that AREN'T Ficcare?

akurah
March 21st, 2008, 08:11 PM
I like the look of the Maximas, but I'm curious about the other types of clips available done in similar style yet aren't actual Ficcares.

Seaching for beak clip, obviously, didn't cut the cake, since the Maximas isn't really a beak clip.

Thoughts? Advice? Help?

kwaniesiam
March 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
Claires/Icing often have fakkares, but I don't know if I've ever seen a maximas style clip there. It's worth looking, though. They're usually pretty cheap. Are you wanting to try it before you cash in for a ficcare first?

Curlsgirl
March 21st, 2008, 08:21 PM
I have seen them at CVS by Revlon and Karina both. Also I have seen them at Target and perhaps Walgreens if I am not mistaken and a few times at different Claire's in the mall. They don't work for me but maybe you'll have better luck! I need the little teeth for them to hold. Some people I hear can use them though.

prosperina
March 21st, 2008, 09:16 PM
Karina. I found a maxima style clip as well as a beak clip--they hold really well.

akurah
March 21st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Claires/Icing often have fakkares, but I don't know if I've ever seen a maximas style clip there. It's worth looking, though. They're usually pretty cheap. Are you wanting to try it before you cash in for a ficcare first?

Nope. I own two ficcares. I adore them. I just want to see what else is out there.

Stevy
April 1st, 2008, 10:05 AM
I think Evita Peroni does a bronze Maximas-alike.

capelli lunghi
April 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
Garnett just posted a Maximas like clip on the Swap Board.. I have that same clip and it is actually stronger than my real Ficcares.. I got mine for $7 at CVS Pharmacy..

Shell
April 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
I also have a beautiful fakkare on the swap board.