PDA

View Full Version : Woolly hats?

Woolly
February 11th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Ok, bit of a random question here, but here goes...

I've been growing out my hair since last August after my hairdresser basically shredded my hair and called it a pixie cut. It's now just over my shirt collar and a tad mullety.

I sometimes wear a knitted beanie hat to cover it up. Do you think my hair will be ok under a woolly hat all day, or will it get damaged/chafed? My hats are all hand knitted by me in soft yarns so they don't feel particularly rough but I just wondered what you all thought. I love all things yarny, hence my username. :)

Thanks for your thoughts! Xxx

Chromis
February 11th, 2017, 09:36 AM
No harm at all for me! We have a couple of threads on winter hats and knitted hats as well where I have shown lots of examples.

Woolly
February 11th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Oh fab! Thanks! :)

Arctic
February 11th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Some people like to have their hats lined with something silky. I think more textured hats are more of a problem for curlies? I don't know your hair type but if your hair seems fine I wouldn't worry about it. I use wooly hats all the time in the winter, but unlike what I understood from your post, I only use them outdoors, not hours at the time and/or indoors.

Woolly
February 11th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info! :)

antler_tines
February 11th, 2017, 12:27 PM
You could buy some used silk or satin scarves at a thrift store (not sure in that is common where you are) to use to protect your hair from rubbing. They might also be cute to wear on their own :)