PDA

View Full Version : What's Your/Creating Your Signature Daily Hair Style

LillithTheFirst
February 14th, 2017, 01:00 PM
So, I'm a big fan of like fantasy hairstyles. I love playing with braids. Whereas some of the styles are very complicated I want to stick to a "signature style" which is easy and unusual at the same time.

Sometimes I feel with long hair, it gets to a point where you feel like you can't do much with it, or it's too much work to "show it off" and just opt for a simple braid or bun to keep it out of the way - to me it's a bit like "what's the point of having long hair then?"

I'm currently doing two rope french braids on either side of my hair line and put silver braid cuffs on the end. It's fairly simple and quick (for long hair) but looks rather complicated for what it is - I always get compliments.

What's your signature style? Or don't you have one? Or want to have one?

PixieP
February 14th, 2017, 02:18 PM
I guess the single French rope braid is my signature, both literally and figuratively :laugh: it's one of the easiest styles I know and somehow rope braids are still really unusual here!

lapushka
February 14th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I've been wearing a LWB for years! 6 days out of 7 (except on wash day).

reilly0167
February 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Anything braided up do.

marvel-lover
February 14th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Probably a LWB or a regular bun depending. Not one for braids. But I'm still unusual because no one uses hair sticks or forks where I'm from

lithostoic
February 14th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I'm also a fan of double French rope braids. That's my favorite way to wear oiled hair. Typically my hair is in just one French braid. Trying to get back into Dutch braids!

Seeshami
February 14th, 2017, 11:45 PM
The skirt bun. It's epic to some.

The naughty mess says, "that is not my signature style you demented weirdo"

Mess, you hate being up. You don't have a signature bun.

The naughty mess says, "the flop flouf easily escaped bun hot mess you wear 85% of our life"

NOOO one wants to see that. Eye bleach is sold out. It can't be unseen.

truepeacenik
February 14th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Sees him, I think I wear that same bun.
And yes, the skirt bun was epic.

Byebyebleach
February 15th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Right now it is just a french plait, purely because my hair is to short for much else and this keeps it all tucked in the longest without having to constantly pin sections back in or redo because of fall out. Looking at taking part in the updo challenge though, mostly to keep me away from heat styling my hair but I also think it will force me to experiment more with styles and figure out what my hair can do!

10000days
February 15th, 2017, 05:34 AM
Chignon bun or a french braid. I like my hair off my face while also emphasising size/length.

Duckmor
February 15th, 2017, 03:00 PM
My signature right now is kind of a french twist, but with the end showing, but I want to find something else I like. I'm not good at braiding my own hair, even if I braid dd hair almost every day. It has to be something easy and fast. I'm making some hair stix so I'll see if they inspire me. Wil be following this thread for inspiration :)

Nightshade
February 15th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Lazy wrap with either two sticks or two forks is my go-to:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2f_Y4V_zDRA/WJTQ5VbhZFI/AAAAAAAARoI/9p48THxBJqIolgm25Uob38WQWRcsJkBUQCL0B/h4128/2017-02-03.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dADLJRl5MWo/WJI8Twbs_8I/AAAAAAAARgo/oILXN6MUio4U-NgGQ2xV2ifOZfr70zQ4QCL0B/h776/2017-02-01.jpg

FennFire911
February 15th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I don't have a specific style I guess. Usually some type of bun because I really need it out of the way when I work. For me my hair can be a hazard even more than just an inconvenience if it gets in the way.
I vary things. Sometimes a lazy wrap bun. Sometimes a Dutch braid that starts at the left of my forehead, winds down the left side of my head until it is in the middle in back, and then bun the braid tail. Sometimes double Dutch braids that hang long, but that can annoy me at work so it's more rare.

I guess if I had to choose something that stands out about me, like a previous poster had commented, it's the hair forks and sticks. I don't ever see anyone else wearing them, and I'm starting to get a little eccentric with them. I started off with plain ones, now I'm using forks with carvings or paintings or dangley pieces at the ends. Nothing bold compared to other members here, but in an area where no one wears forks to begin with, I stand out with a pair of sticks shaped similar to antlers holding a bun in an X. :D Even a LWB looks fancy if you accessorize.

neko_kawaii
February 15th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Either a Spidermom's bun low on nape (with the front sectioned and lace braided if fancy) or some variant of lazy wrap / nautilus.

proo
February 15th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Crown braid

ephemeri
February 15th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Side braid mostly. It keeps it out of the way but it's still kind of annoyingly too short as the tassle falls on my collarbone and bothers me. I don't look good with buns so side braid it is until I can do milkmaid braids or a coronet braid.

Kae612
February 15th, 2017, 07:12 PM
It used to be a side braid over my left shoulder with a right side part. If I was a cartoon character, I would have had that style. I didn't know how to do much else. (This is before I found LHC). I probably wore my hair like that nearly every day for 6 years. In the past year, (as I've discovered LHC) I've been trying new buns and braids (YES rope braids are still pretty unusual, although now I know what they are I see them every so often. I'm learning slowly!).

I've found: High buns hurt, all the weight feels like it's on a very small amount of hair at the front. Low buns interfere with my winter coat and are irritating to my neck, if pretty. I can never get the second dutch/french braid to look right (but boy do I try). I tend to undo and redo my hair at least a few times in a day because of discomfort or boredom/fidgetiness.

BUT I've found a side bun to be much more comfortable than a straight back bun, I'm guessing because it's closer to how my hair would sit before. Rope braids seem to bun really well. (Oddly a 3 strand braid feels too heavy in a bun and falls down, which is an experience I haven't heard from anyone else). I'm currently enjoying a rope-braid side-bun half-up or all-up. I've had several compliments on my variations on that theme! I'm really excited about how comfortable it is to have my hair like that, and I think it looks pretty cool and a bit interesting. So idk I guess I'm looking at that kinda thing for a "signature style" but I'm still playing with new things. :)

curlysamantha
February 15th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I wear my hair down for (usually) the first 2 days after a wash and up in two French braids with buns pinned to my head at the bottom on the 3rd and 4th day.

EdG
February 15th, 2017, 07:48 PM
The Silver Swirl is like a world-famous celebrity who would rather, at times, be an ordinary person (or bun, that is). ;)
Ed

Carolyn
February 15th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I like a messy bun. It's really a cinnamon bun made to be as messy as possible. I can't say I've ever thought about a signature style but I guess that would be it. I do it 4-5 times a week. I like to be able to put it up in less than a minute. That's the great thing about long hair. It doesn't have to be washed daily. Mine requires no leave in product and styling is quick an minimal.

ravenheather
February 15th, 2017, 08:02 PM
I usually wear a variation of a nautilus bun that I call my diva bun. It's Wildcatdiva's puffed "not"ilus. My favorite braided style is a tucked or bunned dutch braid.

Lauraes
February 15th, 2017, 08:16 PM
I usually wear my hair in either a side braid or french braid.

-Fern
February 15th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Lately I've been in a cinnabun rut, but I would like to start wearing this more often as my signature hairdo:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23796&d=1467668711
Loosely braided LWB. The hardest part is getting it centered on my head, haha...

Nightshade
February 15th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Oh, that's beautiful, Fern!

Lauraes
February 15th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Lately I've been in a cinnabun rut, but I would like to start wearing this more often as my signature hairdo:

[snip]
Loosely braided LWB. The hardest part is getting it centered on my head, haha...
:thudpile: That's super pretty!

Chocowalnut
February 15th, 2017, 11:48 PM
I'm still working on creating my signature daily style. I'm still trying to figure out my hair and hoping as it gets longer it will be more predictable.

Groovy Granny
February 16th, 2017, 12:01 AM
I tend to do a LWB in hot weather and for a protective style to clean, yoga etc.
In cooler temps I love it wear it half up (barrette or bun), or ponytail it if it's windy, when walking etc

Simsy
February 16th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Easiest description would be Heidi or milkmaid braids, mostly because they fit under a hardhat with minimal issues. Otherwise, English braided buns for the win.

-Fern
February 16th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Thank you, guys. :o Oversized Eads grant anti-grav powers.

Morphinea
February 16th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Basic braid or some kind of messy bun. I don't have any hair sticks so I use pencil or double pointed needles :D

Flipgirl24
February 16th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Let me just say that you ladies are quite talented!

vampyyri
February 16th, 2017, 08:12 AM
9 times out of 10 it's a nautilus, with a braided cinnabun thrown in every now and again (but they get so huge on my head :lol:)

missrandie
February 16th, 2017, 09:50 AM
As I grow, it changes.

Growing up, my signature was a French Twist secured with a metal barette (eek! So bad...) that eventually turned into a cinnabun secured with the guts of an ink pen. Lol.

A few months ago, it was a forked cinnabun, then that began getting painful and flopping about. Guess what I'm back to?

Yep. The French Twist. Although, it's not so much twisted as lightly spun and secured. My ficcares have been giving me sore spots, so I started using an all plastic and rubber Goody barette. It's very gentle, holds firm but not too firm, and is extremely lightweight. Perfect.

reilly0167
February 16th, 2017, 11:34 AM
In my last post I mentioned all braided updo ...but since I learned the two strand crown and been doing it ever since (almost two weeks, I think) and I get lots if compliments from guests and my fellow co workers. My peeps say its me. I like it because it keeps everything contained and looks difficult when its not. Its nice to know and do different styles from buns to braids, I like variety.

solocricket
February 16th, 2017, 12:41 PM
My hair is only just past collarbone, but my signature style for years has been a messy "bun." Meaning, I wear a high ponytail slightly off center, smoosh it all up, and tie another hairband around it. Pretty lazy, but I like the way it looks. I can't wait until I can try some braids or real buns! Although I might be a litttle sad when my hair is too long for my go-to...

Dark40
February 16th, 2017, 03:12 PM
My signature daily style is the French braid with some bangs. Or, a fringe around my face. I always love some hair around my face.

colin
February 18th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Probably just a plain english braid because its easy, practical, and I like that it shows it's long. I don't really try to have one but that's just how it works out. If I get better at doing some other styles I'd try mix it up more. As it is though it probably a braid 4-5 days a week and a cinnabun or loose wrap bun the others. Every once in a while I try break out of that though.

Hairkay
February 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM
This week it's 2 two flat twists (2 strands), crown braid style.

two_wheels
February 19th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I've been working on this extensively since I realised my centre part was hugely unflattering.

When it's clean or clean-ish, a sort of half up french twist like this (clip made by the gorgeously talented nightshade) - gives lots of volume seen from the front!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23993&d=1469050606

When it's almost clean, nautilus.

When it's embarrassingly not clean, French braid...

Arctic
February 19th, 2017, 04:52 PM
My signature changes regularly. Lately it's been a simple side braid, side bun or down with curls.

-Fern
February 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I've been working on this extensively since I realised my centre part was hugely unflattering.

When it's clean or clean-ish, a sort of half up french twist like this (clip made by the gorgeously talented nightshade) - gives lots of volume seen from the front!

*swoons* That clip is stunning, and I love that hairstyle on you!!

Ellethwyn
February 19th, 2017, 08:57 PM

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23993&d=1469050606

I love the half up French twist and that clip is gorgeous!

Tosca
February 20th, 2017, 12:00 AM
I almost always do some kind of bun. Recently I have been doing a double wrapped LWB, but I have previously done L-infinity buns, and for years I did a basic cinnabun held with claw clips. I will sometimes do a coronet braid, but I tend to have trouble with sectioning my plait evenly, so a coronet braid is mostly reserved for special occasions.

Katrina
February 20th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Braided Nautilus bun.

Agnes Hannah
February 20th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Either a cinnamon or plaited cinnamon wound up and held with a claw clip.

Siv
July 30th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I'm reviving this thread because my hair has just gotten to the point where I feel like I need to wear it up more because of tangles... I got so much inspiration from this thread and the previous one from 2012 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=109344)! I hope some more people will add to this if I bump it :)

Personally I've slowly slipped into a few different styles depending on what activity I'm up to... I love braids and wear different ones all the time on my days off, dutch braid, double dutch braids, mohawk pull-through braid braided buns, bun with a braid-tail... My friends and family think I'm a braid girl :D

At work I need my hair up in a sturdy hairdo that doesn't give me head aches, without hair accessories that can be used as weapons. So I've almost always worn a high sock bun well secured with an invisibobble and scrunchie. (I love that it's getting bigger and bigger as my hair grows!) So my co-workers and clients, for their part, think I always a bun.

When nobody really consistently sees me, I have a variety of styles. For lounging around the house or running I wear a high cinnamon bun with a hair stick because it's quick, easy, and sturdy. For thai boxing I wear a braided high ponytail because that's as secure and untangly I can get, everything else will fall out while we're rough-housing at the gym, and the hairstick would probably injure someone. For sleeping at home I wear a cinnamon bun with claw clips on the crown of my head. My SO think I look silly in it, and while he doesn't think I look ugly I enjoy looking nice for him so when I'm at his place I sleep in a cinnamon bun with and invisibobble ;)

ETA: I forgot! I'm learning how to do a crown braid! I'm hoping it will be sturdy and non-headache-inducing, so that would be perfect both for work and working out!

Madora
July 30th, 2017, 09:19 AM
My signature style for many years was a combination of center French Dutch braid down the center of my head to the nape, then the remainder of the hair split in two sections, braided and the braids wound around my head (The Madora). Easy to do, long lasting, comfy!

JennyPenny
July 30th, 2017, 09:45 AM
My signature style for many years was a combination of center French Dutch braid down the center of my head to the nape, then the remainder of the hair split in two sections, braided and the braids wound around my head (The Madora). Easy to do, long lasting, comfy!

Is this the hairstyle in your avatar picture? Because that looks gorgeous! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy.

peachyleshy
July 30th, 2017, 01:29 PM
Since I've pretty much been wearing my hair in a Nautilus Bun for the past 20 days or so, I'd say that could be my signature! It holds so well and feels comfortable. And I can always change out the hair stick or clip to make it look a little different. I suppose it would be neat to have something a little more unique, but this is just fine for everyday.
ETA: So I'm thinking I'd like to add a French Twist to my signature styles. I've always loved how they look, since I was a kid, but had never really learned to do one. I think they look very classy, sophisticated, and would be good to wear to work. I just need to find a technique that will work with my hair.
I'm watching Hypnotica's now and I think this might be the one!

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 30th, 2017, 01:45 PM
A side braid. I use to be able to bun regularly but 8/10 the bun induces a headache. I have my hair in a LWB or a natilus, cant remember. And its low, and I can still feel a headache about to pop. LOL. Its lingering. I like buns because it gives me less incentive to play with a tassle like braids do. But for now, its all I have. I cant wait til I have more length and can do better braids.

CrowningGlory
July 30th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Since I'm growing out some of my fringe my signature style with any updo seems to be twists or braids to hide all those shorter ends. I was inspired by a video of Gossamer's where she uses twists to add interest around the face and I realised it was a great way of dealing with growing-out fringe. Buns tend to be LWB, Celtic knot or cinnabun - always with those twists or braids. Considering I get more compliments now on my hair styles than ever before, I'm thinking I should have grown out some of my fringe years ago just so I could have those twists or braids.

Hairkay
July 30th, 2017, 03:55 PM
It has to be plaits/braids.

Andthetalltrees
July 30th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Double braids of any kind. I wore doubled dutch braids everyday for six months once, Lately I've been more into French rope twist since I figured them out. They're the only hairstyle I find comfortable enough for any length of time

Dragon Faery
July 30th, 2017, 07:20 PM
When my health was better, I wanted my signature style to be a 5-strand French braid. Now that's just too much arm work, especially for someone who spends most of the time lying down. As soon as my hair was long enough, I lived in the LWB--probably for nearly a year. And then I discovered I had enough length for the self-held Nautilus (as done by Lucy's Corsetry) and wore that almost exclusively for around 6 months.

On headache days, I do an English braid starting low at my nape, and it usually ends up staying in for the next 4-10 days until I next wash my hair. After a wash, I let it dry in a LWB, and usually sleep in a sideways L-infinity for the first night or two while it's damp. After that, it lives in a correctly-oriented L-infinity until it ends up braided again.

I'm working on finding something more protective to wear it in on a regular basis, though, as I spend so much time lying down. I've experimented with double French Braids bunned into sideways L-infinities, oriented along the French parts of the braids. It held well but was a lot of arm work. I've also tried Amish braids, which held even better and with marginally less braid-shred over a 4-day period. That's a lot of arm work too, but it may become my go-to, especially since it makes it look like I tried. :silly:

My dream signature styles would be the 5-strand French braid, a coronet braid, or something Victorian.

animetor7
July 30th, 2017, 07:42 PM
For a while my "signature" hair style was Heidi/milkmaid braids done with a variety of different types of braids, my personal favorite being fishtail braids. I still wear these a lot and they are one of my favorite ways to wear my hair along with a true crown braid and the Madora. I've also recently gotten into "battle braids" a la the tv show "The 100" and Diana's starting hairstyle in Wonder Woman.

However, the only hairstyle I can really claim as my own is a style of wrapped bun that only requires one stick and I haven't seen directions for anywhere as far as I recall and if memory serves I came up with it in high school as a way to throw my hair quickly out of the way for face washing and such. I have VERY slippery fine hair and at BSL length at that point most LHC buns didn't hold in my hair, so this was my solution, I think the extra twisting helps hold it better than many wrapped buns. You start the bun by twisting like you're going to make a cinnabun, but after one turn of the cinnabun you grab the loop and then wrap the rest of the hair around the base while twisting, then you spread that first twisted loop around the bun you've created and slide a stick in being sure to catch some scalp hair as you pass underneath the knot of hair and also being sure that the stick is positioned over each side of the loop to hold it in place. I usually put my stick in diagonally, but I know that horizontally also works and a vertical placement might work with some fiddling. I call it the hair-slide bun because you essentially use your own hair as a sort of pseudo hair slide andI hope that's clear in terms of how the bun is made, I can post pictures if there is interest in it. :)

Cherriezzzzz
July 30th, 2017, 07:51 PM

Your half French twist is hair goals! :applause:thudpile::blossom:

I still wear hair down aka lion's mane style or 2 strand crown braid with a side braid over my shoulder. (Avatar)

Ondine11
July 30th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Now that my hair has passed APL, it is too long to sleep with it down, so, I separate it into two loose braids or french braids (with a side part) for overnight & oil the ends with coconut oil. In the morning, when U tale down the braids, my hair is super wavy & shiny. I comb it out gently & kind of fluff it out at the root for added volume, & off I go!

Candyapple
July 31st, 2017, 12:52 AM
I wear my hair down for the first two days after I wash it. Then it's a french braid until the next time I wash it. My hair isn't extremely long yet, so I am trying to do protective styles and do whatever it takes to disguise the oiliness. :D

leayellena
July 31st, 2017, 12:58 AM
down after washing and my daily hairstyle is a braided bun or a braided nautilus.

Madora
July 31st, 2017, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your lovely compliment, JennyPenny. Yes, my avatar shows my favorite hairstyle. Here's a tutorial by Torrin Paige: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWpHufrANk

Larki
July 31st, 2017, 08:53 AM
Thanks for your lovely compliment, JennyPenny. Yes, my avatar shows my favorite hairstyle. Here's a tutorial by Torrin Paige: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWpHufrANk

Oh, I wish my hair was thick enough to do this!

Arctic
July 31st, 2017, 09:23 AM
My signature styles change from time to time. My current signature is, whether my hair is up or down, to have a side part and have the face framing layers on the deep side braided. This is to distract me to allow the layers to grow out.

I've been wearing my hair down much more in the past year, usually pushed over one shoulder. If it's up, it's usually in a low cinnabun. Side braid is also something I do often, sometimes with sometimes without french braiding.

Part of my signature is to not to use visible hair accessories.

lisamt
July 31st, 2017, 04:24 PM
my "signature" style is usually a single dutch braid, but lately I've been switching it out for a french braid every couple days just to do something different. if I want it all the way up I do a nautilus with a stick.

bparnell75
July 31st, 2017, 04:26 PM
My signature style is pouffy around the face. My favorite bun is a Spock.

spidermom
July 31st, 2017, 05:31 PM
Curled with one side pulled back with a nice clip. I have a couple different silk flower ones; those are my favorite.

MusicalSpoons
July 31st, 2017, 05:57 PM
For years I had my hair in an unintentional Bee Butt Bun (I did it like a cinnabun but the coils would just slip underneath each other) held with an elastic around the base then over the top to hold the bun in place - looking back, I cringe! I mean, I had it like that almost every day (with the occasional ponytail or English plait - the latter or which always ended up messy because previous fringe (bangs) would always slip out, no matter how long they were by then) for over a DECADE! And only stopped at the end of 2016 :oops:

Thanks to discovering LHC and hairsticks and how to use them, I went for a few months with tight LWBs that looked a bit like a LW/Nautilus hybrid (they still kind of look like that, but looser now). THEN! I discovered the Neoma Knot held without being exceptionally tight, so that is usually my go-to. I've been mixing it up more often now I have some Flexis know a couple more braid styles, but any regular style has to involve not too much arm-work otherwise my muscles give out and I don't have enough energy for work, and also needs to stay put. Ketylos are great for holding things well, for me, so I guess my current signature style is a Neoma Knot held with a Ketylo :)

MusicalSpoons
July 31st, 2017, 05:59 PM
more often now I have some Flexis know a couple more braid styles,

Oops, that should have read ' ... now I have some Flexis and know a couple more ... '
(Can't edit my posts yet)

animetor7
July 31st, 2017, 06:57 PM

You probably could, I am also a ii/iii and frequently do this style, it looks a bit different on hair that is thinner than Torrin's but I still think it looks pretty. Good luck!!

Robot Ninja
July 31st, 2017, 06:58 PM
Either a dutch braid or a gibraltar bun. If I'm feeling fancy, Hypno's Ficcare bun.

Cherriezzzzz
July 31st, 2017, 07:24 PM

I think thick hair couldn't do this? Def try it you have the length! My ends are so thick they do NOT just "tuck in!" If they were thinner on the ends they will blend better! But my guess is that you need at least waist length or much longer...

SunnyRose
July 31st, 2017, 07:38 PM
I generally wear my hair down and in waves. When my hair is damp I'll just twist it up and clip it in place for a while. Then an hour or so later, let it down and it falls into a a nice soft wave. It's nothing unique, but I guess it is my signature since am almost always wearing my hair like that.

yahirwaO.o
July 31st, 2017, 08:24 PM
I know my ultimate hairstyle in the past and for the rest of my future will involve something with a clean center parting. I like the way it frames my face and how minimalistic and kinda unique and classic is (ar least in my area and being a man). In my idea I like the idea of thinking it keeps my head metaphorically speaking; self centered with my goals both instrospective and outdoors.

Currently im wearing it in a tucked behind the ears middle parted bob, its fast, easy and simple. In the future will be all down and staight with that same clean parting with sugar water solution to keep in place, love the way I feel with it and its my signature look. A low ponytail or a low bun will do well with that too.

emilyogini
July 15th, 2018, 07:32 AM
While long, I've always worn braids. I'm known for the braided 'dos where I'm from. Currently at a shorter length, my hair is actually up in a flipped cinnabun held with a stick! This time around I'm adding hairsticks to my tool kit and I'm happily opening up to all sorts of buns. I used to be really uncomfortable with bunning my hair as a very active yoga teacher. There are too many postures rolling over the head, laying down, etc. where I was always taught that the hair close to the head needs to be more flat. So, I got really good with braiding.
Right now, I no longer teach every single day, and my regular current "day job" is working/managing a super-busy restaurant too. At the latter job, buns work much better for very different reasons.

Two separate crowds of people will be seeing two separate signature hairstyles from me growing forward:) Gotta find what works best for you individually and roll with it!

ravenskey
July 15th, 2018, 09:06 AM
I will do almost any hairdo depending on how I'm feeling but I always have a braid of some kind in there - if a hairdo doesn't originally have a braid I will give it one.

Arciela
July 15th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Mine is a lazy wrap bun, braids or a half up :)

vampyyri
July 15th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Braided nautilus is my favorite, I sleep in it as well. It's super comfortable and contained, and it also looks fancier than it is.

blushy
July 15th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Before going out, I split my hair down the middle and pull both sections to the front, then I twist them both away from my face until they form mini low cinnamon buns on the side of my head. Then I use a spray bottle and spray them only once or twice with water, and in about 20 minutes they are dry and give me curling-iron looking curls. I do this basically every other day (if I wear my hair down)

MusicalSpoons
July 15th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Last year I posted my signature style was Neoma Knot held with a Ketylo stick. I've since discovered the double-wrapped LWB and the double-wrapped nautilus, which usually hold brilliantly with a fork. I've also found an ordinary LWB and nautilus will hold very well with a 4-pronged Jeter fork. So those are basically my signature styles now, though the double-wrapped LWB is my most-often used bun.

leayellena
July 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
A braid for now. I don't know if I will have to change my daily hairstyle because there comes a time when braiding will become a chore.

Jenw777
July 16th, 2018, 03:16 PM
I generally do a twist on my side of my hair to contain my "bangs" and do a side braid. That's if it's not down or in a pony.

Kelikea
July 16th, 2018, 04:05 PM
My hair is around TBL and very wavy. For work, I usually just wear it down. Sometimes a ponytail or a braid. For my workouts, a ponytailed bun with a hairstick or a braided ponytail, depends on the workout.

sophia_
July 17th, 2018, 01:26 PM
I've changed from a regular nautilus to a braided nautilus, because for some reason I don't feel the same pull on my scalp. Since I have yet to make a parandah out of a material I like, I don't like to wear my hair down with braidwaves as I feel it accentuates my thin ends, so I either just wear cinnabun waves or braid my hair into a scarf "parandah," it gives me really big braidwaves and when I wrap the ends around, they're actually curly.

cjk
July 17th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Daily, I wear my hair either down or pulled back into a ponytail, sometimes with a simple barrette.

When I want to put my hair up I wear it in a very simple French twist, double French braids, or a small bun. Yesterday I wore a bun and secured it with a plain bamboo stick. Very understated.

For me it is less a question of defining a specific style and more an issue of an approach. My hair is always simple. Or at least it looks simple.

KISS

Peppergirl
July 18th, 2018, 05:53 AM
My hair is still short, but I always wear it differently every day. It drives my co-workers nuts, lol.

Stray_mind
July 18th, 2018, 09:50 AM
My signature hair style is a peacock twist now. When my hair was longer, it was LWB.

Pumpkin3826
July 18th, 2018, 12:30 PM
My go to is a LWB.. I wear it like that every work day, and on the weekends I switch it up, either a nautilus or braid because my hair is a little dirtier and easier to stay in a nautilus. (Wash day is sunday).

darren
July 20th, 2018, 05:26 PM
I default to a pony. It’s simple and I like the look and feel. I do try mix up where I tie it to prevent damage but most often it’s low.

samanthaa
July 20th, 2018, 07:48 PM
It's been a cinnabun every since my hair got long enough to successfully cinnabun...back in October. Gosh, I need a new hairstyle but it's just. so. easy.

ursaV
July 21st, 2018, 12:53 AM
My friend called me the "messy bun queen" the other day, so I suppose I have developed a style out of sheer laziness and one too many exploded cinnabuns? I intend to do mostly braids when my hair gets longer, they look very awkward at my current length.

Platzhalter
July 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM
Some nautilus/LWB hybrid with whatever stick I can find ;)

Zesty
July 21st, 2018, 03:47 PM
I don't think I have a signature daily style? :hmm: On weekend days when I'm mostly going to be around the house I just wear a LWB with an acrylic fork, but when I'm going to be at work or out/seeing people I do a lot of different things with different hair toys. I've been going through cycles that don't last long enough for it to be a "signature." I was wearing various braided buns for a while, then Celtic knots, and of late I'm wearing a figure 8, but I do switch it up a lot.

Strawonaberry
July 23rd, 2018, 10:20 PM
I go through different stages as I grow (started from pixie)... Before I had bangs I did a lace braid around my face to contain the short hairs and a ponytail for some time. I got many compliments! But too harsh on my scalp, as most hairstyles are...
Right now I'm in a sock bun stage because I just discovered it and it's so gentle on me (I do it without the first elastic), + I feel like a ballerina :D

I sometimes fantasize of the day that people remember me as the girl that wears the single looong braid lol, I'm looking forward to being able to do it

paiged
July 23rd, 2018, 10:58 PM
I went through a year-long phase where I never did my hair the same way two days in a row. I woke up an extra 30 minutes every morning just to do some braid or twist or whatever to my hair. After such a long period of time doing this, I got bored. I ran out of ideas. So now I just rotate through a cycle of LWB, braid, half-up pony, or a headband.

Soulina
July 24th, 2018, 12:11 AM
85% time my hair is either on nautilus or braided nautilus. Easy fast and braided holds my slippery hair.

lakhesis
July 24th, 2018, 01:52 AM
It used to be a single braid or braided bun, but now I wear a simple nautilus every day. I go back to braid when I am taveling.

njrb
July 26th, 2018, 05:26 PM
This has changed a lot over time as my hair has been different lengths. Currently I am enjoying a ponytail phase. I have a couple of barrettes I use as ponytail holders a lot, but most often just use a hair tie for a mid-height ponytail. As my hair gets longer again I think I'll start wearing an English braid again.

Siv
August 9th, 2021, 12:17 PM
I'm reviving this thread because my hair has just gotten to the point where I feel like I need to wear it up more because of tangles... I got so much inspiration from this thread and the previous one from 2012 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=109344)! I hope some more people will add to this if I bump it :)

Personally I've slowly slipped into a few different styles depending on what activity I'm up to... I love braids and wear different ones all the time on my days off, dutch braid, double dutch braids, mohawk pull-through braid braided buns, bun with a braid-tail... My friends and family think I'm a braid girl :D

At work I need my hair up in a sturdy hairdo that doesn't give me head aches, without hair accessories that can be used as weapons. So I've almost always worn a high sock bun well secured with an invisibobble and scrunchie. (I love that it's getting bigger and bigger as my hair grows!) So my co-workers and clients, for their part, think I always a bun.

When nobody really consistently sees me, I have a variety of styles. For lounging around the house or running I wear a high cinnamon bun with a hair stick because it's quick, easy, and sturdy. For thai boxing I wear a braided high ponytail because that's as secure and untangly I can get, everything else will fall out while we're rough-housing at the gym, and the hairstick would probably injure someone. For sleeping at home I wear a cinnamon bun with claw clips on the crown of my head. My SO think I look silly in it, and while he doesn't think I look ugly I enjoy looking nice for him so when I'm at his place I sleep in a cinnamon bun with and invisibobble ;)

ETA: I forgot! I'm learning how to do a crown braid! I'm hoping it will be sturdy and non-headache-inducing, so that would be perfect both for work and working out!

Reviving this thread again, apparently :lol: :magic:

These days I don't need to consider whether hair toys make potential weapons and my hair is a lot longer so it's mostly a LWB with a fork, even when working out. I switched from thai boxing to lifting so it works. Usually a three strand braid for sleeping. A colleague evem commented that I looked like a girl who walked past us who had similar stature and a bun so I guess others are noticing it too hah

Has anyone else's style changed lately?

JasminxCat
August 9th, 2021, 11:42 PM
Does wore down count?
If not, a loose messy bun. I have a special way of doing my messy buns that are gentle on the hair. No teasing or bobby pins involved, just a smooth hair elastic and 3 mini spin pins

Kathie
August 10th, 2021, 03:35 PM
I prefer my hair in a high bun, once long enough it will be up this way 99% of the time.

At the moment my signature style is a side part with the heavier side pulled back with a small claw clip. But a ponytail is starting to frequent more often.

neko_kawaii
August 10th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Either a Spidermom's bun low on nape (with the front sectioned and lace braided if fancy) or some variant of lazy wrap / nautilus.

Has not changed.

Sunny
August 10th, 2021, 07:37 PM
A low bun is the most comfortable for me, and least likely to give a headache or to pull on my scalp. But I have a lot of short lengths on my head, too, and a fuzzy/fluffy texture that's never smooth. I also have some bangs.

To control this, and look less wild around my face, I do a side part and pull back the front hair with Grip-Tuth combs. (They're a real thing! Have been around since at least the 1940s and are truly superior to other brands.) Then all of it in a Spock bun at the nape of the neck, secured either with a 4-prong comb or a large Ficcare.

Mariekeeee14
August 11th, 2021, 02:21 AM
I love a simple loose english braid so I sometimes don't do my hair after I get out of bed xD To work I mostly wear a braid or a low twisted spidermom bun. If I need my hair up but not for work, I do whatever I feel like at that moment. LWB, Nautilus, Hazel bun... I'm learning a Spock bun, but I haven't been quite succesfull. It falls 'off my head on top', that's the best description. But yeah, braid and twisted spidermom are my go to's.

MusicalSpoons
August 11th, 2021, 05:27 AM
Last year I posted my signature style was Neoma Knot held with a Ketylo stick. I've since discovered the double-wrapped LWB and the double-wrapped nautilus, which usually hold brilliantly with a fork. I've also found an ordinary LWB and nautilus will hold very well with a 4-pronged Jeter fork. So those are basically my signature styles now, though the double-wrapped LWB is my most-often used bun.

… and now the Nessa bun is my go-to, or a LWB with a MapleBurl (sometimes a Jeter). I've been stuck in a hairstyle rut recently but hopefully going on holiday and actually going out will prompt some different styles again.

Complexity
August 11th, 2021, 07:56 AM
My hair is still too short to do much of anything with. A messy bun or low ponytail held with a scrunchie is about all of capable of. Signature? Not really but a fine solution until I can start using toys again.

Cg
August 11th, 2021, 08:10 AM
The buns I've worn regularly always depended on the length my hair was at the time. I've gone through French braid tuck, Gibson tuck, L-infinity, spidermom's, Gibraltar. On rare days a Neoma with 5-prong Jeter still works for me, but I've had to move to Hypno recently, and I'll keep using that as long as it holds.

Eastbound&Down
August 11th, 2021, 08:23 AM
My go-to is a high cinnabun secured with a large claw clip. Occasionally I will dutch braid with a foldover bun at the nape of my neck. It's secure and out of the way until it is long enough for forks/sticks. I can't really use those until almost BSL.

Shorty89
August 11th, 2021, 07:49 PM
I usually wear a nautilus bun. When my bangs are dirty or bugging me, I will lace braid them to the side. I also wear braids wrapped around my head often.

Jools69
August 12th, 2021, 04:54 AM
My signature bun at the moment in the ‘Spock bun’. It makes my buns look much bigger than the nautilus, etc. and looks complicated to those whom don’t know how it’s done.

Laurab
August 12th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Lately I've been wearing a high bun everywhere, since I found a method I'm really happy with.
I'm super tender-headed so any weight or pulling drives me crazy, but my hair's also pretty slippery and layered so if it's not secured properly it'll fall out and annoy me.
So what I've been doing lately is making a high ponytail but only wrap the holder once, then gently pull on the hair to tighten it. After that I twist it around into a bun and put a scrunchie around it without any twists. This holds it temporarily but not through longer activities or gym trips, so I then stick 2-3 bobby pins in it, and that combo holds all day.
I find the end result to be cute, quick, and versitile. It's nice to have something completely out of my face and off my neck that doesn't weigh me down.

blessed_momma21
August 13th, 2021, 07:41 AM
Lately my signature hair style is a single low braid. Sometimes I’ll do a French or Dutch braid too. Braids don’t hurt my scalp like buns do. With a bun I always have a headache after a short time and I end up taking them down.