PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years at LHC - From ii/iii to iii !!!! THANK YOU!

Gaelic Girl
February 9th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Hello Folks!

I"m fit to burst and just had to share and express my gratitude to LHC! :flowers:

I've been noticing that my hair is finally growing again after years...AND seemed much thicker AND I actually have a straight hemline!! Fist time in about 15 years!! I kinda thought my pony thickness seemed fuller too so decided to measure.

HOLY DINAH...I went from 3.5 inches to 4.25 inches!!!! :agape: :thud: It's about 3 inches below TB, although it looks like TB when it sproings up...so it finally LOOKS long without stretching....AND the braid ends look quite nice. My hair sticks have to be 9 inches now, and forks are at least 7...but that's in part due to a huge head. :bigtongue:

I was pretty quiet here for a couple years due to illness and ...life...but have been back and reading threads regularly for a couple years now, and well...am pretty excited here and just want to thank ALL the wonderful people at LHC for their advice, encouragement, and generous spirits!! :blossom:

I came back from a terrible henna disaster that left me with severe bald patches and having to cut 13 - 18 inches and hair coming out in clumps...took me many years to grow again...and I share this to give all those out there who have had damage or a huge chop encouragement...don't give up....one day you'll just kinda realize you love your hair and realize...oh MY...I DID IT!! :happydance:

Keep dreaming...I know I am. I am aiming for Classic/FTL and ultimately hoping for knee...and although this'll still take years...for the very first time in my life, thanks to the knowledge I've learned at LHC....it is a possibility! :joy:

Thank you, LHC!!! :cheer:

Slainte,
Gaelic Girl

lithostoic
February 9th, 2017, 10:44 PM
You've come a long way! Congrats!

Gaelic Girl
February 9th, 2017, 10:48 PM
You've come a long way! Congrats!

Thanks, lithostoic! :)

LadyCelestina
February 9th, 2017, 11:09 PM
Congrats! That is quite a jump in thickness, yay!

Also thanks for the encouragement :)

lapushka
February 10th, 2017, 03:23 AM
No picture? Or, is it just me that can't see it? :hmm: (don't feel pressured to post one, though)

In any case, looks like you've come a long way. :cheer:

embee
February 10th, 2017, 05:19 AM
What an amazing thickness change! I wish my hair would bulk up a bit, but then my hairtoys probably wouldn't fit any more, so... sigh. ;)

Congrats on 10 years and good growing! Bald patches, ugh, how horrid. Glad that's over with!

CindyOfTheOaks
February 10th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Big congratulations to you :flowers:

Gaelic Girl
February 10th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Congrats! That is quite a jump in thickness, yay!

Also thanks for the encouragement :)

Thanks, LadyCelestina! I was stunned. I still have nowhere near the thickness of a lot of curlies here...lots of poof..but this was extremely encouraging and I wanted to share with folks I knew would also rejoice and maybe give some people who were struggling some hope. My family and friends have short hair and wouldn't see any difference. LOL. Although for many years my Mum, who suffers from alopecia (4 generations before me...so when I had the henna disaster years ago, I thought it had fallen on me) commented that my hair was thinning and getting shorter and shorter over the years. I now realize it was the chlorine in the city water that was breaking it off. We had well water on the farm, rich in minerals, so moving to the city for uni destroyed my hair. I put in a Sprite shower filter a year ago and the difference in my hair, skin, and lungs is incredible!! I highly recommend it to everyone for overall health! :happydance:

No picture? Or, is it just me that can't see it? :hmm: (don't feel pressured to post one, though)

In any case, looks like you've come a long way. :cheer:

Hee hee..thanks, lapushka! Your advice over the years has helped me greatly! I knew someone would call me on not having a pic to back it up! LOL I don't currently have a camera or anyone to take a pic on my phone of the length..but stay tuned. :) For reference.....I am wearing a 7 x 2 inch hair fork in the pic on my profile page (green fork and green sweater), and I now wear 9 inch sticks, and 7 x 3 inch hair forks.

What an amazing thickness change! I wish my hair would bulk up a bit, but then my hairtoys probably wouldn't fit any more, so... sigh. ;)

Congrats on 10 years and good growing! Bald patches, ugh, how horrid. Glad that's over with!

Thanks, embee! That's why I posted this thread...it can happen...I've not had thickness like this since it was shoulder length. Don't give up! Weekly oilings, caster oil, good nutrition, satin pillows, braiding wet hair at night, gentle products, using a TT and T-shirt to dry always..and ESPECIALLY A SPRITE SHOWER FILTER...it has all added up and ..poof! But you're right...my hair toys from when I began at LHC look teeny now. :) If you've noticed over the years artists on Etsy offering "mega", or "huge" custom hair toys...chances are... NOT complaining...I just wear 2 of the old ones now instead of 1 at a time. ;)

Here's the link for a Sprite shower filter:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sprite-Showers-Universal-Shower-Filter-in-Chrome-SL2-CM-R/202386562

Big congratulations to you :flowers:

Thanks so much, CindyOfTheOaks!!! I want to celebrate with everyone, and say that if it can happen for me with good routines and products..it can happen for anyone. :flowers:

hanne jensen
February 11th, 2017, 05:41 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary and your increase in thickness. How did you do it? Tips, advice, please? My hair has started to thin and I'd love to know how you increased your thickness. Pretty please?

Seeshami
February 11th, 2017, 09:10 AM
*hugs* congratulations!

lapis_lazuli
February 11th, 2017, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! :bowtome: :grin:

lapushka
February 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Hee hee..thanks, lapushka! Your advice over the years has helped me greatly! I knew someone would call me on not having a pic to back it up! LOL I don't currently have a camera or anyone to take a pic on my phone of the length..but stay tuned. :) For reference.....I am wearing a 7 x 2 inch hair fork in the pic on my profile page (green fork and green sweater), and I now wear 9 inch sticks, and 7 x 3 inch hair forks.

I was just terribly curious, that's all. You know me. ;) I'll check out your profile page (hadn't done that yet, oops). :thumbsup:

Ligeia Noire
February 12th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Oh my that's absolutely incredible. Congratulations!!!

Kae612
February 12th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Congrats! That sounds awesome! ;) and very encouraging w/re: LHC methods too! I'm trying to find more comfortable styles so I don't get breakage by my right shoulder, trial and error, but maybe I'll get there!

RavenRose
February 12th, 2017, 10:24 AM
WOW! congrats!

JillRenee
February 12th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Congratulations! You're giving me hope! :happydance:

Alissalocks
February 17th, 2017, 11:01 PM
It's kind of amazing that this forum has so many long time members, but since we are all dedicated to a long term goal it also makes sense! I've noticed in just 6 months that my hair seems to be getting thicker, but need to get better about measuring my ponytail. I am excited to see what 10 years of LHC changes might be like, thanks for sharing. Would love to see a pic :D

summergame
February 17th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Congrats on your milestone! :)

Serimel
February 18th, 2017, 12:57 AM
That's huge! Congrats! :joy:

lovetoread
February 26th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary and your thickness. That's amazing!

saddamna
February 26th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Congrats...💐