PDA

View Full Version : Bleach then Auburn Henna?

morgue
February 20th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Hey ladies,

Im having a predicament. I don't know whether to go with bleaching my hair then going to henna because I have such a problem with my dye fading. I wouldn't put henna over my dark brown hair since I go for a ginger look but has anyone else done this?

I'm kinda afraid of the commitment with henna but I figure that dying my hair with henna would be healthier than lightening my hair to a orange color with lifting dye + touch ups.

any help is appreciated! B)

reilly0167
February 20th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Before i started henna my hair is dark brown and I dyed it dark brown to cover some grays. When I decided to henna and wanted the henna color to be noticeable I prelightened gradually to get to a level I wanted so I can henna. But, you have to ask yourself, are you willing to do the up keep of prelightening your roots to match the rest of your hair? Because that is what I do and doing it ever since.so yes its a commitment. Henna is forever. I recommend strand testing. Happy hennaing

suzette
July 9th, 2019, 03:14 AM
Hi, do you think I should prelighten my dyed brown hair so that when I henna my gray roots blend in easier?

suzette
July 18th, 2019, 04:57 PM
I have used the vitamin c method multiple times since june, as well as honey lightening treatments, in an effort to lighten my dyed dark brown hair, before henna. I lightened a couple shades to a reddish orangey brown. My grey roots have been growing since june and today I just got tired of lightening and waiting so I am sitting now with 3parts cassia and 1part red raj. It's only been on an hour so I won't see results for a while. I am worried though because when I washed the henna splotches off my skin, I didn't see any dyed spots so I don't know if I diluted the henna with too much cassia or dye release didn't happen. I mixed with warm/hot distilled water and 2 tbs alo vera powder. IDK. This is my first time.

lapushka
July 18th, 2019, 05:05 PM
I have used the vitamin c method multiple times since june, as well as honey lightening treatments, in an effort to lighten my dyed dark brown hair, before henna. I lightened a couple shades to a reddish orangey brown. My grey roots have been growing since june and today I just got tired of lightening and waiting so I am sitting now with 3parts cassia and 1part red raj. It's only been on an hour so I won't see results for a while. I am worried though because when I washed the henna splotches off my skin, I didn't see any dyed spots so I don't know if I diluted the henna with too much cassia or dye release didn't happen. I mixed with warm/hot distilled water and 2 tbs alo vera powder. IDK. This is my first time.

Did you... strand test?

akurah
July 20th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Hey ladies,

Im having a predicament. I don't know whether to go with bleaching my hair then going to henna because I have such a problem with my dye fading. I wouldn't put henna over my dark brown hair since I go for a ginger look but has anyone else done this?

I'm kinda afraid of the commitment with henna but I figure that dying my hair with henna would be healthier than lightening my hair to a orange color with lifting dye + touch ups.

any help is appreciated! B)

If you're unwilling to put henna on your virgin hair, if you bleach then henna? You're gonna have the same problem with your roots + henna. Unless you're ok with your roots not matching, you're gonna have to bleach every time you do your roots.

Bleach is really bad for hair, I can't stress this enough. Henna is not enough to reverse the damage. While I am neither a hair stylist or hair chemist, my gut reaction is that using a lifting dye+touch ups is going to be less damaging to your hair than bleach, and is worth confirming with a stylist (if you ask the stylist, leave out the henna part of the question, they may not know anything about henna other than "Metallic Salts", which is trouble for stylists).