PDA

View Full Version : New and looking for inspiration

Ladylemon
January 31st, 2017, 03:13 PM
Hey all! New here, I decided to sign up for an account after making the decision to grow my hair out after buzzing it (for the second time) in October. The relationship I have had with my hair has not been great; I have been messing with it (chemically and by cutting/shaving whathaveyou) since I was about 14. It recently dawned on me that I manipulate my hair whenever I am stressed and I want to stop doing that and just, well, let it grow! If anybody has any advice, tips, stories that are similar to mine they would like to share with me that would great! I'm looking forward to using this forum!

Ophidian
January 31st, 2017, 03:35 PM
Hi, and welcome!

The relationship with your hair that you describe sounds a lot like mine. I definitely have done a lot more cutting/dying/shaving when I feel off. Recognizing that is a big step. The best advice I have is take care of yourself, be gentle with your hair, and as hard as this is, ignore it as much as possible :). Experiments are fun, but there is so much to try here it can be a bit overwhelming. One new thing every two weeks or so is a good rule of thumb, if you feel like trying new things. Or if you are happy with your routine already, cool! Keeping a personal blog here has been a helpful way for me to log stuff I try and track growth over time.

lapushka
January 31st, 2017, 04:01 PM
Welcome! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 31st, 2017, 04:14 PM
Hi and welcome! :waving:

Dark40
January 31st, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hi and welcome!:)

TatsuOni
February 1st, 2017, 02:10 AM
Welcome! :)

Groovy Granny
February 1st, 2017, 01:00 PM
Welcome ~ happy growing :)

Seija
February 1st, 2017, 07:11 PM
Welcome! I definitely can relate with your hair experiences. Since I was about 13 I started coloring and flat ironing, and that eventually turned into a purple mohawk somehow by the time I was 26. I'm now 27 and started growing at the end of last year, my hair is almost reaching collar bone after some trims to make it all one length and is healthier looking than ever. For me, my hair growth gives me a sense of accomplishment since I also seemed to do drastic things to my hair during times of stress. Good luck with your growth!

Dante
February 5th, 2017, 02:50 AM
Welcome! And I am the same way - when I'm stressed I think of cutting, colouring, even perking my hair. I'm trying to now just let it grow, and going pretty well with it. I had it trimmed about a year and a half ago but aside from that, haven't done anything to it for about 3 years.

I'm trying to get in the habit of trying new treatments (new oils, hair masks, etc) or new styles now when I feel I need a change.

Ladylemon
February 7th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had that type of relationship with their hair- I had always wondered if I was just a little nutty! Anyhoo thank you for the great advice. I am definitely going to try doing treatments that will benefit my hair instead of harming it whenever I feel like messing with it and just focus on improving the condition of my hair in general!

Greenfire
February 9th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Welcome! Come in and stay a while! Pull up a chair and chat with us! Whenever you're feeling like it's time to do something drastic with your hair, come and see us! We'll talk you through everything!