PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take you!?

SophieGrowGrow
October 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
after doing alot of careful calculation.. with my fingers and a windows calculator I will be at my goal length on my 18th birthday ( a little under two years )

as im sure you know hair grows about 1/2 an inch a month so how long till you reach your goal?

Monsterkitti
October 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Im hoping to be at waist which is about 7" away by next christmas :) Im not even thinking about other goals yet :)

ravenreed
October 23rd, 2008, 02:32 AM
At least 2 years, seeing as I want to go from my waist to classic length... However, I do get my hair trimmed every other month or so. *sigh* Now it seems so long!

peachy.pudding
October 23rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
I will be 26 years of age when i reach my goal of tailbone length. That is two years from now.

mortiziia
October 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
I'm sure that 1/2 inch a month is just an orientative figure. Every person has a different growth rate - not to mention that growth is not exactly the same every month, or else it's not that regular for me. My hair grows at light speed most of the time, and even on what I considered to be stall periods people used to tell me how my hair had grown more in six months than theirs in one year. One inch growth in three months is stalling for some people, others just find that their normal growth rate. So I don't think everyone can calculate growth by the half-inch/month that hair is said to grow - I know I can't. When will I reach my goal? I couldn't venture saying, could be next spring or summer 2012.

Speckla
October 23rd, 2008, 05:19 AM
I get nearly 1" per month, my goal is 36" and I'll probably be there in less than 18 mths.
________
Jeep wagoneer (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Jeep_Wagoneer)

aries
October 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
At 1/2" a month, a very very long time. I have 1/2" to 1" trims every 4 to 6 months and have just resigned myself to the fact that it's going to be years IF I can even reach my goal length.

MandaMom2Three
October 23rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
I get about an inch a month too, so I'm assuming approx a year and a half for me (I hate waiting lol)

Dientje
October 23rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Well, probably forever! I can't seem to get past BSL, but that is because I wanted to even up the hemline and grow out an old perm before growing further.

Okay, my hair grows about 2 cm per month, so a bit less than an inch. It is now 26 inches long, and I want it to be 35-36 inches (that is hip on me) so probably a little more than a year. That is, if I finally will let it grow and not cut off an inch or two every few months...

HairyCarrie
October 23rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
My first goal is APL since I'm still such a shorty. That's another 5 inches, so I'm hoping to have that by spring time (including a 1/2" trim in January).

My long term goal is waist length by the time DD14 graduates high school. She's in 9th grade. If it happens sooner I would be thrilled. It's hard for me to predict my growth potential right now as I'm just starting to pay attention to growth spurts, stalls, need for trims, etc. since joining LHC.

Happy :pumpkin: to everyone!

lora410
October 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
It will probably be another year before I reach hip.

backtolonghair
October 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
My hair grows about an inch a month so to reach my goal of BSL it will probably be a year. And if I decide to grow it out longer to my waist, then it will be 2 years. But that's just a guess... it's hard to tell... like someone else said on here, some months could be more, some could be less... but generally mine does grow about an inch a month. I take alot of B vitamins and drink green vegetable drinks everyday plus other nutritional supplements which helps with all of that. I have noticed an increase since doing this.

jojo
October 23rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
For me I grow roughly 7" a year, some months nothing at all but it all adds up to 7" so for me I have another year to reach waist and another 2 years to reach classic which is were I want to be so 3 years in total, too long!

rhubarbarin
October 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
If I didn't trim at all, in about 3 years I would be at classic (pulled straight)! My hair grows about 1/2" a month, but up to 1" a month during the summer.

But.. that's not going to happen. I'm going to maintain at whatever length falls at waist when curly (probably mid-hip), until I grow thicker, healthier virgin hair and cut off all the damage. Right now my hair is pretty much crap except for the first 8" of roots.

It's cool to think of achieving longer lengths, but right now I am more concerned with quality, not so much with quantity.

Garnet66
October 23rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
For me my goal length is 35 inches (waist length) so I have to wait until 2011 to have my dream hair. Meanwhile, my short term goal is shoulder length, 21 inches, I have 8 months.

LawyerGirl
October 23rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
It seems it will take forever! I just started growing out a pixie cut, so my first goal I suppose would be chin length... and I can hopefully get there by spring. In a year, I should be at or past shoulder-length. My long-term goal would be mid-back (BSL?) as of right now... so maybe... 2 years?

spidermom
October 23rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
I can't calculate. My hair grows like crazy some months, not at all other months. I'm nearly tailbone and want to be classic. If my hair keeps growing, I'll be there by this time in 2010, maybe even by 2009.

snowbear
October 23rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
As I'm sure you know, hair grows about 1/2 an inch a month, so how long till you reach your goal?
Actually, hair grows at all sorts of rates. In fact, sometimes there are growth stalls.

burns_erin
October 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Since my hair grows an inch some months and none others, using the average of 1/2 per month and figuring in the potential for maybe one or two trims, it will take me 4 years to reach classic.

jojo
October 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, hair grows at all sorts of rates. In fact, sometimes there are growth stalls.

Tell me about it! not a sausage since July/Aug ! living in hope though!

ClareDee
October 23rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
Waist length for me is around 30", so I should be there in a year and ten months -- August 2010.

Aw man, 2010 looks so futuristic in print... 2010 a hair odyssey... By then, we'll be flying in hover-cars and will have auto-hair which grows when you tell it. Surely.

joyfulmom4
October 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
Not sure, since I don't know what my goal is. I keep toying with the idea of letting it go until it reaches terminal length. Whether I do that or not will depend on how long terminal actually turns out to be and how much I like it when it gets that long.

I just reached the stage where my hair is long enough to sit on the ends when it's loose. I'm not really that crazy about having to pull it aside. But I've been wearing it up more and love the versatility of it when longer. Esp now that I've discovered LHC and the multitude of styling ideas here.

I think I'll go for at least classic. That should happen by spring if I don't trim too much.

joyfulmom4
October 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Waist length for me is around 30", so I should be there in a year and ten months -- August 2010.

Aw man, 2010 looks so futuristic in print... 2010 a hair odyssey... By then, we'll be flying in hover-cars and will have auto-hair which grows when you tell it. Surely.

Oh that IS scary! When I first saw it in print, I was thinking "man, she must have very short hair if it's going to take until 2010 to grow it to her goal". lol! That's not really far off at all. But in my head, the 1980's are still recent. :o

DecafJane
October 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hmm, since I am going for terminal - years and years and years. ;)
I should reach BSL sometime in 2009, which is the point that I am most excited about in the near future. :D

Katahdin
October 23rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm hoping to be classic length before I start grade 12, a teeny bit less than two years from now.

Depending on the upkeep, I may decide to go to knee, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do the upkeep since I'll be in university then... At classic length you can still wear a braid and not sit on it, I think, which may be ideal if I don't have time for anything but a braid.

If I do go to knee, it'll probably get there by the time I'm finished school entirely, 2016 or 2017.

Teazel
October 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM

Ah, 2010 will be here before you know it, and you'll be swishing your gorgeous waistlength hair about. :D The trick is to enjoy the journey, and not get too focussed on the destination.

My hair grows a bit less than 1/2 an inch per month at present, and it's just come out of a stall so *fingers crossed* it should keep going for a while. I might be at my current goal of mid-thigh by May or June 2009.

Anje
October 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get to my knees, because I want to start trimming more to keep my ends thick. (Not to mention, I'm not sure my hair will go that far -- I'll be thrilled if I get fingertip-length.) I think I'm shooting for fingertip by the time I get my doctorate -- about 3 years and a cubit away.

JessTheMess
October 23rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
It will take me 2 years to get to TB, maybe a bit longer since I need to trim every so often:rolleyes:

robinjoy68
October 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
At about 1/2" per mo. I should be there in about 34 mo. If I measured right 36" should be at my tail bone. Of course I'll be very excited when it gets out long enough to put up! :)

AnneAdeline
October 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I'm hoping for waist by my high school graduation. Don't know if I'll make that though, so if not I hope to have waist by Fall 2009, when I start college.

Amara
October 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM

ROLF - nice.

blue_nant
October 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
20 more inches to my heels. 1/2 inch a month. x loss due to breakage per year.
40 months of growth = 3 years and 4 months for growth, but x is unknown.

So I'll just guess and say that if I take really really good care of my hair, and nothing untoward happens to it, then by the time I'm 50 ... I'll still be growing my (breaks into the song "Hair") Hair hair hair hair haaaaiiiiirrrr!

... and maybe it'll be ankle-length ...

eyesofsummer
October 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
I've got a bit over a year until hip, and once I get there I'll be self-stalling to clean up the ends. Many more trims than I currently get! I think it will be three or so years until all of what I consider damaged is grown out and I'm at a desired length.

Speedbump
October 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'll likely reach classic when dry and unstretched late next year. :)

Unnamed
October 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
The 'next' goal (knee length) should be reached in, er, Feb '09 to July '09. Only need 2-3" more or so, but hair may stall. Or it may grow real fast, as it's done a couple times in the last year. Or I might find I need more than 53-54" to reach knee length, too. :lol:

End goal is terminal length, though. That'll be reached whenever it gets reached.

Vitalai
October 23rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
I hadn't even thought about this. Writing is out makes it seem so much farther away. I think it'll take until May or June for me be BSL+. I don't measure my hair, so this is just a guess.

drquartz1970
October 24th, 2008, 02:55 AM
My growth rate in a year is around 6-7 inches. My goal length is to reach 18 inches which I'm thinking would be another 2 years away. :rolleyes:

Nanni
October 24th, 2008, 04:14 AM
I have about 6 inches left to tailbone. I think I'll be there around fall 2010 with trimming included. I'll be 25 at that time. Can't wait.

Arctic_Mama
October 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Wow good question... I tend to just put my hair up and forget about it, so calculating growth is a bit funky. And mine seems to grow faster than many, as well, so that throws it off. My main goal is mid thigh or knee on me, which is about 48 inches. I think I am at around 22 right now, so I have 26 inches to go. Based on the rate I am observing that means I'd hit that goal in 2-3 years, but based on the normal rate of growth 4 or so years is what I'd be looking at. That also assumes I don't get tired of my slightly damaged ends and hack them at the first chance I get (which would be once they grow to waist length) :lol:

Tressie
October 24th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I have my goal listed as classic length. I have no idea what terminal is for me, so I may stall out before I get there. I am toying with the idea of going for terminal, however, which may be longer? I think it will takes me a couple of years, maybe less, to get to classic. I'm around tailbone now.

If I could lose some weight, LOL, my butt would be smaller and I might get to classic quicker?? (o: Just a random thought! ha, ha, ha!

harley mama
October 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM
If I continue to do regular trims, it will take at least 2 years for me to reach classic.
Unless I decide to stop at TB. Or cut off another 4". I am always fickle about my hair
so, who knows? But, I think 2 years is a good guess.

Buddaphlyy
October 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
My hair grow less than 1/2 inch per month and I'm going for terminal, so no clue how long that will take. I do hope to be APL or more by my 24th birthday in January 2010.

Aries_jb
October 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
About 8 months to get to BSL, but I'm going to see what the length looks like on me in December. If I'm okay with it and it's long enough to do some nice updos, then I'm going to start doing microtrims to thicken it up.

CourtneyS
October 24th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Judging by my current goal and the typical 1/2 inch It would be about 18 months.. but my hair grows pretty fast.. Im sure there will be a point when it will stall but I dont think that generally happens for me until its about shoulder length.

Meatball Head
October 25th, 2008, 03:51 AM
lol my hair grows insane fast...like im talking 2" a month...but i trim like insane...like every other day i cut my tips if its in a braid or ponytail of pigtails...so i've reached my goal a few times, but i want it ll even lol, so i just keep trimming...i dont trust ppl with my hair...this guy i know wanted an inch off his chind length hair...ended up with little more than a brush cut...uh yeah...no...

Robbi Dehlinger
October 25th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Lessee, if I get back to 1 inch per month i will make my goal in about 40 months, at 1/2 inch a bit more? (I hope not!)

Isblå
October 25th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hmm. This thread made me do the calculation, and it seems that I'll be at waist around next midsummer if my current growth rate is the norm ( I just started measuring) and if I do not trim. However I have a lot of layers and I'm not sure how they will look as my hair gets longer so I might have to straighten them up before I get to waist. Lots of uncertainties here... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Ice~Cold~Wind
October 25th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm hoping for it to just reach the beginning of my thighs, and I'm waist length now, so, I'd say probably about 1 1/2 years to go. :)

freznow
October 25th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Well, terminal could be at any point. I figure the ends are about 5-6 years old right now, so I probably have anywhere from 1-4 years growth left, but you never know. So my final goal could be any time.

As for when I might reach my next major milestone... I should be about at knee at high school graduation (1.6 or so years from now.) and if it doesn't stop before then, 3-4 years from now I might be at floor. If my goals/growth/term don't mess with that.

Ponytale
October 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Wow--I am on the other end of the spectrum by the sounds of it. I think I get 1/3 inch per month! Also, due to fineness, I have to trim or it simply fairytails and looks invisible! I was thinking it will be next spring before I get that last inch I want!:( Then, it will be a year or so to thicken it up!

Elphie
October 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I've only been measuring for two months so I can only base my estimation on that. So far, my hair seems to grow about an inch per month. I would expect to reach waist before this summer.

My last trim was seven months ago and I may consider a small one before the Christmas holidays.

itsMEowKat
October 25th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Well, considering I have NO idea how quickly my hair actually grows per month, but figuring on how long it's taken me to go from shoulder length to BSL (26") I figure It'll take me at least 2 more years to reach Classic (40" for me). But what I'm really waiting for is for my hair to reach hip length. THAT's when it'll really seem long to me.

GlennaGirl
October 25th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Approximately 18 months until waist at .5" a month. :)

PeaceWithTrees
October 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hmmmm, well....im having a bit of trouble tyring to figure out how fast my hair actually grows...It seems like every time i measure, its a different lenght.....im considering bleaching a few strands so that when they grow out, i can better see how fast its growing.....Any how, i have about 7 or 8 inches to go before i reach my goal of 30 inches.....so Im hoping that will be about a little less than 2 years or so...My hair seems to grow fast, but it doesnt show because im constantly battleing breakage and damage.....

HairColoredHair
October 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Um... maybe 2 years to Knee? 1 year? Depends on how my hair is growing (or not, whatever).

Same again to calf, same again to ankle... presuming my hair gets that far!

HappyEeyore
October 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM
It is hard for me to say, because I notice that as my hair (and layers) grows longer, there seem to be more of those 'fairy tale ends'. Kind of scraggly and thin, and I almost can't justify counting them as actual hair length because of the lack of quantity of actual strands!

I've given myself a few trims this past year, only a couple of dozen strands it seemed like, just to make the ends a little more even.

My hair is actually past tail bone now, but is not quite past my tush. So, I will take a guess and write it on my calendar: classic in 6 months?

ItalianFlower
October 25th, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'm at eighteen inches (probably longer now, since I haven't changed that number since I joined, but going from that number). My goal is about thirty-four. I average one inch per three months (which I guess would mean I'm at twenty inches) so...four inches a year. Thirty-four minus eighteen is sixteen. Sixteen divided by four is four so about four years. Wow. I'm going to be here for a long time! Guess it's about three and a half years now...

mugglemomof3
October 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I should be there (mine's waist length) in less than a year. That includes a couple of trims either before or after I technically reach waist.