PDA

View Full Version : Hair Wipes!

fairylover46
February 10th, 2017, 01:22 PM
I have been making my own "baby wipes" for some time now. I experimented a few weeks ago and put Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, baby oil, and avacado oil in a bowl (few squirts of each, didn't measure) and added water. Blended it all together, then put one half of a paper towel roll (cut thru it with a knife) in the mixture to soak it all up. Had to turn it a few times to get it all saturated. Squeezed out the excess and peeled one towel at a time off the roll, folded it in half, and put it in a baby wipe container. I have been using these wipes for all over body moisturizing and removing makeup. Before or after braiding I will wipe down the last few inches of hair with a wipe. It adds just enough of the good stuff to protect and moisturize without looking greasy. I wanted to share this in case anybody else wanted to give it a try.

gthlvrmx
February 10th, 2017, 02:05 PM
I have been making my own "baby wipes" for some time now. I experimented a few weeks ago and put Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, baby oil, and avacado oil in a bowl (few squirts of each, didn't measure) and added water. Blended it all together, then put one half of a paper towel roll (cut thru it with a knife) in the mixture to soak it all up. Had to turn it a few times to get it all saturated. Squeezed out the excess and peeled one towel at a time off the roll, folded it in half, and put it in a baby wipe container. I have been using these wipes for all over body moisturizing and removing makeup. Before or after braiding I will wipe down the last few inches of hair with a wipe. It adds just enough of the good stuff to protect and moisturize without looking greasy. I wanted to share this in case anybody else wanted to give it a try.

Wow,genius! I wonder if you can make a SMT and use that for the hair wipes.

fairylover46
February 10th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Brilliant idea! I'll try to get the ingredients together and whip some up Monday when I'm off and see how it does. I'll report back on it. Thanks for the idea.

lapushka
February 10th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Don't they either dry out, or turn to mush (paper towel?).

I think maybe old dryer sheets (my mom keeps them for cleaning purposes) would perhaps be better suited to withstand moist conditions.

fairylover46
February 10th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I use the double ply paper towels. Can't remember what brand at the moment. I store them in a baby wipe container or a recycled candle jar with a lid so the don't dry out. I use them up so fast they don't have time to mold or dry out.

lapushka
February 11th, 2017, 03:54 AM
I use the double ply paper towels. Can't remember what brand at the moment. I store them in a baby wipe container or a recycled candle jar with a lid so the don't dry out. I use them up so fast they don't have time to mold or dry out.

Yeah, mine are even triple ply, I think, but if they get wet, they get soggy and start breaking apart. Because that's what paper does when you wet it thoroughly. But I'm glad it's working for you. I couldn't imagine doing this.

Pantha
February 11th, 2017, 11:54 AM
This sounds like a great idea, and theyre probably better for the environment than the fibre baby wipes you can purchase. I guess its a case of trial and error to find a paper towel that's strong enough to not disintegrate.

lapushka
February 11th, 2017, 12:59 PM
IDK, I guess it's a matter of preference, but I think I'd then much rather put the ingredients in a tiny spray bottle (fill it halfway up) and then use that to spray my hair, rather than waste a lot of product just to soak wipes to wipe my hair down.

littlestarface
February 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Pretty cool, you know they have something like this in japan they're called hair wipes or hair sheets and they work to smooth down flyaways and smell delicious!