PDA

View Full Version : Head and Shoulders Make Anyone Else's Hair Thin?

ninjarambohd
February 19th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you are doing amazing! I have a question. I started using Head and Shoulders Thick & Strong a while back and I noticed 2 main things. 1. It changed the texture of my hair entirely as in it made it very thin and soft. 2. I didn't get that squeaky sound when you wash your hair like I did with other shampoos. I researched a bit online and I came across a website where so many people are complaining about how it made their hair fall out.

I have stopped using it now and the texture of my hair is slowly going back to it's original state. Anyone have any opinions on this matter?

mira-chan
February 19th, 2017, 04:16 PM
These shampoos tend to have coating elements in the formula, like silicones (domethicone and such). These put a smooth coating on the hair which can straighten it a bit, make it smooth and so let it condense more closely. So it will make it feel thinner than wavier hair.

If your hair feels thinner but is not falling out more, then it's probably the smoothing. If your hair is falling out more, then you might be sensitive to something in that shampoo.

lapushka
February 19th, 2017, 04:28 PM
If you just noticed it one time, it could have been a one off and due to some other factor. I wouldn't base it on one time washing with it. If however, you keep noticing it, yes it's alarming.

I personally don't have issues with it. I have the classic formula, though.

Adavidal
February 20th, 2017, 05:47 PM
I use the soft and silky head and shoulders and it has actually decreased my fallout by a TON. I've always had thick hair and I've also always had a ton of hair fall, and the head and shoulders took it from easily a handful of hair a day to only a few strands. So I'm interested to see what other people say. I haven't tried any of the other H&S products except the soft and silky shampoo and conditioner.