PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with tailbone or longer

Darkhorse1
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Curious to ask those with tailbone length hair or longer---did you find your hair got flat as it was growing/inbetween certain lengths. It's been ages since I had tailbone length, and that's my current goal. I'm noticing my hair has less body (I am lucky to have natural wave), but seeing photos from when I was young and has tbl, it was very wavy. I'm just wondering if it's just a 'growth' phase. I know I will lose thickness at the ends as it grows. I'm getting trim tomorrow (neatening).

Just curious to know if you found your hair felt thinner as it got longer?

truepeacenik
October 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
I noticed flattening. That's when I sat here and pulled my hair and swore and cried and yelled at everyone on LHC who could do a bun until I could do one well enough.
I still "goober" a lot of them, but the waves are nice "body."

thinning I noticed starting at that length. I think it was fairytale ends becoming dominant.
I'm still going back and forth on what I think of them on me.
(y'know cause everyone else's look fab but your own are drab.)

mira-chan
October 22nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Flattening? Yes, and I was happy for it. At hip my hair would stand up 2 to 3 inches all around my head after wash. I had enough body to hide a body of small mammal under there. Now it looks more normal.

Thinner ends too increased with length. Then again I didn't trim and my hair just grows unevenly so I got fairytale ends.

peachy.pudding
October 23rd, 2008, 03:22 AM
When i was at tailbone length long ago my hair type changed from a 1b to a 1a as the weight makes your hair straighter, however when my hair got greasy it looked quite flat, but when it was clean it looked great. Some people have really flat hair from the front and i dont like this look at all, i am not sure what causes it as it can happen on those with thick or thin hair, i am just thankful i dont get the flat look with long hair (or hair that just hangs there).

loves2spin
October 23rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Mine is not anywhere near tailbone length, but I have the same thing going on. Particularly that the weather has turned cold and much more dry. In the summertime, with the humidity and heat my hair is very wavy, but now it is quite straight and flat on my head when you look at the front. I don't really like it, but I am not going to cut it, so just have to deal with it! Anyway, I'm nearly 60 years old and so I have a different attitude toward my appearance than I did years ago. :D

darl_in1
October 23rd, 2008, 06:31 AM
When mine was tailbone the weight of it definately flattened it. Once I cut it it got much bushier - I now think I need to grow it a bit longer just for the flattening effect of the weight. I hate that my hair is so thick.

<She>
October 23rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
I noticed flattening at around past-tb because of the weight of the hair. Now at almost classic, when I have freshly washed hair it's not as flat as much as it is when greasy. I still have body and some volume, but much less then when it was at waist.
But I don't know for sure if it's flatter then before nowadays since I wear it contained almost all the time.

Darkhorse1
October 23rd, 2008, 11:52 AM
That's interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Chromis
October 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM
I don't see any problem with having "flat" hair. Mine didn't "flatten" much more at tailbone than it did at BSL and has not done such now as I near classic either. My ends remain thick as long as I trim then now and then (emphasis on and then, I might think to take an inch or less off every six months or so).

Catladyintown
October 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hi Darkhorse1 the longer my hair gets my curls have gone away.:( When I had hair around 28 inches I still had curly hair. But now I only have curly hair when I have just washed it for one day only. Then it goes totally flat.

Xandergrammy
October 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Flattening? Yes, and I was happy for it. At hip my hair would stand up 2 to 3 inches all around my head after wash. I had enough body to hide a body of small mammal under there. Now it looks more normal.

Thinner ends too increased with length. Then again I didn't trim and my hair just grows unevenly so I got fairytale ends.

:rollin: mira, I could have written this post! Yep, one nice thing about longer hair is that it tends to hang a little flatter. I have to be careful how I handle it though or it can get a wee bit too poofy. :gabigrin:

MsBubbles
October 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Some people have really flat hair from the front and i dont like this look at all, i am not sure what causes it as it can happen on those with thick or thin hair, i am just thankful i dont get the flat look with long hair (or hair that just hangs there).

Ah hah! Yeah, that would be my world. :rolleyes: And I'm not even close to tailbone yet.

snowbear
October 23rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
The only time my hair flattened was between chin to shoulder. It's been the same since shoulder, and I'm at tailbone now.

HairColoredHair
October 23rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
My hair's essentially the same as it always was. If anything it has more bounce, as it's always up now so it can't weigh itself down. And it's always been pretty much stick straight, so flattening? Couldn't say. Thinning? Well... I've developed fairy tales, but my ponytail thickness is the same as ever. :)

zift
October 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
I kept my hair very long for so many years that after I cut it back I realized that I have forgotten how wavy it was. Yes length really has an effect of pulling the waves out and also as the ends get thinner, it stays closer to the body and has less puff:)

AmandaPanda
October 23rd, 2008, 04:29 PM
My hair got flatter by the time it was waist length. It still has a tiny bit of wave, but the waves were much more pronounced at shoulder-BS length

Anne~
October 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Flattening....yes and I begged for it! That is why I grew my hair long so I can get some sort of control over it. :rolleyes:

Speedbump
October 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
Mine has absolutely flattened out over time, and like mira-chan, I was very happy about it. :lol: I had "big hair" without trying when it was shorter, and I always wanted it flatter. Now it's definitely "there."

And yes, I have experienced the last third of my hair thinning out. I haven't trimmed hardly at all in the last two years and it has really made itself known.