PDA

View Full Version : 5 years of growing- 6 years of LHC

maborosi
February 21st, 2017, 12:23 PM
Well, I had planned a long, rambling post about how I've spent 6 years on this forum and 5 years growing out my hair, but, I don't know! I just felt like keeping it shorter and simpler and showing my pictures instead.
Apologies in advance- some of the pictures are a little bit huge.
In 2012, I decided to cut my waist-length hair to a bob...It wasn't really a planned cut. It was very spur-of-the-moment. I was agitated by the state of my hair and lopped it off from 31" to 16".

From that moment, I knew I wanted to grow my hair long again. My intial plan was to grow to hip, which was around 36" on me. It seemed like a nice, ideal hair length.
I started a hair blog to document my efforts to regain my long hair!
Of course, due to the "LHC effect", once I actually grew my hair to hip, I knew I couldn't stop there.
My next goal was classic, which, while I haven't totally reached yet, I have a few straggler hairs that have made it there. :)

Beyond classic length was never really something I'd ever considered. In fact, looking through some of my old posts, I found a few where I had said anything beyond hip length would be "too long" for me.
HAHA! How the tables have turned! :lol:

What's next, then?
I have been eyeing mid-thigh to knee length now, after having fallen in love with the look on many members here and outside of LHC, as well!
Though I'm sure those new lengths will present their own challenges, I am excited to see where my hair will grow to next!

Here are some pictures of my hair throughout my hair growth journey!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-baf20lKJihA/T0V251-7rBI/AAAAAAAAAAU/HNB0Lwiqcg0/s1600/IMAG0857.jpg
My hair at 16" in 2/2012, just a few days after cutting my hair short.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j1vMS_fhSUA/USblaJUVSoI/AAAAAAAAAC4/0ObP7vbElz4/s1600/2013-2.jpg
The following year, in 2/2013, my hair was at 22".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EyhCHui6-Wg/U1Q3iMM1X2I/AAAAAAAAAG0/HP0047Uny1c/s1600/2014-2.jpg
In 2/2014, my hair didn't see a big gain in length- I was at 24.5"- but I had been maintaining the straightest hemline I could.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B8FCpX--FHI/VT1b65oCeKI/AAAAAAAAAMs/eWYqFDrOciU/s1600/2015-4.jpg
This picture is from 4/2015, when my hair measured 32.5"

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G1gzPRldrBk/VsjcborCXnI/AAAAAAAAARo/NO827p803oY/s1600/2016-2.jpg
This is last Feburary- 2/2016. My hair was at 36.5". (Egads this is a blurry length shot, lol)

And of course, my picture from today- my hair measuring at 42".

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r60RvDGLrxY/WKyN7ttsJ-I/AAAAAAAAAac/z1occ6gv1sIE4jlipcWk6vbWNgeEm1aIACLcB/s1600/2017-2.jpg

At this length, my hair is starting to have a bit more noticeable tapering.
I usually do my actual hemline cuts in about May or so, but I might bump it up a bit earlier this year.

I don't believe I am near my terminal length really, but I haven't done a proper cut in several months, at least. I've just been doing little microtrims if I see any split-ends.
I do believe I can probably grow close to knee if I really wanted to! That's a little ways off for me, yet! :lol:
But for now, I think that by the end of the year, I'll probably be closer to mid-thigh length if I don't cut too much off. :)

Decemberrose
February 21st, 2017, 12:52 PM
Wow amazing growth! Is that your real haircolor? It's stunning 😱

Serimel
February 21st, 2017, 12:57 PM
Woaah the way your hair has evolved is amazing, it's gorgeous! Hard to believe it's the same head in the first and last photo. Congratulations on 6 years in lhc :3

draysmir
February 21st, 2017, 12:59 PM
Wow, your hair is so beautiful! I have to say, while it appears you obviously grew out your dyed hair, I think your natural hair colour with half black at the bottom actually looked so cool! And I agree, I definitely don't think you're near your terminal length yet. Your hair grew so fast between 2014-2015 and also in just this past year, I'm sure you will be able to make it to around mid-thigh length by this time next year :)

Fru fru
February 21st, 2017, 01:11 PM
I always admire your hair maborosi, the blunt hemline and the lovely colour. Congratulations on such amazing progress!

maborosi
February 21st, 2017, 01:24 PM
Woaah the way your hair has evolved is amazing, it's gorgeous! Hard to believe it's the same head in the first and last photo. Congratulations on 6 years in lhc :3

Thank you so much!! :D

Wow, your hair is so beautiful! I have to say, while it appears you obviously grew out your dyed hair, I think your natural hair colour with half black at the bottom actually looked so cool! And I agree, I definitely don't think you're near your terminal length yet. Your hair grew so fast between 2014-2015 and also in just this past year, I'm sure you will be able to make it to around mid-thigh length by this time next year :)

Wow amazing growth! Is that your real haircolor? It's stunning 😱

Thank you guys! I use henna- right now just Rusalki on the roots every couple of weeks.
I really sometimes miss the reverse-ombre effect. Right now, the last 3 feet or so of my hair have been bleached and they make a noticeable gradient. It's kind of cool, but I somtimes miss having black ends.
Now, only a slight trace of them remains...

I always admire your hair maborosi, the blunt hemline and the lovely colour. Congratulations on such amazing progress!

Fru fru, that is really nice of you!!! Thank you! :D

Mrstran
February 21st, 2017, 01:56 PM
I love your hair! And that growth between 14-15 is just insane :bigeyes:
I'd love to get that in a year.

kittengirl
February 21st, 2017, 02:02 PM
So beautiful! I love these posts; they give me hope for my hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2017, 02:15 PM
Maborosi, your hair is SO BEAUTIFUL! Plus you have had spectacular growth! Happy hairiversary :D

vampyyri
February 21st, 2017, 02:18 PM
Holy crudmoley that's amazing progress!! Congrats, it looks gorgeous!

Llama
February 21st, 2017, 03:05 PM
Amazing growth and your hair is so beautiful!

lapis_lazuli
February 21st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!!! Great progress - it's so beautiful :)

lapushka
February 21st, 2017, 03:21 PM
Ha! Looks like you reached classic. Congratulations! :D :cheer:

And happy anniversary. :D

Aidin
February 21st, 2017, 03:45 PM
Amazing! Thanks for the inspiring post :)

ephemeri
February 21st, 2017, 04:09 PM
Serious inspiration!

And as everyone has already said, the amount of growth you got after 2014 is astounding!! So healthy looking, nice job!! :o

Beatnik Guy
February 21st, 2017, 05:25 PM
:thudpile:
Happy hairiversary. :)

school of fish
February 21st, 2017, 06:11 PM
Truly spectacular! Happy anniversary :D

pailin
February 21st, 2017, 06:48 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, and I love your avatar too. Congratulations!

Aredhel
February 21st, 2017, 08:13 PM
Your hair is amazing! I've been so discouraged about the condition of mine lately, and the wait for it to grow... you've definitely inspired me. :)

OUKess
February 21st, 2017, 08:16 PM
Beautiful hair maborosi!! Awesome growth!!

maborosi
February 21st, 2017, 10:31 PM
I love your hair! And that growth between 14-15 is just insane :bigeyes:
I'd love to get that in a year.

Serious inspiration!

And as everyone has already said, the amount of growth you got after 2014 is astounding!! So healthy looking, nice job!! :o

I can remember between 2014 and 2015, I don't know what it was, but I remember getting a TON more growth in that timeframe than I expected.
I believe my hair grows slightly faster than average. I have no good way to actually quantify this because I do trim frequently- whenever I notice splits I probably dust off 1/4 or more of an inch.
But I think that it has to grow a bit more than 1/2 an inch per month because I've noticed I can easily get 6" a year even with drastic hemline cuts where I take off close to an inch at least once or twice a year...

I wonder if I stopped trimming altogether, how fast it would grow. Though I am very particular about my hemline so this probably not going to be an experiment for me!

Ha! Looks like you reached classic. Congratulations! :D :cheer:

And happy anniversary. :D

I am calling it classic because of my hairversary, but I think I'll be closer to true classic in time for my birthday in April! :D

So beautiful! I love these posts; they give me hope for my hair.

Maborosi, your hair is SO BEAUTIFUL! Plus you have had spectacular growth! Happy hairiversary :D

Holy crudmoley that's amazing progress!! Congrats, it looks gorgeous!

Amazing growth and your hair is so beautiful!

Amazing! Thanks for the inspiring post

:thudpile:
Happy hairiversary.

Truly spectacular! Happy anniversary

Your hair is gorgeous, and I love your avatar too. Congratulations!

Your hair is amazing! I've been so discouraged about the condition of mine lately, and the wait for it to grow... you've definitely inspired me.

Beautiful hair maborosi!! Awesome growth!!

Thank you all so much!
I have really wanted to post this thread, and I have been maintaining my blog because I have really wanted to show my progress for other people to encourage them to try to grow their hair!

You know, what surprises me is how often people think I've "never cut my hair" or I must have some spectacular hair when, honestly, neither of those things are true!
When I was growing my hair out, I always kind of had it in the back of my mind that my hair could never reach a length like hip or classic, and still look OK. Heck, I wasn't even sure if I would have been able to grow to classic at all, period!
I wanted to keep a log to show myself that my hair really was growing, and to show people that, yes, you can grow from a chin-length bob to super long hair!

morrigan*
February 21st, 2017, 11:19 PM
Amazing growth

hypersensitive
February 22nd, 2017, 12:03 AM
Gorgeous! Congrats!

_fred_
February 22nd, 2017, 12:59 AM
Wow! It's fascinating to see your progress year on year, thank you for posting this. Your hair is so gorgeous! Such great condition, and a lovely colour.

TatsuOni
February 22nd, 2017, 03:53 AM
Congrats! You have such beautiful hair!

embee
February 22nd, 2017, 05:01 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, your hair is lovely! :)

Hailwidis
February 22nd, 2017, 07:00 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is such an inspiration.

spidermom
February 22nd, 2017, 07:27 AM
Very pretty long hair

Nymphe
February 22nd, 2017, 09:09 AM
A vibrant, shiny sheet of flame, lovely! I agree, the black ends were stellar.

Kae612
February 22nd, 2017, 09:28 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour so much!! (Although I do like the black ends, that looked awesome - I know they make some rinse-out or semi blacks if you miss them but don't want permanent black).

It's really impressive how clean across you've kept your hemline. I like fairytale ends too, but all of your pictures look like fresh cuts, very healthy and straight across. I wonder if your regular trimming helped you keep the length, preventing splits travelling up?

Ah your hair is so pretty & awesome, I love it!! :)

maborosi
February 22nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
Amazing growth

Gorgeous! Congrats!

Wow! It's fascinating to see your progress year on year, thank you for posting this. Your hair is so gorgeous! Such great condition, and a lovely colour.

Congrats! You have such beautiful hair!

Congratulations on your anniversary, your hair is lovely! :)

Congratulations! Your hair is such an inspiration.

Very pretty long hair

A vibrant, shiny sheet of flame, lovely! I agree, the black ends were stellar.

Thank you everyone so much! :)

Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour so much!! (Although I do like the black ends, that looked awesome - I know they make some rinse-out or semi blacks if you miss them but don't want permanent black).

It's really impressive how clean across you've kept your hemline. I like fairytale ends too, but all of your pictures look like fresh cuts, very healthy and straight across. I wonder if your regular trimming helped you keep the length, preventing splits travelling up?

Ah your hair is so pretty & awesome, I love it!! :)

Good question! I imagine nipping splits before they could travel up could definitely help the length of the hair!

Borgessa
February 23rd, 2017, 01:35 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

enterafox
February 23rd, 2017, 05:56 AM
That is insanely good! And it looks so lovely and healthy too! Amazing!!

maborosi
February 24th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

That is insanely good! And it looks so lovely and healthy too! Amazing!!

Thank you guys :o

arwenofgondor
February 24th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Thank you so much for this post. I was itching to cut my hair, and your beautiful locks have given me hope! Seriously that color is gorgeous and I love that ombre!

pamrlyn
February 24th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Such beautiful Hair! Nice Growing maborosi
:thud:

Britok
February 24th, 2017, 04:48 PM
That's amazing! Your hair is beautiful!

I wonder why you gained so little length the year you were between APL and bra strap length, but then it exploded the following year. Is that a common thing? I feel stuck just barely at arm pit length

- Lizzy -
February 24th, 2017, 05:56 PM
wow. Your hair is beautiful!! :bow: So healthy and smooth! what's your secret :wink:

DawnTR
February 25th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Wow!! I can't stop looking at your photos. Your hair is gorgeous and what an inspiration! Thanks for posting this so we enjoy your transformation. Truly inspirational. Definitely checking out your blog. Congratulations!

Rebel Rebel
February 25th, 2017, 01:24 PM
So that's how you grow out hair dye! Incredible progression pics! Absolutely beautiful hair and color.

Komao
February 25th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! Love to see then and now pictures.

lovetoread
February 26th, 2017, 03:32 PM
:bigeyes::agape: Your hair is beautiful and looks so healthy, and that color is gorgeous.

saddamna
February 26th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Wow...congrats💐

maborosi
February 27th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Thank you so much for this post. I was itching to cut my hair, and your beautiful locks have given me hope! Seriously that color is gorgeous and I love that ombre!

Thank you! This makes me really happy!

Such beautiful Hair! Nice Growing maborosi
:thud:

Thank you!! :o

That's amazing! Your hair is beautiful!

I wonder why you gained so little length the year you were between APL and bra strap length, but then it exploded the following year. Is that a common thing? I feel stuck just barely at arm pit length

Good question- I think during that time I was pretty adamant about maintaining a blunt hemline.
So, I ended up cutting quite a bit of growth during that period.
I remember my hemline was a strange shape for a little while, so I trimmed a lot more than I would have otherwise.

wow. Your hair is beautiful!! :bow: So healthy and smooth! what's your secret :wink:

Wow!! I can't stop looking at your photos. Your hair is gorgeous and what an inspiration! Thanks for posting this so we enjoy your transformation. Truly inspirational. Definitely checking out your blog. Congratulations!

Your hair looks fantastic! Love to see then and now pictures.

So that's how you grow out hair dye! Incredible progression pics! Absolutely beautiful hair and color.

Thank you!!! I am really happy people liked seeing my before and after photos!
It's my favorite part!

Sometimes I would feel like my hair wasn't growing, but when I look back at my pictures, and see that it definitely had, I feel so much better.

:bigeyes::agape: Your hair is beautiful and looks so healthy, and that color is gorgeous.

Wow...congrats💐

Thank you!! :D

pili
February 28th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Gorgeous hair and growth! I love your color.

Groovy Granny
February 28th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Congrats ~ AMAZING growth and results :thud:

littlestarface
February 28th, 2017, 12:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-j1vMS_fhSUA/USblaJUVSoI/AAAAAAAAAC4/0ObP7vbElz4/s1600/2013-2.jpg
The following year, in 2/2013, my hair was at 22".

My god what a difference! Your hair is my dream but I have to say I AM IN LOVE with that kitty decal above your door!:inlove: It's so cute!!!! :3

saddamna
February 28th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Since feb 21 I keep come to see yuor hair...It's so beautiful.

saddamna
February 28th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Since feb 21 I keep coming to see your hair...It's so beautiful.

Elizabeth E
March 29th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Congratulations, your hair is beautiful! I really hope my hair would grow that much in 5 years!

Katsura
March 29th, 2018, 02:58 AM
Your hair is simply dreamy.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 31st, 2018, 10:46 PM
Congratulations :thudpile: