PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use mango butter?

Sw33th34rt4my
February 6th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Does anyone use mango butter for their hair? I was thinking about trying but would like some opinions and information first. I did some searches but haven't found much. I see a lot of people like Shea butter but I am allergic to it. So, how do you use mango butter? What are the benefits of it? How has it worked for you?

Alex Lou
February 6th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Is mango butter allergy common? I know that mango skin, leaves, bark has the same substance as poison ivy/poison oak, but the butter's from the kernel, right?

ChloeDharma
February 7th, 2017, 12:22 AM
Is mango butter allergy common? I know that mango skin, leaves, bark has the same substance as poison ivy/poison oak, but the butter's from the kernel, right?

I think the OP means they are allergic to shea butter and is thinking of mango butter as a possible alternative.

I've never used mango butter but am curious so will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Borgessa
February 7th, 2017, 12:30 AM
I have seen other folks on YouTube, use mango butter on there hair, and swear by it, their hair doesn't like coconut oil, or Shea butter. I tried it in my hair, but mango, and Shea butter not for me, made my hair yuck, I prefer the oils. But my hair is not sensitive to coconut.

ETA:

This lady explains a little about why she uses Mango butter instead of Shea and has a recipe to the mix she uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BChInQf9TeU&list=PLN5Ij4ZdrfB5kwf0zbdHGsJOJNucnZ4ce&index=1&t=12s

It was after watching this one I made my own to try, although i don't put it in my hair, and I don't use all the oils she did, prob less than a 3rd, I love it as a body butter, I make both the Shea and Mango, I suspect that the mango butter is somehow manufactured, as its not a nut to create butter, thats what I am assuming anyway.