PDA

View Full Version : Alternative long hair?

CheshireGrin
October 22nd, 2008, 10:43 PM
I was wondering if anybody here has radically dyed hair or maybe parts of their hair that are very short while the rest is long? My own hair has bleached parts that are dyed bright red. (there is about an inch and a half of root growth, doesn't really matter though 'cause it's mostly the underside that's dyed.) I REALLY want to keep an alternative look to my hair but I'm scared it'll damage it too much to keep growing it. My hair was also dreaded for 9 months until I combed them out. That was a while ago. I ended up cutting about 6 inches off. (not all at once)

I was thinking of dying my hair black (my natural colour is very dark brown) but it's so hard to stay away from bright colours. lol I'm asking because I was planning to bleach up more pieces but I want to know other people's experiences with this first. I don't want to screw it all up. Thanks. <3 (Oh, and the hair that is bleached and dyed is actually in good condition. If anything it actually feels silkier than the rest of my hair. Weird, huh? o_O)

Elainehali
October 22nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
I used to make the under section of my hair have purple ends.

The under section of hair always seems to be in better condition than the top layers.

My hair has been bleached, but is still in nice condition. Conditioner only washes have seemed to make all the difference to me.

RocketDog
October 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
I don't have any crazy colored hair any more, but I used to do all sorts of stuff with it. If you want to do something fun/funky, you could always braid a few colored extensions into your hair, that way you're not damaging your actual hair and you still get to change things up as often as your mood dictates!

Aditi
October 23rd, 2008, 12:44 AM
I don't have any crazy colored hair any more, but I used to do all sorts of stuff with it. If you want to do something fun/funky, you could always braid a few colored extensions into your hair, that way you're not damaging your actual hair and you still get to change things up as often as your mood dictates!
That's a real cool tip, Thanks for sharing it.

ravenreed
October 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
I have wanted to put flaming pink streaks in my hair for a while. I think it would rock against the burgundy. However, I color it every month and I am not sure I want to deal with not coloring that part one color, but instead something else. Did that make ANY sense?

Katze
October 23rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
I keep thinking about colored extensions (the kind you braid in yourself!) too. Also, since my hair is going silver in a streak in the front, I would love to dye it a weird color some time...

Lots of bleaching and dyeing is not good for your hair. For me, it was a choice between bleached-white hair, or black hair, or blue hair, and long, healthy hair. But I think occasional applications of food-dye-based bright colors (e.g. Manic Panic) would not be really terrible...