PDA

View Full Version : How great is Microtrimming for maintaining long length and what is your experience?

pamela_07
February 17th, 2017, 08:02 AM
How do you do it yourself? Would love to hear your experience with microtrimming!

MoonRabbit
February 17th, 2017, 12:19 PM
I am for growth and a blunt hemline. I do it myself every 3 and 6 months. The first three months I do my longest layers and the next 3 months I do all my hair, so hopefully my layers will catch up soon. I really love microtrimming, It's easy to do by yourself, it's impossible to notice any mistakes since you take off so little (dusting, 1/4 to 1/2 in tops for me). It keeps splits at bay and I feel like I have a fresh haircut every time but still have long hair. I'm planning on a full maintain once I reach hip just to get that blunt hemline

ChloeDharma
February 17th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Microtrimming was great when I was growing out chemical damage, I would get 1\8-1\4 of an inch trimmed every three to four months. I did also S&D often which also helped.
I have neglected trimming for years now and end up cutting off large amounts so now am getting back into regular trimming to break this cycle.

You can find tutorials on self trimming on YouTube or try searching for Feye's self trimming technique. Being able to trim your own hair is a game changer when growing long hair as it puts you in control.

hanne jensen
February 18th, 2017, 06:51 AM
I'm microtrimming 1/2 cm a month now. I'm still growing but not much. It's helping me to thicken up my hemline and keep a nice neat hemline. It's a great way to slowly get rid of damage and keep hair healthy. My hubby dusts me.

Dessi
February 19th, 2017, 03:24 AM
I've been mictorimming for the last 4 years, while growing my hair. It helps me keep a nicer hemline and healthy ends. It's also a way to avoid bigger trims. :D I'd be sad to lose 1-2 inches in one go. When I microtrim I don't have to do bigger trims and I hardly notice any loss of length after a microtrim.

Saldana
February 19th, 2017, 07:24 AM
I microtrim or dust on a schedule - spring equinox, summer solstice, fall equinox, winter solstice. I stand on a stool on the back porch, and DP1 snips runners - hairs that are racing ahead of the bulk of my length. I've found this method keeps my hemline looking decent, while allowing for continued growth. I do have a slight, wispy bang section over my forehead, that maintenance of which is usually something like 'gah these bangs are bugging me falling into my eyes'. Since this usually happens at work, I grab my desk scissors, turn my chair, lean over the wastebasket, grab the bangs between my fingers, and snip them. *snip*snip*snip*back to work. :)