PDA

View Full Version : How should I measure my hair (Profile information)

- Lizzy -
February 22nd, 2017, 08:40 AM
I was a bit confused on how I am supposed to measure my hair for my profile info stuff. Could somebody explain to me how because I would like to do it correct (And it wasn't clear to me). Thank you :D

(Also sorry for posting this twice. I put it on the NEW HERE? Forum and then realized probably no one there could help me)

Anje
February 22nd, 2017, 08:50 AM
Usual method is to get a fabric tape measure and start at the center of your forehead. Measure over the top of your head and down your back to where the hair ends. This gives you numbers longer than the individual hairs, but it's relatively easy to get consistent results.

Oh, don't be alarmed if you can't edit your profile immediately. The permission level to see profiles kicks in at 25 posts.

antler_tines
February 22nd, 2017, 08:53 AM
Hi and welcome! I think most people measure from the hair line at your forehead over the crown and down to the bottom. If you don't have a soft measuring tape you could use string or yarn and then measure that.

Rhodugune
February 22nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
Hi and welcome, I do hope you will feel as much at home here a I have and to answer your question to measure the length of your hair you take a measuring tape placing it at where your hairline starts at the middle of your forehead and putting the measuring tape up over the top of your head, hanging down your back.

Then depending on if you have someone to help you measure or not, you either have them look or you can do what I do on my own, carefully gather my hair as I was putting it in a low pony tail and griping one hand below the other around both my hair and the measuring tape until I reach my ends.

Edit: It's also good to measure a couple of times and if your length varies I usually take it that it's has grown a number in between.

Anje
February 22nd, 2017, 12:26 PM
Hi and welcome! I think most people measure from the hair line at your forehead over the crown and down to the bottom. If you don't have a soft measuring tape you could use string or yarn and then measure that.

Tricky thing about yarn is that it's quite stretchy.