PDA

View Full Version : Protecting damaged ends without chopping them off?

vintagelovely
February 13th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling a thread of this kind has been posted before, apologies if that's the case!

Basically, my hair is currently almost at shoulder length, however from about mid-ear downwards it's fairly damaged. Now I know that you can't repair damaged hair, and that cutting it off is the best solution, but I've spent so long growing it out that I can't bring myself to lop it all off!

What I'm asking is, is there a way to minimise the damage/keep my hair protected while I grow my it out? I still trim the ends fairly regularly, but is there anything else I can do to keep my hair from getting any worse until all the damaged hair is gone?

(for reference - I don't use heat products, I wash my hair about once a week, and wear it up every day)

lapushka
February 13th, 2017, 01:11 PM
What helps my ends is lots of moisture (LOC method / ROO - see signature).

If your ends feel dry, don't react by cutting them off, pamper them instead with some DTs (deep treatments) and the abovementioned methods.

emptyque
February 13th, 2017, 01:27 PM
You can try one of these new products that sort of glue the split end back together. That should prevent the split from spreading. http://thebeautybrains.com/2012/02/hair-repair-new-technology-really-works/