PDA

View Full Version : Matching eyebrows to red hair...?

Messyhair
February 20th, 2017, 09:36 AM
I dye my hair a dark red but my eyebrows are light blond - they don't even match my natural dark blond/light brown hair. They're basically invisible, which looks very off with the dark hair. I dye them black fornow, but it's still not the best match, so I want to find out what others do.

So all you reds out there - what colour are your brows?

school of fish
February 20th, 2017, 10:43 AM
I'm similar - deep henna auburn and very light sparse blonette eyebrows that 'disappear' in relation to the colour saturation of my hair.

I draw mine on with makeup - a reddish brown that tones with the haircolour and balances everything out. But then I'm a daily makeup wearer and I do a rather full face application, so that may or may not fit in with your aesthetic and lifestyle :)

Anje
February 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Natural auburn here. All my life, my eyebrows have been dark brown to soft black and didn't match my hair AT ALL. Honestly, redheads rarely have red eyebrows. The lighter ones usually have blondish, the darker ones like me tend to have dark brows. Not much in between.

morgue
February 20th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I dye my hair dark auburn (since my hair was blonde before, it sometimes lightens to strawberry blonde), but my eyebrows are black, yet I fill them in with dark brown pomade.

PixieP
February 20th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I've finally found an eyebrow dye that works for me, it's brown, but a warm brown. It doesn't make my brows look red, but my briefs are naturally a cold blonde that looks weird with my brows. I'm not sure if the brand is available outside of Scandinavia though : https://www.vita.no/makeup/spesialprodukter/kolokrem-permanent-perm-farge-brun

But any dye that is a warm brown should do the trick :) it looks really natural and nice for me!

lapushka
February 20th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I have dark ashy brows, with some blonde hairs in between (scarce). I've never ever colored them in... should I be doing that? They hardly stand out because in the light they're quite light-ish. When I had henna red hair, I just left my brows alone; yes it was a difference, but I certainly didn't notice, and I think hardly anyone did. :o

spidermom
February 20th, 2017, 11:56 AM
My eyebrows are a rather invisible beige kind of color. When my hair was henna orange (yuck!), I used an auburn eyebrow pencil with very small, light strokes when I felt overly concerned about my appearance.

Nightshade
February 20th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I have brown eyebrows and henna them to match my hair :)

Wavelength
February 20th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Natural auburn here. All my life, my eyebrows have been dark brown to soft black and didn't match my hair AT ALL. Honestly, redheads rarely have red eyebrows. The lighter ones usually have blondish, the darker ones like me tend to have dark brows. Not much in between.

I was just about to say this myself. Natural auburn as well, which I brighten with henna. My hair was strawberry blonde when I was a toddler, became distinctly red when I was in my teens, and darkened to auburn as I got older -- but my brows have always been much darker than my hair.

hopefulred
February 20th, 2017, 12:49 PM
I'm a natural strawberry blonde and my eyebrows are so blonde they are invisible so I dye them brown

Melisandre
February 20th, 2017, 01:02 PM
When I was still henna red (quite a dark red), I dyed my eyebrows brown with the Eyebrow and -lash dye from Refectoficil. I have naturally barely visible eyebrows, really light blonde.

draysmir
February 20th, 2017, 03:50 PM
I don't have red hair, and I don't really know much about dying eyebrows or anything, but I do have drastically different colours from my eyebrows to my hair colour. My eyebrows are thick and black (for some unknown reason lol), and my hair is a light golden brown (if you can see in my profile picture). I don't think it looks weird or silly though, although people have asked me if I've dyed my hair before :p In my opinion, you don't need to have matching eyebrow and hair colour for them to look nice together, I would maybe experiment more with dying your eyebrows different shades of brown and such. I would use makeup first (even if you don't wear makeup) to see which shades would compliment your eyebrows the most in your opinion. Maybe search up your hair colour on google images and see what other people's eyebrow colours are :) If you post the colour of your hair and eyebrows, I'm sure other people on this forum would be able to suggest a nice shade that would go with your hair colour too, that might help!

MoonRabbit
February 20th, 2017, 05:53 PM
I don't have red hair, and I don't really know much about dying eyebrows or anything, but I do have drastically different colours from my eyebrows to my hair colour. My eyebrows are thick and black (for some unknown reason lol), and my hair is a light golden brown (if you can see in my profile picture). I don't think it looks weird or silly though, although people have asked me if I've dyed my hair before :p In my opinion, you don't need to have matching eyebrow and hair colour for them to look nice together, I would maybe experiment more with dying your eyebrows different shades of brown and such. I would use makeup first (even if you don't wear makeup) to see which shades would compliment your eyebrows the most in your opinion. Maybe search up your hair colour on google images and see what other people's eyebrow colours are :) If you post the colour of your hair and eyebrows, I'm sure other people on this forum would be able to suggest a nice shade that would go with your hair colour too, that might help!

I agree. I'm sure it's a personal preference thing but it never bothered me that my hair is a different color than my eyebrows. My hair is brown with a natural tint of red and my brows are really dark brown to almost black. I enjoy the contrast. I also love the look of dark brows with blonde hair, I always thought that was beautiful.

FennFire911
February 20th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Eye brows are a different type of hair than head hair, and are almost never the same colour as hair on our heads. Kind of like men who have beards that don't match their head hair. I'm blonde, with dark eyebrows. It just goes that way for a lot of us.

Decoy24601
February 20th, 2017, 08:44 PM
I'm a natural redhead and my eyebrows and eyelashes have always been light brown.

maborosi
February 20th, 2017, 09:23 PM
I don't know too many natural redheads with truly red brows. The only redhead I know with red brows draws them on with a brow pencil.
I color mine light gold brown. Sometimes I touch them up with a bit of henna, but usually they look best if they're a shade of brown rather than red.

truepeacenik
February 20th, 2017, 10:43 PM
I've always assumed red hair with red brows were two dye jobs.
My brows are mid brown to dark brown.

wispe
February 20th, 2017, 10:50 PM
I'm light strawberry blonde and my brows and lashes are totally invisible in most lights. Before I started growing my bleach out and was wearing my whole hair pink, I filled my brows in with blush so I could match and have eyebrows for once. I don't wear makeup much but when I do my brows I just fill them in, I doubt I could find a dye to match my hair. Currently I use Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products (I use a mix of the brow wiz pencil and powder duo in caramel, but they have an auburn shade also). I very rarely see people with the same brow and hair color, even when they're all natural.

Kirby-oh
February 20th, 2017, 11:57 PM
I can assure you I have never noticed what color someone's eyebrows are unless their hair is black and their eyebrows light blonde or vice versa.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2017, 12:09 AM
Do they need to match, though?

Tosca
February 21st, 2017, 12:25 AM
I have blue eyes, medium blonde hair and dark brown, almost black eyebrows.

I don't think they need to match.

lucid
February 21st, 2017, 01:29 AM
I think most people have somewhat darker eyebrows than hair. I dye my brows a bit darker during summer, since I think it enhances my eyes and makes it so I don't feel like the need to put on makeup.

As others have mentioned, most people with natural red hair have blond to brown brows. I have only seen completely matching brows on people with orangy-red natural hair, but just as often I see them with blonde brows. So I wouldn't stress about making the color match, just find a color that you think suites your face :)

I would think a dark brown would look good with your hair color, and I would guess black could look good as well depending on the persons features, since black isn't as soft as brown. So if you like dying them black I suggest just continuing with that. :)

lapushka
February 21st, 2017, 04:37 AM
I have the same color eyebrows than my hair (ashy brown color). Does that make me odd? :lol:

lucid
February 21st, 2017, 07:14 AM
I have the same color eyebrows than my hair (ashy brown color). Does that make me odd? :lol:

Yes, very! :lol: :p

My sister has lighter colored eyebrows than hair, actually. Mine is about the same color as my hair. So maybe the moral of the story is that everything is equally normal. :p

Shorty89
February 21st, 2017, 10:52 AM
I'm a current henna-head and I don't do anything about my brows. I'd be scared that if I hennaed them the skin underneath would make them look neon orange. :lol: My brows are really dark brown, a lot darker than my natural hair anyhow, so I just don't worry about them.

maborosi
February 21st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I'm light strawberry blonde and my brows and lashes are totally invisible in most lights. Before I started growing my bleach out and was wearing my whole hair pink, I filled my brows in with blush so I could match and have eyebrows for once. I don't wear makeup much but when I do my brows I just fill them in, I doubt I could find a dye to match my hair. Currently I use Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products (I use a mix of the brow wiz pencil and powder duo in caramel, but they have an auburn shade also). I very rarely see people with the same brow and hair color, even when they're all natural.

This, by the way!!
Caramel looks SO good. I use it when I want my brows to look a bit neater and the color is perfect!

Auburn is just a bit too red for my tastes, but caramel is a perfect reddish brown.

Fru fru
February 21st, 2017, 04:39 PM
You can use eyeshadow with an angled brow brush to match eyebrows to henna. I have also bleached mine lighter and then used eyeshadow to match them, then use brow gel to set.

Alex Lou
February 21st, 2017, 11:10 PM
I always admire dark eyebrows. They frame the face and look good with most colors and even with much lighter hair.

I'm a natural redhead (light auburn) and my eyebrows are blonde. I used to use eyeshadow in a light, warm brown to fill them in. Then I switched to a very light warm brown mascara: http://www.justforredheads.com/mana.html

Now I'm looking into dying my eyebrows since I usually don't find time in the morning. I know that a true red won't look right, so I need to look into the right shade of brown. Eyebrows are a make-up priority for me: as important as lashes.

Henni
February 22nd, 2017, 05:20 AM
My natural hair color is warm blonette, but I have inherited eye, skin and brow colors from my father who had copperish hair. My grandmother was genuine redhead.

My eyelashes and brows are brown with some gold, darker than my natural hair. I usually put some neutral light brown eyeshadow to my brows to make them more even, reddish tones look very fake.

browneyedsusan
February 28th, 2017, 09:25 AM
I've penciled mine in for years, because they're too sparse to henna! (Non-existent eyebrows run in the family.) I use a light or medium brown pencil, and it looks fine to me. :)

Rebel Rebel
March 1st, 2017, 02:08 PM
I'm brunette but also someone who uses eyeshadow in my brows. Mine match my hair exactly but they're sparse, so I fill in and shape them. I generally use powder with an angle brush because it's fast and easy for me. This allows for either a feathery soft natural look or you can easily define them with the fine edge of the brush. I have lighter shades and darker shades depending on my mood. Sounds like you could look for a deep burgundy, reddish brown color. They don't have to be exact, but I think it looks good to tie in the color of your hair, to the face framing aspect of brows.

I've also been loving using my aloe vera gel with a disposable mascara wand, as a clear brow gel. No need to buy brow gel ladies, if you have AVG!

shu217
March 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
I second the plug for the website:http://www.justforredheads.com/ my wife loves their helpful cosmetics designed for all shades of red. She loves their eyebrow pencils as she has pale brows like most redheads.

Islandgrrl
March 1st, 2017, 06:38 PM
Before I started going so grey, my hair was a light to medium auburn-ish color. My eyebrows are light brown and they vanish in the summer. I have them dyed a medium brown just so you can see them.

PrincessAralin
March 1st, 2017, 07:30 PM
Eyelash/brow tint is the bomb if you don't want to fill them in all the time. My sister has red-brown hair, her eyebrows are kind of mousey, my friend is strawberry blonde and her brows are... invisible. I tint their eyebrows for them. 'Natural brown' for my friend, the same with a dab of auburn for my sister.

March 2nd, 2017, 05:40 AM
When I was hennaing, I was using the same henna on my brows. Worked great for me. I used Khadi or Hesh.

Pamberpestana
March 2nd, 2017, 08:46 AM
I have a cool, dark red hair color, and I'm naturally a medium brown.
I'll use an ashy medium brown pencil for my brows and then use it as eyeliner and it works for me. I tried making my brows red once but it was too much for me haha.